TVS Blower

Bulldogger

Established Member
Guess the question is what do you want to do with 650rwhp? I'm at 645rwhp on a Mustang Dyno - so, around 700rwhp on Dyno Jet....you can see what I run in my signature with that.....Plus..MD03SVT has ran alot quicker with less:

07 Shelby GT500 coupe 10.47 @ 131mph Stock un-ported Blower w/2.6 - napierville dragway
10.37 @ 130mph TVS w/stock 3'' pulley E-Town
9.87 @ 140mph TVS w/2.60 pulley napierville dragway

If you want more than that then get a KB 3.6LC, 4.0 whipple or NOS....:rockon:

Only thing I'm gonna do is drive it around:D Maybe hit ATCO I'm not putting a cage in though so faster then 11.5 and they throw you out. I have a Z06 with 600rwhp and at only 3100lbs that car can be a handful. I just wanted a good safe way to make the power and figure with the added 1000lbs of the GT500 650 rwhp would be nice.

Grey03

Established Member
I recently upgraded my 2010 to the FRPP TVS package. All I can say is that it feels like a completely different car. Check buyfordracing.com for a good price. I paid $4250 delivered for the 660hp FRPP pack.

Bulldogger

Established Member
I recently upgraded my 2010 to the FRPP TVS package. All I can say is that it feels like a completely different car. Check buyfordracing.com for a good price. I paid $4250 delivered for the 660hp FRPP pack.

I checked there site seems it is listed at $4995

Grey03

Established Member
I checked there site seems it is listed at $4995

Yeah, I just went and checked their site. The $4995 is for the 07-09 kit. That kit is different (and more expensive) than the 10 kit. The 07-09 kit comes with the new cold air intake, which is not needed on the 10's as they come with a cold air stock. Also the 07-09 kits are rated at 605hp and the 10's at 660hp due to a smaller pulley on the 10 kit.

Last edited:

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member

mullens

Established Member
What was the damage?
I got mine for $4100. That's the entire kit with procal tuner.

You have to email them at the address on the site and they will give you a special price. Don't go by that listed price. I got both my TVS's and my KR's from them and they beat everyone.

Justin@VMP

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
You can get 650-700rwhp on a twin screw with no supporting mods. You'll have to bolt on everything to get that with a TVS.

In the next week I'll begin shipping the new VMP TVS for the GT500. It will come with a high flow inlet elbow and 2.5" pulley. If you bolt it onto a totally stock car with just a CAI and tune, it will make 620-630RWHP. If you have a throttle body, it will make around 650rwhp, with better exhaust you can end up near 700 at the wheels, with torque almost as high as the HP. I'm sure some guys will make over 700 with race gas tunes.

If you want more, swap on a lower pulley and upgrade the fuel system with pumps and/or injectors.

The blower will be priced at $3499 with 2.5in pulley and high flow elbow.

Some benefits of the TVS include OEM Eaton reliability, stock like fitment (blower swap can be done in 1-2hrs), and lots of low end TQ.

I will also offer complete packages with tunes for 10-11, and tune + CAI for 07-09, along with some TB and fuel system upgrades. The current overdrive dampers out for the GT500 are expensive because of the technology they use. I am looking into making an OE style overdrive damper to get the cost down.

vmp2.5bare.jpg

My own GT500 made 748rwhp (winter) with a TVS and stock cams, and 773rwhp with cams (summer temps). When I run it with the new VMP TVS in these cool temps we are having now in FL, I expect it to make 800 to the wheels.

myGT500cams773.jpg

The TVS is capable of making enough power to push the stock block near its limit, unless you plan to upgrade the motor I don't see a reason to need a larger blower.

Greg@SVTOA

A.K.A Greg@GLD
Established Member
In the next week I'll begin shipping the new VMP TVS for the GT500. It will come with a high flow inlet elbow and 2.5" pulley. If you bolt it onto a totally stock car with just a CAI and tune, it will make 620-630RWHP. If you have a throttle body, it will make around 650rwhp, with better exhaust you can end up near 700 at the wheels, with torque almost as high as the HP. I'm sure some guys will make over 700 with race gas tunes.

If you want more, swap on a lower pulley and upgrade the fuel system with pumps and/or injectors.

