TVS Blower

MD03SVT

Established Member
I had a TVS on my 07GT500 and went 10.37 1st time out at E-Town in the fall of 2008 running the stock pulley + inlet TB @ 12.5psi then switched to a smaller pulley and VMP inlet (15.5psi) for the 2009 season and went a best of 9.87 @140mph in great air.I now have a 2010 GT500 and in september went with a 2.9 @17psi and ran a best of 10.25 @ 138mph.I only mad 2 passes that day (10.28 slowest) and was not been able to return to the track before closing for the winter.In my opinion the TVS is a better choice for someone wanting the best all around performance going no higher than 16psi.It is much more reponsive (expecially with a VMP inlet and Monoblade TB)than my 2.9 which also has the Monoblade.

Bulldogger

Established Member
I had a TVS on my 07GT500 and went 10.37 1st time out at E-Town in the fall of 2008 running the stock pulley + inlet TB @ 12.5psi then switched to a smaller pulley and VMP inlet (15.5psi) for the 2009 season and went a best of 9.87 @140mph in great air.I now have a 2010 GT500 and in september went with a 2.9 @17psi and ran a best of 10.25 @ 138mph.I only mad 2 passes that day (10.28 slowest) and was not been able to return to the track before closing for the winter.In my opinion the TVS is a better choice for someone wanting the best all around performance going no higher than 16psi.It is much more reponsive (expecially with a VMP inlet and Monoblade TB)than my 2.9 which also has the Monoblade.

Thank you very much. It is very hard to decide which is best, because people tend to like what they have. But actual experience with both units is priceless:banana:. I was doing as much research as possible using Dyno graphs and MAP readings. It did seem at 15lbs boost the TVS was actually more efficient. Thanks TVS will be my choice. Thanks again for posting.

Blackmax

Established Member

So why would you switch to a 2.9 ?

chimazo

Established Member
One thing I've noticed, at least anecdotally, is that the TVS cars seem to mph just as high as cars with twin screws pushing higher HP #'s (but not higher TQ). Not sure if it is, indeed, because of the TVS's ability to pump out major torque, which helps get our heavy cars moving.

MD03SVT

Established Member
So why would you switch to a 2.9 ?

Sold the 07 GT500 and wanted to try something different with the 2010.By the mph and the fact that the 2010 is heavier I know the 2.9 is making more power and will play with it in the spring shooting for a 9.xx pass but if I could pick up a TVS I would sure like to see what it would do in this car.

redsap05

Established Member
One thing I've noticed, at least anecdotally, is that the TVS cars seem to mph just as high as cars with twin screws pushing higher HP #'s (but not higher TQ). Not sure if it is, indeed, because of the TVS's ability to pump out major torque, which helps get our heavy cars moving.

^^^What he said.:rockon:

Also the fastest 2010 camaro is in the 8's @ 160mph and is runing a tvs2300. In a full weight 4000lb camaro.

Greg@SVTOA

A.K.A Greg@GLD
Established Member

A buck-thirty traps here with stock lower, no porting, 93-octane tune, stock 3.55's, no headers, thru the cats. 24 MPG highway.

TVS :rockon:

Blackmax

Established Member
Where were these guys before? lol When I was going to buy a TVS I was told that it was a waste of money and to jump up to the 2.9 or 2.8. Now I'm hearing the TVS is the greatest thing since sliced bread. :shrug:

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
Where were these guys before? lol When I was going to buy a TVS I was told that it was a waste of money and to jump up to the 2.9 or 2.8. Now I'm hearing the TVS is the greatest thing since sliced bread. :shrug:
well it depends what your after. over 700RWHP, i would say twin screw, below 700 - TVS.

Blazeone

Established Member
You can get 650-700rwhp on a twin screw with no supporting mods. You'll have to bolt on everything to get that with a TVS.

Bulldogger

Established Member

I hear ya, this is why I posted the question before dropping the coin. I was 95% set on the TVS before, but I also knew I only wanted around 650RWHP

Rob_03Mach

Established Member
I hear ya, this is why I posted the question before dropping the coin. I was 95% set on the TVS before, but I also knew I only wanted around 650RWHP

Guess the question is what do you want to do with 650rwhp? I'm at 645rwhp on a Mustang Dyno - so, around 700rwhp on Dyno Jet....you can see what I run in my signature with that.....Plus..MD03SVT has ran alot quicker with less:

07 Shelby GT500 coupe 10.47 @ 131mph Stock un-ported Blower w/2.6 - napierville dragway
10.37 @ 130mph TVS w/stock 3'' pulley E-Town
9.87 @ 140mph TVS w/2.60 pulley napierville dragway

If you want more than that then get a KB 3.6LC, 4.0 whipple or NOS....:rockon:

Blackmax

Established Member
You can get 650-700rwhp on a twin screw with no supporting mods. You'll have to bolt on everything to get that with a TVS.

Thats the way I was thinking, I figured I would run cooler and wouldn't need lower pulleys etc. Personaly I feel the lower pulley is way overpriced.

UnleashedBeast

Engine Lubrication Guru
Established Member
Justin @ VMP is claiming 16-17 lbs. of boost from his TVS setup with a 2.5" pulley, and says no lower pulley swap required to do it. Stock engine and his TVS (2.5" pulley) he rates at 630-675 depending on exhaust and TB setup. Assuming this....

With lower pulley, TB, and exhaust upgrades....then you can hit, or exceed 700 HP. His car required lower pulley, TB, Longtube headers and high flow cats to achieve 700+

Looks like you would come out just as well to buy the twin screw and call it a day. Although, I like his tunes and knowledge, so I would probably go with his TVS kit and upgrade anything else required if more power was desired.

Users who are viewing this thread