Twin Turbo AWD Saleen S7 - dyno run

Chris _Scott

NA FTW
Established Member
building a car for the mile is a completely different monster than the 1/4 mile. Not just a simple gear/trans swap.

It really tests the fatigue strength and thermo efficiency of everything.

Anyways, that S7 looks more promising than Tim Tebow going into his junior year.

SVTCobra60

Established Member
not really actually. Wondering if anyone ever dug up threads or info on the actual build

Sorry didn't know you literally wanted all the details. It's tough to find details about the car.
Brief specs: Proline billet V8 10,2L engine, made for custom specification at 4000+HP power level for 1/4 and one mile racing.
Air shifted sequential transmission with torque converter.
Race AWD conversion including billet custom "smart" AWD transfer case.
RWD/AWD mod switch on/off
ProEFI ECU and Racepak solutions.
Twin 94mm Precision turbos with dual water/ice intercoolers.
This any better? If I find more info I'll post it up.

IMO this is the fastest "street car" on the planet right now......not UGR. Car is full interior and I think it still has AC.

Sal Patel’s Viper First In the Sixes, Sets New “IRS” World Record - Dragzine

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.333919785040.197564.333891530040&type=3

[youtube_browser]UtT16xjn-Nw[/youtube_browser]

In my opinion the "fastest street car" title should go to the car that is the fastest ON THE STREET. Now that car may pummel UGR at the track but on the street? I doubt it.

DirtyD916

SVT Based God
Established Member
I am reluctant to call any car with a 2-speed powerglide as being a streetcar just as much as I am to call a tube chassis with an S7 body on it. I know people will hate this perspective on the matter, but that is just me.

zerocool

Douchy McDoucherson
Established Member
Are you retarded? This car went 207mph in a 1/4 mile?!

Sent from my iPhone5 using Tapatalk 2

And would be out of gear by the half. :rolleyes:

It's been pretty damned well proven that the Vipers DON'T compete in the mile with the Gallardos and FGTs. Why do you think most the the major players in the mile racing game have moved away from building them?? A few years ago, when they and the Supras were running 230s, no one thought it could be done faster, and then it was.

90goldtsiawd

here 4 da laffs & cruelty
Established Member

It's been pretty damned well proven that the Vipers DON'T compete in the mile with the Gallardos and FGTs. Why do you think most the the major players in the mile racing game have moved away from building them?? A few years ago, when they and the Supras were running 230s, no one thought it could be done faster, and then it was.

The fastest any UGR Gallardo has gone in the 1/4 is low 180s. Sal's Viper makes way more power.

DirtyD916

SVT Based God
Established Member

Correct me if I am wrong, but I always thought that Vipers didn't compete in the mile because they kept exploding the 5th and 6th gears in the 3/4? The ART Viper has already been 241 mph in the 1 mile so it isn't like they aren't competing. Besides the current FGT record holder, there really haven't been any others that have lived up to expectations besides maybe the PPR GT.

DirtyD916

SVT Based God
Established Member
The fastest any UGR Gallardo has gone in the 1/4 is low 180s. Sal's Viper makes way more power.

I get what you are saying, but I think he is trying to highlight the fact that Sal might be out of gear past the 1/4. I have no idea if that is true or not, but figured I would try and keep the diatribe on track.

Sick SVT

Established Member
I am reluctant to call any car with a 2-speed powerglide as being a streetcar just as much as I am to call a tube chassis with an S7 body on it. I know people will hate this perspective on the matter, but that is just me.

X10000

This viper to me is a track car with air conditioning. It might be able to drive on the street but it wont perform like that on the street. I'm not a ugr nut swinger but that's a true street car to me.

wma8706

Established Member

I have to agree. Now if the S7 has the latest carbon fiber chassis and PDK tranny .... :thumbsup:

94venomV8

Established Member
I feel like people forget a lot of cars out there. The UGR cars are fast but why dont they hold records? You guys are trying to say they are the ultimate car. If so why are they so quick to the half mile but get smoked to the mile by FGT's? Just as Sal's Viper is purpose built, the Ford Gt's are purpose built, and UGR cars are purpose built. They are all wheel drive off the line monsters. But they couldnt hold a candle to any of these cars from a roll. Sals viper makes way more power, the FGT's make way more power and this S7 is going to smoke the UGR cars in all aspects. Imagine the outcome to the 1/2 mile if these FGT's had traction through 4th gear. You dont think they would break 217mph in 1/2 mile. lol

WeeZee

Member of NMRA
Established Member
Im loving the AWD, someone needs so make a awd conversion for S197 mustangs

Sick S7, don't see those much like Ford GT's

90goldtsiawd

here 4 da laffs & cruelty
Established Member
I get what you are saying, but I think he is trying to highlight the fact that Sal might be out of gear past the 1/4. I have no idea if that is true or not, but figured I would try and keep the diatribe on track.

