TVS guys running "stock" calibration

corruptor

Established Member
For you guys that installed base TVS kits (i.e., Roush, Edelbrock, Magnusen, etc). did you have problems with the base tune that comes with the kit?

My car put down 388whp SAE stock, and after the Edelbrock TVS with their base tune put down only 410whp SAE. Did you have similar issues and had to contact the manufacturer for revised "base" tuning files?

RusWolf

Established Member
For you guys that installed base TVS kits (i.e., Roush, Edelbrock, Magnusen, etc). did you have problems with the base tune that comes with the kit?

My car put down 388whp SAE stock, and after the Edelbrock TVS with their base tune put down only 410whp SAE. Did you have similar issues and had to contact the manufacturer for revised "base" tuning files?

At some point my car made 436 on paxton kit crappy stock tune...In my experience stock tunes do not work for everyone and they suck in general.
I've heard that Roush tunes are more refined than others since they just have more resources i guess...

Since you are in SF bay area why don't you drive few hours to AED and get tuned there, but before you go just make sure your car does not have any vacuum leaks or any other hardware issues.

SILV03MustangGT

Han Brolo CDR 5.Broliance
Established Member

My initial tune left me disappointed in going with the Roush TVS. After letting Shaun@AED work his magic it was a new beast. I would definitely hit him up!

corruptor

Established Member
I don't really want to get a custom tune yet. Want to get used to the car and run a conservative tune before I risk running an aggressive tune and need an Aluminator (which I don't have funds for).

The car's at TPS Motorsports which was recommended for a local bay area shop. So far, they've been really good with keeping me updated. Hopefully it's not a problem with the blower and is just a crap tune file that Edelbrock can fix.

corruptor

Established Member
All fixed - previous owner installed the injectors wrong on the blower (I bought it used).

Put down 480whp on base Edelbrock tune and stock air box :)

corruptor

Established Member
Thanks for the heads up. I plan on posting the dyno sheets for help interpreting it, since I will have no idea how to read them.

try03venom

Established Member
All fixed - previous owner installed the injectors wrong on the blower (I bought it used).

Put down 480whp on base Edelbrock tune and stock air box :)

I'm the previous owner and I call B.S. I rather suspect dumb ass whos doing the install for you forgot something.

grnenvy

Established Member
If u want a safe but powerful tune call Justin at VMP tuning. He's real good at getting the trans to shift and perform the way it should. Getting the auto trans dialed in is worth a ton of performance.

try03venom

Established Member
If u want a safe but powerful tune call Justin at VMP tuning. He's real good at getting the trans to shift and perform the way it should. Getting the auto trans dialed in is worth a ton of performance.

Justin wont touch the Eforce.....Brenspeed has it dialed in

SILV03MustangGT

Han Brolo CDR 5.Broliance
Established Member
I'm the previous owner and I call B.S. I rather suspect dumb ass whos doing the install for you forgot something.

sounds about right, Im pretty sure its impossible to install the injectors wrong. I would think that the big clue that they were upside down would make hooking up the electronics impossible. Maybe they forgot to hook the belt up to the blower itself lol.

92hatchlx

Colorado Rocky Mountain High
Established Member
Depending on the injector, the extensions can be installed on the incorrect end of the injector i.e. ID1000s.

Users who are viewing this thread