Turbo mustang owners, come in.

04sleeper

Runs On "Liquid Gold"
Super Moderator
I am running the .042 jets and never had an issue with smoke.

I just pulled my coil covers to check my plugs a few days ago and haven't had any issues. I do have my pipes wrapped though.

Fabbed5.0

Established Member
Great info Jim, thanks for sharing. I wanna say the return line was -12 AN each but I'm not 100% sure on that. I have the bigger bulkhead fittings I can add to the oil pan at some point--maybe during the next phase. (if it ever happens)

Hellion runs -10 for return lines, If you ever go to the next step we can weld in the fittings on the oil pan.

JUIC3D

Boost Junkie
Established Member
way off topic on the oil suply, but all you hellion guys...
I saw two twin hellion cars in person and both of them had the piping way too close to the coil covers on the driver side. To a point where the covers were melted a little. Is this common, or can that be adjusted a little bit. (neither of the 2 cars had exhaust wrap though)

I can't speak for everyone else, but I have had absolutely 0 issues with heat in my car and I live in Florida. There's not even a hint of discoloration on the valve covers and they were painted with Autozone rattle can paint like a year ago.

After a dyno pull or a 1/4 blast at the track, I can pop the hood and you can touch any part of the hotside without burning yourself. The heat is contained very well.

All of my hotside was ceramic coated by my boy Fabbed5.0 then I wrapped it with header wrap and put turbo blankets on. I have plenty of air gap between downpipes and heads as well. Easily 3/4" or more.

0818AB59-AAAA-4E2C-9AF5-300D57148595_zpsa99jkgsb.jpg

EB8C7737-2EA8-491E-A8B8-96932555F8BD_zpsmn6crozm.jpg

B32F7C76-10EE-4594-B2A5-536A73C322AC_zpsuv3bdgvw.jpg

JUIC3D

Boost Junkie
Established Member
Yessir, manifolds are just coated, not wrapped. Everything else is wrapped including the wastegate dump tubes.

This pic is a little old, but you get the idea.

1E475DE6-A297-46F2-912D-583B2E7DA03C_zpsehegnv1t.jpg

thepostageman

Established Member
I only got ahold of one smaller restrictor, around .28 I believe. It was drilled out, but we tried the one and I have no issues anymore. Hopefully this helps anyone else. Thanks for the help.

robbinthehood

Established Member
sorry to derail this thread but i am having no smoke at idle but some under boost and after heavy throttle. it is a hellion single with a precision 76mm and has been flow tested as well per hellions instructions and put in a restrictor. there is oil on the down pipe and don't know what the issue is hopefully not blown seals as it was checked recently but probably going to take it to a pro soon to be checked out.

StevenStarke

Fast/Reliable/Cheap pick2
Established Member
I have some oil restrictors that fit precision turbos if anyone wants them. I think I have 4 spare ones.

Precision turbos come with the restrictors in place from precision. Hellion drop ships them from precision directly to you, so if they require restrictors, they're already in place.

Fabbed5.0

Established Member
I think that original question was implying he wanted more info, as in fitment, quality, ease of instal, etc... ;)

lol your prob right. Fitment was pretty good (DP close to the shock towers was the only concern) everything else fit up good, install wasn't bad but deff will take 2 to 3 days to get it done right and nice. Tuned just fine, no issues and its been 3-4k miles so far.

Nuar

Established Member
Thats some good info there. Thanks :)

Was the kit all stock? Or were there any upgrades? (Turbos, waste gates, blow off, or maf)

Thakidd1981

Boosted 5.0
Established Member
I just recently installed a on3 60mm twin turbo kit last week. everything fit nicely. there were a few modifications that we had to do like make custom brackets for the computer so that we could mount it under the passenger side head light and we had to modify two factory studs for the hot side manifold and put some extra washers on both motor mounts to clear space between the firewall and turbo manifold's where you would mount the turbo. We also wrapped everything including both turbo's. my car is getting tuned sometime next week. I'm hoping that I can get close to 700rwhp on that stock block on 7.5 psi, so I will see next week.

Users who are viewing this thread