And the UGR cars have specific gear sets for the mile runs. Swap gears for both cars for each particular race and Sal's Viper would mow them down.

I feel like people forget a lot of cars out there. The UGR cars are fast but why dont they hold records? You guys are trying to say they are the ultimate car. If so why are they so quick to the half mile but get smoked to the mile by FGT's? Just as Sal's Viper is purpose built, the Ford Gt's are purpose built, and UGR cars are purpose built. They are all wheel drive off the line monsters. But they couldnt hold a candle to any of these cars from a roll. Sals viper makes way more power, the FGT's make way more power and this S7 is going to smoke the UGR cars in all aspects. Imagine the outcome to the 1/2 mile if these FGT's had traction through 4th gear. You dont think they would break 217mph in 1/2 mile. lol

The camo FGT has already run 217mph in the 1/2 mile at another track. They stated that track they usually run 3-4mph slower than the one UGR set the record at.

Last edited:

FiveSpeed

Established Member

You may be right but that doesn't change the fact Sal has this car in the same trim out in town as he does at the track all the time. This car has seen a lot more "street time" than many other quick "street cars".

First IRS Car in the 6's Built by Drummond Race Cars - YouTube

DirtyD916

SVT Based God
Established Member
You may be right but that doesn't change the fact Sal has this car in the same trim out in town as he does at the track all the time. This car has seen a lot more "street time" than many other quick "street cars".

First IRS Car in the 6's Built by Drummond Race Cars - YouTube

I agree, but I just don't like Powerglides. People can argue about what car does what best and how they have been setup for various events. I was just giving my personal opinion so I don't expect people to necessarily agree :beer:

TurboBird

Boost Junkie
Established Member
Sorry didn't know you literally wanted all the details. It's tough to find details about the car.
Brief specs: Proline billet V8 10,2L engine, made for custom specification at 4000+HP power level for 1/4 and one mile racing.

In my opinion the "fastest street car" title should go to the car that is the fastest ON THE STREET. Now that car may pummel UGR at the track but on the street? I doubt it.

Thanks dude. I'll try to find more, probability need to read russian on the build thread

Neverbdonegt

Established Member

While it looks like it will be a beast, lets wait until it ACTUALLY runs on a street before calling it the best street car ever. One thing ugr has proven is they can make serious power and make it reliable on the street. This thing may get on the street and break into pieces the first time they floor it. The car looks promising, im just waiting to see it actually do something.

Same company builds both engines so that will not be what breaks if anything.

That thing will KILL any UGR car at ANY race they choose to run. Hell at low boost that car should be over 1000rwhp OVER the highest hp UGR car. Even if it doesn't hook right away it should freight train them up top but if they have enough money and knowledge to build that I'm betting they can get it to hook. This car should go 6's in the 1/4 pretty easy since this engine/turbo combo is good for 5's in the 1/4 in there promod and 3's at over 200 in the 1/8th in adrl trim.

All I gotta say is wait for the car to come out and let's see it run.

I want to see on the street! no idea how they will get that thing to hook!

Yeah I'm dying to see some videos of this thing on the road!!

SVTCobra60

Established Member
That thing will KILL any UGR car at ANY race they choose to run. Hell at low boost that car should be over 1000rwhp OVER the highest hp UGR car. Even if it doesn't hook right away it should freight train them up top but if they have enough money and knowledge to build that I'm betting they can get it to hook. This car should go 6's in the 1/4 pretty easy since this engine/turbo combo is good for 5's in the 1/4 in there promod and 3's at over 200 in the 1/8th in adrl trim.

No No, this saleen will most likely make ANY/Every car it's bitch on the street. What I was talking about was the viper someone posted. There is no way it could take the UGR cars on the street.

Users who are viewing this thread