Twin Turbo 5.0 Build

KenB

Established Member
Torque converter is on the way. Going to take it back to the track one more time on the stock converter weather permitting on Wednesday

Big Ben

stangsofsouthflorida.com
Established Member
It's going to be nice and COLD, I will say that is very weather permitting! Maybe I will take a ride up and join you.

KenB

Established Member
HUGE UPDATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Had to share

Got the car back on the dyno today since I was off work. Wanted to get it ready to try for a 9 on the stock converter. We knew the stock catback would be a restriction but didn't think it would be as much as it was! So we pulled off the catback after the x pipe and...

On 13 psi we just made 791 rwhp and 675 rwtq with some tuning left to smooth it all out. We were floored by the performance of this system to start but now the 3 of us are just speechless at this point. Later tonight I'll post a video and dyno graph.

Last edited:

KenB

Established Member
That is good to hear Ken. I know everything is still being test, which is why I never brought it up :)

Yeah, the idea was to test the turbo setup 100% with no help from other parts then go from there. Looks like the stock catback is good for 8 psi or so. LOL

KenB

Established Member
Here's the video

I need to adjust the gain on the boost controller and some more cam timing to smooth it out, but it should roll out Wednesday.

[youtube_browser]GkSlVg1uk9w[/youtube_browser]

Van@RevanRacing

Here's the video

I need to adjust the gain on the boost controller and some more cam timing to smooth it out, but it should roll out Wednesday.

[youtube_browser]GkSlVg1uk9w[/youtube_browser]

Ken with the HOLY SH!T Fist raise after the pull...............

I spoke with Jon tonight and he was pumped. Congrats bro! Awesome work! Cheers to the boys! :beer:

Last edited:

92hatchlx

Colorado Rocky Mountain High
Established Member
Did you turn up the boost or just remove the xpipe, or both? Nothing was mentioned on how you obtained 13 psi.

KenB

Established Member
Thanks guys

Jake just did a pull at 10 psi before he took it off the dyno this morning. Made 715 rwhp and 634 rwtq. Should be pretty quick tomorrow. :)

Users who are viewing this thread