Twin Turbo 5.0 Build

Need4Speed03

Established Member
Much has been made about the "ghost cam" tune from Lund and how some think it's "ricey" because it provides no performance benefit.

Yet, unless my ears deceive me, your car has a strong lope. Sounds really awesome, in my opinion -- not too much, and not too little. That's your car and not another in the background making that sound, right? What's the performance reason for it?

I was at the track last night and watched this car run. The car idles like a stocker...your hearing the other cars in the backround...you can barely hear this car running! The car is completely a work of art! I spent some time talking to the crew to...great bunch of guys!

Van@RevanRacing

Just got done getting the video together. Overall I'm very happy with the night. Unfortunately the track was down a long time from an oil down.

This time out the only change is MS109 Race gas. We also had ice in the tank for every pass.

First pass on 8psi, got a very good launch considering we have the stock converter but at maybe the 1000 ft I felt like I was getting loose and pedaled it. A few people behind me had the same problem and that is what they were cleaning up for over an hour.

That pass:
6.85@107
10.58@129

Next pass was similar but I had no issues and stayed in the whole time
6.86@106
[email protected]

Then we decided to up the boost to 10 psi

First pass on 10 psi I didn't get it to leave well, so I hot lapped it for the last pass of the night. still not a great 60' but I can only do so much with this stock converter.

6.79@108
[email protected]

We are extremely pleased with where we ended up. Especially in such a short time. There is so much potential left here. Our intent was to show a worse case scenario with a bone stock car plus this twin system. But it turns out it's a pretty sick setup as is. I think with further tuning on cam timing and some other things I can get it to go much quicker with the stock converter but we are going to move ahead and put the Circle D converter in.

I'm headed out of town till the new year and Jake is an expecting Dad on Jan 1 so we will probably pick this back up sometime in the middle of January.

Here's the video of those 3 passes

[youtube_browser]13yVmeaHjCI[/youtube_browser]

Well done Ken, Jake and Jon. Next time I'm going to order the big fish taco's!!!

cidsamuth

Liberty Biberty
Established Member
I think you might be hearing a different car. This car is so quiet you can usually hear the car in the other lane better than this one.

I was at the track last night and watched this car run. The car idles like a stocker...your hearing the other cars in the backround...you can barely hear this car running! The car is completely a work of art! I spent some time talking to the crew to...great bunch of guys!

Thanks. Kind of disappointed, actually :bored:

The performance and look in the engine bay is great, though.

KenB

Established Member

Good to meet you, thanks for coming out!

KenB

Established Member
Thanks. Kind of disappointed, actually :bored:

You can always make a car louder. But it's hard to make a car this quiet with this performance. So if you wanted a car like this louder you could put a catback on it and play with the cams. Just not what we prefer. But anything is possible.

StevenStarke

Fast/Reliable/Cheap pick2
Established Member
What exhaust is on it again?

What turbos are they again?

I'm SUPER impressed, car is flying man!!

KenB

Established Member
What exhaust is on it again?

What turbos are they again?

I'm SUPER impressed, car is flying man!!

Has 3" downpipes that end exactly where the stock headers did with same flange etc. So it will accept any exhaust made for the 5.0.

This car has an off the shelf Lethal 3" X pipe and stock catback. :rockon:

Turbos are Magnum 60's Journal bearing

Thanks for the props. Can't wait until we dial it in, not even close to it's potential. I could go back with the car as is and I think pick up another .2 at least with tuning. But we want to put the Circle D converter in it now and keep moving forward with the project.

twistedneck

Established Member
Along with larger turbo's say 76mm (ala underground racing $60,000 kits)..

do we need a larger throttle body and new intake? something like the new cobra jet intake with twin 65mm butterflies. If we port the crap out of the heads and still want to use high rpm with a turbo is there anything else we'll need? thinking cams here.

Since you interface with the stock exhaust locations do you have full headers in this kit also?

KenB

Established Member
Along with larger turbo's say 76mm (ala underground racing $60,000 kits)..

do we need a larger throttle body and new intake? something like the new cobra jet intake with twin 65mm butterflies. If we port the crap out of the heads and still want to use high rpm with a turbo is there anything else we'll need? thinking cams here.

Since you interface with the stock exhaust locations do you have full headers in this kit also?

Well for huge power a throttle body and intake would probably be a good idea. I I really don't see 76s going on as the next size going up in turbos will support 1400+. That would be with 66mm.

Cams would do be a good idea are that point also. We will eventually be taking this car that far. The kit has custom manifolds and for big power we will probably just put cutouts on that we can open at any time.

Last edited:

KenB

Established Member
Hope everyone is having a good holiday. For those that missed it, we have started and email list for those interested in purchasing this kit if we release it. For those not signed up yet, please do so now.

Starting tomrrow I will be sending out a small questionaire/survey to those interested to gauge interest so we can start making decisions. The more potential customers we have, the bigger chance this has at being released.

The best way to make this kit affordable is to produce many kits at a time. We are willing to do that if we have the demand.

So please sign up for the email list here:

Twin Turbo Coyote 5.0 Email List

and expect the first email to go out tomorrow.

Thanks!

Ken

Teej281

Established Member
What if we do not have a coyote yet, but are planning to over the next year and a half or so? And would want this kit when we get the car?

KenB

Established Member
What if we do not have a coyote yet, but are planning to over the next year and a half or so? And would want this kit when we get the car?

You should sign up. I'm just looking for feedback directly from potential customers. What better way to create a kit that people like and want than to ask the people who would buy it. :)

Big Ben

stangsofsouthflorida.com
Established Member
Signed up! Close friend with Frank Perdomo over there and know Jake pretty well. This sounds like the perfect power adder for a daily as the boost comes on at 3000 making it quiet and street able. I have an auto also.

twistedneck

Established Member
Well for huge power a throttle body and intake would probably be a good idea. I I really don't see 76s going on as the next size going up in turbos will support 1400+. That would be with 66mm.

Cams would do be a good idea are that point also. We will eventually be taking this car that far. The kit has custom manifolds and for big power we will probably just put cutouts on that we can open at any time.

66mm :rockon:

I assume at that point we'll need a return style fuel system.. hell one could be used for your std kit!

Can't wait to see details and options..

KenB

Established Member
66mm :rockon:

I assume at that point we'll need a return style fuel system.. hell one could be used for your std kit!

Can't wait to see details and options..

Exactly. But let me make that point a different way.

These turbos will support 1200+ hp.

For most people, there will never be a need to upgrade one piece on this kit.

What other power adder kit can go on a stock car and perform like this, then be turned up to over 1000 without needing to spend any more money on the kit itself?

Of course you will need a stronger engine and fuel system, but you shouldn't have to touch the turbo kit or even change turbos to make more power than most people want or need. At least that is what we are after. We are taking this car to the limit over time to actually prove it.

The only change I see us making to max out these turbos is doing something about the exhaust. Right now it's cool that's it's through the stock catback, but eventually that will be a restriction. I like the idea of electric cutouts that I can open up only when I need them.

FIRESUIT FRANK

Established Member
I vote for a set of 3 inch electric cutouts.... hp and exhaust/turbo note on demand....

Oh and Big Ben needs this setup....

Users who are viewing this thread