TVS Blower

Bulldogger

Established Member
I know that this is a roots style blower and according to everything I've read is no where near as efficient as a twin screw. My question is then why do people use it?? VMP uses it on his car and make over 700hp. It must have some type of advantage over a twin screw. Being a twin always compresses the air even in by-pass mode and the TVS doesn't compress it does this allow the TVS a chance to cool down better say on a highway cruise or at idle. What are the reason's behind some guys using it.

R1Lello

Established Member
it's not your typical old design roots, but new and much more efficient. for the street and with instant torque and hp potential it has, superb choice for our cars, will you/can you use more than that really?? especially on the street.......no. fyi, member Ted on here from Montreal has run 9.80's @140+ with his.......not good enough?? Comes on Chevs top dog ZR1 too.........say much??

Bulldogger

Established Member
it's not your typical old design roots, but new and much more efficient. for the street and with instant torque and hp potential it has, superb choice for our cars, will you/can you use more than that really?? especially on the street.......no. fyi, member Ted on here from Montreal has run 9.80's @140+ with his.......not good enough?? Comes on Chevs top dog ZR1 too.........say much??

I know it is better then the older 3 rotor, and it comes on the vet. It is very popular with new car manufacturers I think because of the more bullet proof design. Supposedly they never have any issues with reliability. I'm asking this because I am almost positive I'm going this route with VMP. Thanks

rlhay2

Established Member
What are the reason's behind some guys using it.

OEM level of reliability (100,000 mile service interval) and fitment.
Great torque production.

They max out around 650-700 rwhp!
If that is your max goal, you'll be consistently pleased.

Bulldogger

Established Member
OEM level of reliability (100,000 mile service interval) and fitment.
Great torque production.

They max out around 650-700 rwhp!
If that is your max goal, you'll be consistently pleased.

My goal is 650rwhp, don't really want to push internals. Car only has 250 miles on it.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
One of the biggest advantages is price and the ease of installation (no fitment issues). I'm actually surprised SVT didn't put it on the 2011 from the factory. I suspect it will find its way onto a future SVT.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
The tvs is a great choice it has great tq for everyday driving an tq through the whole power band.also very easy install

Rob_03Mach

Established Member
Got my TVS well before the 2.9 Whipple came out. Very happy with the TVS. Looks factory, easy to put on, cost less and me32 took the words out of my mouth, it has great torque. The blower meant all my needs and requirements. Makes pletty of power to run deep into the 10's....

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/shelby-gt500-150/736192-pb-mir-barely.html

...and get 23mpg on the highway to boot....Guess you can't tell I have a TVS....:banana:

mullens

Established Member
I don't know what year you have, but Ford doesn't sell FRPP TVS kits for the 11's. FRPP went totally Whipple for the 11's.

I went with the TVS and am totally happy. No fitment issues, no other upgrades required, just bolt on and go. Tremendous potential if you want to push the envelope.

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
TVS blowers are actually slightly more efficient than a twin screw up to 10-12PSI, after that it starts getting much more innefecient than a comparable twin screw as boost rises.
it's basically the #1 choice up to ~650-700RWHP, simply on cost and ease of installation alone.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
I don't know what year you have, but Ford doesn't sell FRPP TVS kits for the 11's. FRPP went totally Whipple for the 11's.

I went with the TVS and am totally happy. No fitment issues, no other upgrades required, just bolt on and go. Tremendous potential if you want to push the envelope.

im sure the TVS will work with the 2011 just they never made a tune for it so theres no kit

mustang loco

Established Member
Went down the TVS route also,and really like it.great torque like others have said and great potential.My car is used on the street only and these TVS are more than enough to satisfy my needs.

Users who are viewing this thread