Twin Turbo AWD Saleen S7 - dyno run

MGC

Established Member
Glad to see a little action from this car! I would be scared as hell to hit boost in that!! Must feel something like time travel

Saleen405

Established Member
Im willing to bet if that bitch had wings, it would ****in fly.

I read somewhere a long time ago that theoretically if you were to flip the road upside down, that the S7 creates so much down force it would stick to the road.

I also once heard that unicorns and mermaids existed, unfortunately, they were all ground up and turned into an engine to power this car.

"But Saleen happily declares that the S7 is the most aerodynamically efficient street car ever built. For the S7's early development, his team spent two months testing in Scotland at the University of Glasgow's wind tunnel. He says the S7 body makes so much downforce that the car can drive upside down in a tunnel at any speed above 160 mph. Yet, he adds, the shape is slippery enough that the car can reach redline in sixth gear, which works out to 223 mph, although that's a figure we did not confirm on the track."

Full article:
Saleen S7 - Road Test - Car Reviews - Car and Driver

coposrv

Established Member
This car is like a bag of knives disguised as hammers and wrapped in carbon fiber.

earico

It's 4:20 somewhere...
Established Member
Dayum!!!

Been wondering when this car was going to be fully operational.

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
Once it starts? I spotted a yellow one over a year ago

I didn't say "on the streets," I said "on the street scene"; as in some owners getting out there and racing them on the streets.

+1. The Venom will be fast, but a UGR G just went 217mph in 1/2 mile. That is out of this world fast.

Indeed. But in the video of the Venom doing its 265MPH 2 mile run, it was doing 236 at the 1 mile mark. I can't do the math in my head right now, but I'm pretty sure that would have it moving faster than 217 at the 1/2 mile mark. At those speeds, you're covering ground extremely fast, and for it to still be able to lay down a 236 by the time the 1 mile mark came up, it had to have been doing probably 225+ by the 1/2 mile mark. I could be wrong.

edit:
And their Ford GT is even faster. It did 257 in 1 mile.

Last edited:

leenstang

Low and Slow
Established Member
rickybobby.jpg

Car is nasty !!!

nidyanazo

///AMG &Ducati aficionado
Established Member
This is honestly the best street car in the world. Ever.

I've been following it since they first started. I cant ****ing wait to see this thing in action.
I hope they run 4 huge drag radials on it. Or 4 slicks. :)

90goldtsiawd

here 4 da laffs & cruelty
Established Member
I didn't say "on the streets," I said "on the street scene"; as in some owners getting out there and racing them on the streets.

Indeed. But in the video of the Venom doing its 265MPH 2 mile run, it was doing 236 at the 1 mile mark. I can't do the math in my head right now, but I'm pretty sure that would have it moving faster than 217 at the 1/2 mile mark. At those speeds, you're covering ground extremely fast, and for it to still be able to lay down a 236 by the time the 1 mile mark came up, it had to have been doing probably 225+ by the 1/2 mile mark. I could be wrong.

edit:

No. UGR just set the 1/2 mile record at 217mph which the standing mile record holding Ford GT hasn't gone as fast in yet and that car went 267mph in the mile. The Venom is not even close.

Last edited:

DirtyD916

SVT Based God
Established Member

edit:

236mph in the 1 mile would not make it faster at the 1/2. Do you have video showing this is what the Venom ran? I would be curious to check this out!

If I recall correctly the Ford GT that ran 257mph in the mile hit 204mph in the 1/2.

90goldtsiawd

here 4 da laffs & cruelty
Established Member
236mph in the 1 mile would not make it faster at the 1/2. Do you have video showing this is what the Venom ran? I would be curious to check this out!

If I recall correctly the Ford GT that ran 257mph in the mile hit 204mph in the 1/2.

This is regarding the Ford GT's pass from this thread: http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/2011-2014-mustangs-354/937598-billet-coyote-block-anyone.html

Our Mustang won't be at TI this year, but Mark's Ford GT (Camo GT) will be there, and will have a nasty surprise.

We all saw UGR go 217 in the half last weekend. Mark's car went 217 in the half in March in Beeville. That track SUCKS. Ellington is much better, and we consistently run 3-4mph faster in the half there than we do at Beeville.

Those UGR cars are getting it done, for sure.. and I can't wait to see Mark's GT go head to head with them at TI. Competition is what drives us all.. and Mark's car is undergoing a little bit of a "face lift" right now to get ahead of the curve. :)

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member

It's in here. Watch the captions at the top beside the speed readout.

[youtube_browser]1d9y2SFLl44[/youtube_browser]

earico

It's 4:20 somewhere...
Established Member
It's in here. Watch the captions at the top beside the speed readout.

[youtube_browser]1d9y2SFLl44[/youtube_browser]

The Venom GT is an impressive machine no doubt. Here's the thing though. I wouldn't buy bottle pootie tang for $1 from John H if he had it for sale. Many of us from the 90s remember how he runs a business. Same wolf just different colored clothing...

Users who are viewing this thread