Some benefits of the TVS include OEM Eaton reliability, stock like fitment (blower swap can be done in 1-2hrs), and lots of low end TQ.

I will also offer complete packages with tunes for 10-11, and tune + CAI for 07-09, along with some TB and fuel system upgrades. The current overdrive dampers out for the GT500 are expensive because of the technology they use. I am looking into making an OE style overdrive damper to get the cost down.

vmp2.5bare.jpg

My own GT500 made 748rwhp (winter) with a TVS and stock cams, and 773rwhp with cams (summer temps). When I run it with the new VMP TVS in these cool temps we are having now in FL, I expect it to make 800 to the wheels.

myGT500cams773.jpg

The TVS is capable of making enough power to push the stock block near its limit, unless you plan to upgrade the motor I don't see a reason to need a larger blower.

Justin, it was hard not to "spill the beans" about this! Thanks for the inside info beforehand. Keep me posted!

To anyone that has never worked with Justin, you will not find better customer service ANYWHERE. PERIOD!!! :rockon:

UnleashedBeast

Engine Lubrication Guru
Established Member
Can't wait to get mine, and the time is almost here.

Justin,

What throttle body do you recommend for use with this blower?

Should we use your 67MM or the larger 72MM?

What are the pros and cons of each choice?

Thanks,

Troy

Blackmax

Established Member
I guess it is a bit of a toss up, I got my 2.9 Whipple for $4800 including the 123 intake system and 72lb. fuel injectors. At the time the T.V.S. alone was like $4400.00. The I.W. lower pulley was about $700.00 plus I had to get it installed. Buy hey, congrats on you guys getting these awesome Christmas presents.

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member

vmp2.5bare.jpg

myGT500cams773.jpg

very interesting.

Justin@VMP

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Can't wait to get mine, and the time is almost here.

Justin,

What throttle body do you recommend for use with this blower?

Should we use your 67MM or the larger 72MM?

What are the pros and cons of each choice?

Thanks,

Troy

The elbow on the blower will be set up to take both, but, it all depends on your HP goals. 65-67 is fine for less than 680rwhp, 72 would be good for 700+

5spd07gt

BaggedCobra
Established Member
I've currently got just the basic TVS setup. Trying to figure out whats the best bang for my buck to add onto it before I take it to my tuner. I'm getting a JLT CF CAI for sure but other than that I'm up in the air. TB, high flow elbow? or nothing.

overtime

Established Member

vmp2.5bare.jpg

myGT500cams773.jpg

Is this the same TVS 2300 as the Ford Racing, but now has the VMP labeling instead of the Ford Racing labeling or, or these rebuilt Ford Racing TVS 2300's with new rotorpaks. Just curious because the price is very enticing.

Thanks
overtime

mullens

Established Member
I've currently got just the basic TVS setup. Trying to figure out whats the best bang for my buck to add onto it before I take it to my tuner. I'm getting a JLT CF CAI for sure but other than that I'm up in the air. TB, high flow elbow? or nothing.
A throttle body is the obvious choice. A TB will add between 20-30hp depending on which one you get and if you're doing any more mods like a pulley. The rule of thumb is the more air you flow, the more benefit you will get out of a TB. You have to weigh that against the price, which is $500 or more. It's pretty hard to tell 25hp on a 600hp car, so it may or may not be worth it to you. The polished TB's do look good though.

5spd07gt

BaggedCobra
Established Member
A throttle body is the obvious choice. A TB will add between 20-30hp depending on which one you get and if you're doing any more mods like a pulley. The rule of thumb is the more air you flow, the more benefit you will get out of a TB. You have to weigh that against the price, which is $500 or more. It's pretty hard to tell 25hp on a 600hp car, so it may or may not be worth it to you. The polished TB's do look good though.

thanks. I guess I need to decide if 25hp is worth $500. I may just go with an highflow elbow, jlt cai. If I did get a TB I'd want black. Not really into all that bling :beer:

mullens

Established Member
thanks. I guess I need to decide if 25hp is worth $500. I may just go with an highflow elbow, jlt cai. If I did get a TB I'd want black. Not really into all that bling :beer:
I have the same TVS set-up and I'm very happy with the stock TB and stock pulley. Zero issues and runs like a bear. What year do you have?

Users who are viewing this thread