TVS 2.3 Dyno numbers please post

11Sec_Lx

Established Member
I am seeing 11lbs in the cool spring air here and this is with the "Grnenvy airbox mod". Haha. I would expect to see 2+lbs more if I were running a JLT.

11Sec_Lx

Established Member
Prn1972,

Weren't you seeing 15lbs via a JLT and a 75mm? 15lbs seems about 2lbs high for that combo. Anyone... feel free to correct me. Was it ever determined as to what your failure was caused by? Was it detonation? An actual part failure due to stress/too much power?

Thanks...

prn1972

Established Member
He's limiting boost with the airbox
That's true, didn't see that, anyways hope it lasts longer than mine did.

Did you ever dyno your car with the 75mm pulley?
Yes, on a load bearing Mustang Dyno which reads very low, 606whp/521wtq, typical Dynojets read about 12-15% higher, so....that would be around 690-710whp on a Dynojet

Prn1972,

Weren't you seeing 15lbs via a JLT and a 75mm? 15lbs seems about 2lbs high for that combo. Anyone... feel free to correct me. Was it ever determined as to what your failure was caused by? Was it detonation? An actual part failure due to stress/too much power?

Thanks...
Yes 15lbs with the big air JLT & 75mm pulley(peak), verified with my boost gauge & the dyno boost gauge, boost can also be +/- depending on how VCT is setup in the tune, remember I also have the inlet on the blower port match to the VMP elbow, & a SCJ monoblade throttle body, so it will flow more air than just the standard CAI.

Still haven't pulled the motor yet, waiting on short block from MMR, which I should have any day now, I don't believe it was a lean condition, car was fine on this tune for 6k mile & I always get my gas at the same place, I believe it was just a rod that gave way & broke, which is common in these cars to have a bent rod & not know it, then they just break

Last edited:

burke985

Established Member
Heres my dyno sheet , if you look at the end of every pull i have a little dip in the power. My tuner said that it may be the air volume maxing out so that is why i bought the CAI . IM currently on the 80mm pulley and stock air box and as you can see the car got stronger with every pull. cant wait to get the CAI

20131201_102311_zps81edba67.jpg

Vert

Established Member
What size injectors are you running with 80mm.
Heres my dyno sheet , if you look at the end of every pull i have a little dip in the power. My tuner said that it may be the air volume maxing out so that is why i bought the CAI . IM currently on the 80mm pulley and stock air box and as you can see the car got stronger with every pull. cant wait to get the CAI

View attachment 13434

'14 Shelby

Established Member
608/516, but i'm not sure I believe it. I'm on the 90mm pulley and only 7.5lbs boost and the GT500 throttle body. Other mods in signature.

Also, I never hear the S/C whine or anything :(

with the setup and a major install F&*K UP its likely that it didn't hit 600. One spot on the front wasn't ground down and the belt was riding on it for about 3 months until I saw rubber shaving under the hood. So it was dynoed in late May on humid day, with the 90mm pulley and the belt rubbing. Hard to believe

Last edited:

TERMIN8U!

Just a little 281ci motor
Established Member
Well since we are also bringing up track times, feel fee to list those as well. My 5.0's bone stock besides SLP Loudmouth Axle backs, I have a GT500 but want to get the 5.0 up on power but not break the bank and trying to avoid building the engine and putting a T56 Magnum in right as this moment. I was waiting on Department of Boost to make a 5.0 manifold to accept the M122 Eaton and TVS 2.3 blowers but they are talking about late fall so my other option is the VMP TVS 2.3. I plan on running Long Tubes, ORX and either keeping the SLP AB or getting GT500 AB's. Powerwise I'd like to keep it around 550-600rwhp but really love the whine the Eaton's make. I've heard mixed things about the TVS's I've heard quite and I've heard they are loud under WOT. I'd be running the JLT CAI so hopefully that helps, with either a 85 or 82mm pulley.

Users who are viewing this thread