TVS Blower

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
Where were these guys before? lol When I was going to buy a TVS I was told that it was a waste of money and to jump up to the 2.9 or 2.8. Now I'm hearing the TVS is the greatest thing since sliced bread. :shrug:

Have faith brother and enjoy the view from atop the mountain.

IMG_7316.jpg

I think I could fit a TVS inside there...:lol1:

Last edited:

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
Is this the same TVS 2300 as the Ford Racing, but now has the VMP labeling instead of the Ford Racing labeling or, or these rebuilt Ford Racing TVS 2300's with new rotorpaks. Just curious because the price is very enticing.

Thanks
overtime
all TVS superchargers are essentially identical, from FRPP to roush, audi S4(B8) to corvette ZR1. any differences should be relatively minor.

Justin@VMP

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
The VMP TVS uses the same Eaton 2300 rotorpack that has been proven to be ultra reliable in everything from the ZR1 to 1000HP big block Chevys. I have made 773RWHP on my personal GT500 with the TVS.

Eaton TVS technology is used by all the big 3 and many in the GM aftermarket like Kenny Duttweiler, and had made 1000HP in some of those applications. Roush, Harrop, and Magnuson use the TVS extensively in blower kits.

We have seen the TVS begin to emerge for many Ford applications. First was the FRPP GT500 TVS blower, then the Roush P51 blower, along with offerings from Edelbrock.

The VMP GT500 TVS blower is the first of many blowers that I will be offering. My GT500 TVS is built to a spec that is different than previous generation FRPP units. We machine down the snout for a smaller pulley and do a minor CNC port job on the inlet to match up with our high flow elbow. This results in performance that is on par with twin screws. While based on similar tooling to the FRPP TVS unit, they are not reworked and rebadged, but rather manufactured specifically for me (VMP):

VMPTVS2300Assembly004.jpg

VMPTVS2300Assembly011.jpg

VMPTVS2300Assembly005.jpg

VMPTVS2300Assembly006.jpg

Last edited:

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
Looks nice do we have pics of the slight porting that's port match to the Plenum

zporta

KB INSIDE
Established Member
Now is the current price a sale price or is it your normal price? I am in the market for one but not till the summer time.

overtime

Established Member
The VMP TVS uses the same Eaton 2300 rotorpack that has been proven to be ultra reliable in everything from the ZR1 to 1000HP big block Chevys. I have made 773RWHP on my personal GT500 with the TVS.

Eaton TVS technology is used by all the big 3 and many in the GM aftermarket like Kenny Duttweiler, and had made 1000HP in some of those applications. Roush, Harrop, and Magnuson use the TVS extensively in blower kits.

We have seen the TVS begin to emerge for many Ford applications. First was the FRPP GT500 TVS blower, then the Roush P51 blower, along with offerings from Edelbrock.

The VMP GT500 TVS blower is the first of many blowers that I will be offering. My GT500 TVS is built to a spec that is different than previous generation FRPP units. We machine down the snout for a smaller pulley and do a minor CNC port job on the inlet to match up with our high flow elbow. This results in performance that is on par with twin screws. While based on similar tooling to the FRPP TVS unit, they are not reworked and rebadged, but rather manufactured specifically for me (VMP):

VMPTVS2300Assembly004.jpg

VMPTVS2300Assembly011.jpg

VMPTVS2300Assembly005.jpg

VMPTVS2300Assembly006.jpg

Thanks, Justin for the explanation. I wasn't aware that Eaton would allow suppliers to make their own changes / improvements to their TVS. Steve

Seahorse

Established Member
Got mine ordered, can't wait! :pepper: ...plus, mechanically challenged that I am *L*, I'll feel a lot more comfortable doing a TVS install than a Whipple.

Justin@VMP

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Pricing should remain the same as long as costs don't go up for me. I will know for sure when these sell out and i order the next batch.

MD03SVT

Established Member
After talking with Justin at PRI I will replace my 2.9 with his TVS in the spring.It will be a good comparison as all I will do is remove the 2.9 + drop on the TVS all other mods will remain the same.

ZROTOWTF

Established Member
You can get 650-700rwhp on a twin screw with no supporting mods. You'll have to bolt on everything to get that with a TVS.

654/648 with just a TVS on my 2011 SVTPP (3.73s) and no other bolt ons. Justin at VMP did another car 5 days before mine and got similar (few HP/TQ more) results, also all stock besides TVS. So I kind of agree with what you said but if you changed it to 670-700, might be more accurate. For the price, you cant compare TS to TVS (at least not to what VMP is offering them for) because the TVS with his 2.50 pulley and ported elbow that comes with his package for only 3499 is a lot cheaper than any TS alternative I could find. My car made a hair over 17 PSI.

Justin@VMP

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Throttle body + exhaust on ZROTOWTF's car will put it right up to the edge of 700rwhp, maybe over it once the car gets a few break in miles.

BLK93GT

Established Member
After talking with Justin at PRI I will replace my 2.9 with his TVS in the spring.It will be a good comparison as all I will do is remove the 2.9 + drop on the TVS all other mods will remain the same.

No kidding, I'll be interested to see the results. See you at the track in the spring Ted. I think Paul might get one of these for his '07 as well.

dirtyo2000

DirtyO2000
Established Member
If boost levels are kept the same the results will be worth reading. Basically your going to take your car in, do a dyno pull and just swap and do it again. I really would like to see the results since it seems for some reason the TVS is out performing the TS pretty much in the TQ dept and only lacking about 15-35hp. Waiting for the results and specially looking at the boost level. See if you can get the IAT temps and this will be an awesome comparison for those looking to get a blower

Users who are viewing this thread