TVS Build

Iamchris

Shakey Snake
Established Member
He was running 465 pumps, thats a lot more lph going through the rails then what you and I have with our AEM pumps.
Are the 465's too large? Someone else mentioned that me, said to go with 340's. I asked Malcolm about it but havent heard back yet.

cj428mach

Established Member
465s maybe a bit much if you're running stock rails in a standard return setup. You re asking for a lot of fuel to return through the frps hole.

465s run on stock rails in a dead head setup should be just fine.

MG0h3

Established Member
fwiw I run 465s deadhead on stock rails with no issues. I’m a one and done type guy and didn’t want to have to redo anything.

When I have the blower off someday I’ll replace the rails but I’ll still stay deadhead most likely.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

bigmoose

Established Member
I run AEM 320e pumps deadhead with stock rails. 8an feed/return.

I made 650whp on e85 and my delta fuel pressure is rock solid at 43psi on all my datalogs.

I believe these pumps should be able to support a fair amount more hp. I questioned the need for 465s when doing my system. I knew I was never going to shoot for 750+ so I went this route.

Iamchris

Shakey Snake
Established Member
I run AEM 320e pumps deadhead with stock rails. 8an feed/return.

I made 650whp on e85 and my delta fuel pressure is rock solid at 43psi on all my datalogs.

I believe these pumps should be able to support a fair amount more hp. I questioned the need for 465s when doing my system. I knew I was never going to shoot for 750+ so I went this route.
I dont plan to go over 700ish. Pete from Performance Dyno suggested the 340's, i may try going that way if it is going to keep heat lower. I want enough fuel, but I'm not concerned with making 900hp either.

Iamchris

Shakey Snake
Established Member
465s maybe a bit much if you're running stock rails in a standard return setup. You re asking for a lot of fuel to return through the frps hole.

465s run on stock rails in a dead head setup should be just fine.
I am intending to get aftermarket rails. It wasnt part of the plan but Malcolm was suggesting the L2 fore kit for me, which includes the rails. I am just still iffy on the 465. It seems like the larger pump would be pushing out more fuel than I need and only giving more heat in return... that is assuming the pump itself is generating heat, which I thought I read they did.

MalcolmV8

Established Member

03' White Snake

Established Member
I run 2 465 pumps, -10 feed, -8 return, division x hat, SS filter and rails with Magnafuel regulator with no issues. I designed my own system and ran it the way I wanted. I do run a dead head setup. I wanted to do it once and do it right, my setup is built to handle 1400 hp. 1 465 pump handles 750 hp. My car makes 700 on corn and 1 pump is enough to support it, (burned up a few relays so was running on 1 pump until I upgraded the wiring) but I prefer 2 pumps for safety. I will be turning it up with my new build that is underway.

03' White Snake

Established Member
And 1 more thing, don't cheap out on the line, buy PTFE lined fuel line so you don't get fuel smell in the garage. I only smell it with 93, I don't smell it on corn which is most of the time. Just be aware of this issue.

Iamchris

Shakey Snake
Established Member
Good info, thanks. I think I am going with the l2 Fore system with 465's on a HOBS switch. That should be PTFE lines...

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Can a person run a smaller fuel pump like the 320e and if running out of fuel upgrade to even bigger injectors and lower the base fuel pressure?

Sent from my [device_name] using the svtperformance.com mobile app

MG0h3

Established Member
Good info, thanks. I think I am going with the l2 Fore system with 465's on a HOBS switch. That should be PTFE lines...
Its an option if I remember correctly and if you order through Malcolm thats what you'll get.

MG0h3

Established Member
Can a person run a smaller fuel pump like the 320e and if running out of fuel upgrade to even bigger injectors and lower the base fuel pressure?

Sent from my [device_name] using the svtperformance.com mobile app

fuel-pump-aem-501000-501200-chart2.jpg

Appears that flow does increase as pressure drops.

MalcolmV8

Established Member
1 465 pump handles 750 hp. My car makes 700 on corn and 1 pump is enough to support it

I think that's been overly generous on the pumps. Fore rates the dual 465 kits at 1200 hp (600 hp per pump) and I'd say that's right on par. Several years ago when I was doing a lot of testing on my Lean Protection Module my car was right at 700 whp with the nitrous and meth turned off. The car didn't even come close to holding itself over on a single 465. It could handle WOT in 1st, 2nd, and then about halfway into 3rd gear the car would go lean and my Lean Protection Module would shut the car down. So probably around the 600ish whp area. I never tested a single pump on the dyno to give an exact number but I do know for sure it took both pumps to do the 700 on the dyno. That's on E85 btw.

03' White Snake

Established Member
I think that's been overly generous on the pumps. Fore rates the dual 465 kits at 1200 hp (600 hp per pump) and I'd say that's right on par. Several years ago when I was doing a lot of testing on my Lean Protection Module my car was right at 700 whp with the nitrous and meth turned off. The car didn't even come close to holding itself over on a single 465. It could handle WOT in 1st, 2nd, and then about halfway into 3rd gear the car would go lean and my Lean Protection Module would shut the car down. So probably around the 600ish whp area. I never tested a single pump on the dyno to give an exact number but I do know for sure it took both pumps to do the 700 on the dyno. That's on E85 btw.

I'd buy that. I'm also on e85. I've never made any full hits on 1 465 pump, but definitely a few gears and it was fine on my wide band.

Anyway, 2 465 pumps will handle what most ppl will ever make for power.

Iamchris

Shakey Snake
Established Member
I'm going with the 465's. I need to get the fuel system on order but I have been swamped at work the past few days. Probably this weekend. I have almost everything else. I think I need a few small things and I need to also call D&D about the input shaft.
Now to see if I can get it installed before leaving for a deployment.

BigBeez03

MASH PAST >
Established Member
Do you have link for a good vendor for the Fore Fuel Systems?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread