turbo kit pics please

Voltwings

Established Member
Are those Dump tubes just running VTA at the rear of the car haha? I like the dumped sound but damn, seems a little excessive.

wikdlx

The Bone
Established Member
the JPC looks much cleaner than the website pics show, thank you.

could the waste gates not be positioned in a more accessible location? will them getting wet affect their performance or life span?

svt04cobra1

Established Member
Here is my Hellion Twin Kit. I am very happy with the choice!

9766862733_1b6d9df247_o.jpg

I wouldn't be to happy with those HP and TQ numbers in your sig if thats for real. Otherwise I'd update those numbers. LOL :kaboom:

Eric@jpc

Established Member
Are those Dump tubes just running VTA at the rear of the car haha? I like the dumped sound but damn, seems a little excessive.

That was a Boss and we thought it would be cool to have the Waste Gates hooked up to the old side pipes. Usually they just get dumped straight down.

the JPC looks much cleaner than the website pics show, thank you.

could the waste gates not be positioned in a more accessible location? will them getting wet affect their performance or life span?

That is the best place for them to be They are installed right on a bend to permit good exhaust flow.

They will be fine if they get wet

svt04cobra1

Established Member
Running hellion twins with stainless works 3" back. With a fuel system on boss motor I made 862rwhp at 12psi on 93

Your arguments invalid on making power with twins. Needs free flowing exhaust

True statement. We have found you can lose as much as 100hp by being corked up by exhaust. I run straight pipes with a couple of resonators. Not loud at all with twins until you hit the go pedal. :beer:

Eric@jpc

Established Member
True statement. We have found you can lose as much as 100hp by being corked up by exhaust. I run straight pipes with a couple of resonators. Not loud at all with twins until you hit the go pedal. :beer:

True have found that even a X pipe can make you lose a little power.

straight out the back exhaust for the win

wikdlx

The Bone
Established Member
I just switched to the stainless works GT500 kit that has no mufflers and only the glass pack looking resonators under the car

CSG

Established Member
Our findings with the twin kit was that the power hit a wall. More boost did nothing. Dropped the exhaust and instantly picked up 70rw on the "street" setting. Ran that way up to 807rw. Added the magnaflow competition 3" complete system. Tested it mostly at the track. ET nor MPH improved while adding boost. Acted just like it did on the dyno with exhaust on it as it ran no better with more boost than with low boost. With cut outs and still running the x-pipe they run well.

StevenStarke

Fast/Reliable/Cheap pick2
Established Member
intercoolers still work well without being directly in air flow. Just the fact that the charged air gets split up helps cool it down drastically.

poof100

Established Member
WEDDINGPICS041_zpsdc7e7df2.jpg
WEDDINGPICS022_zpsa86c1619.jpg

Personally don't think dyno numbers mean much but made 800rwhp on 14 psi/16 deg on a mustang dyno

What Fuel was this on, I'm guessing 93 based on the timing? Also, what Intercooler is Kooks/Motiva using, a custom one?

IMG_2730copy_zps33d95ee6.jpg

IMG_2726copy_zps305d7c4c.jpg

IMG_2744copy_zps62464089.jpg

We have been 10.0 at 140 with this kit and a stick shift stock boss engine on E85

Fit is great and it will work with either kooks or JBA headers. if thats something you would like to have we can work it in the price!!

Looking good! :beer:

Force Induced

Boost Addict
Established Member
I will be pushing the hellion kit to its limits with everything built and plenty of fuel on tap so look for a good solid dyno in january and track results to follow.

I also like the jpc kit as justin , eric and the guys at jpc did a good job there numbers back it up. I just feel there aren't many guys who are running the hellion kit fast aren't members here or on other boards. Not everyone spends time bullshittin lol. Plus all this sub 10 speed isnt cheap not everyone can bank roll like the customers at underground racing lol.

mastwolf

4800fps = Mach1 in h2o
Established Member
I will be pushing the hellion kit to its limits with everything built and plenty of fuel on tap so look for a good solid dyno in january and track results to follow.

I also like the jpc kit as justin , eric and the guys at jpc did a good job there numbers back it up. I just feel there aren't many guys who are running the hellion kit fast aren't members here or on other boards. Not everyone spends time bullshittin lol. Plus all this sub 10 speed isnt cheap not everyone can bank roll like the customers at underground racing lol.

It does cost some money to fast! But I have alot of stock parts still, and far from underground racing price!

Turbo Kit
Injectors
JMS Voltagebooster
Converter
Drag Radials

And if you dont always go for Precision, or Injector Dynamics or other over priced crap, you can go fast...on a budget!

Quesplosive

Atomic Snake #3
Established Member
How much power do you want to make?

I had the Hellion twins. The reason I ask about power is from what I found the power was limited by the exhaust. 680rw on a Mustang dyno was IT with the mufflers attached. The comp mufflers did better than the GT500 but still limited it. So cut-outs are needed to make more power. I wonder if this is why JPC dumps their wastegates and does not run them through the exhaust. You don't see too many Hellion cars running faster than mid tens. It does that easily though as I ran 10.71 on 6.5 psi. Also ran 10.71 on 12 psi...

The install is pretty involved but if you take plenty of time it is not that bad. Anyone doing it should plan on having a custom ac line made. If you don't break yours then the heat will most likely get it.

That is true. I fried mines but went back with 4 layers of protection. Also taking old line in to get a custom one made. Just incase anything happens to my overkill job. lol

04sleeper

Runs On "Liquid Gold"
Super Moderator
I wouldn't be to happy with those HP and TQ numbers in your sig if thats for real. Otherwise I'd update those numbers. LOL :kaboom:
I tuned it myself on the street. So no numbers.

One could always buy the AC line that On3 provides with there kits, just sayin'.
John was afraid if people had to change the line and drain/refill the A/C, then it might scare some off from buying the kit. Easier install.

I wouldn't put an ON3 kit on my car if it were given to me for free! Any one can build a junk kit and make it work, but the cheap quality isn't worth the hassle.

Just my $.02

Users who are viewing this thread