Two more excellent reasons to hate Treynor

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
the GT is a beast! Funny how people wanna call the street version a flop because it doesnt run a 9 second quarter mile or something.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I had the wrong car for a second too haha

I thought there is no way a street car outran a full on racecar.

That FGT pulls HARD in the corners.

VRYALT3R3D

Show me your Members
Established Member
Long time, no update! Here's a video I suspect y'all will enjoy: onboard the McLaren Senna vs onboard the Ford GT MK II for a lap of Thermal. It's interesting how differently the two cars make their speed - the GT mid-corner and on exits, the Senna on straights. But of course, there can be only one winner...

It would be cool to see the Ford GT at an event like Global Time Attack or Gridlife.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
Long time, no update! Here's a video I suspect y'all will enjoy: onboard the McLaren Senna vs onboard the Ford GT MK II for a lap of Thermal. It's interesting how differently the two cars make their speed - the GT mid-corner and on exits, the Senna on straights. But of course, there can be only one winner...

What’s the tire difference on both cars?

treynor

Confirmed Power Junkie
Established Member
Premium Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
What’s the tire difference on both cars?

Massive, it's the single largest factor in lap time differences. The Senna has 245 & 305-width Pirelli Trofeo R street tires -- and has neither the suspension component strength nor the clearance to mount large slicks. The GT MK II has 290 & 310-width Michelin slicks and was designed to hoon around on them all day long.

Black02GT

*Not 2KBlackGT
Established Member
Massive, it's the single largest factor in lap time differences. The Senna has 245 & 305-width Pirelli Trofeo R street tires -- and has neither the suspension component strength nor the clearance to mount large slicks. The GT MK II has 290 & 310-width Michelin slicks and was designed to hoon around on them all day long.

Are you saying you can't mount something stickier on the Senna (same size) due to component strength? That'd be interesting, not sure I had the right take away from what you said.

Cause I did that in Forza and it worked out great :D

treynor

Confirmed Power Junkie
Established Member
Premium Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
... and then there were two.

2006+Ford+GT+Heritage.jpg

IMG_20200118_143513.jpg

Diablo Mike

Trinity Guy
Authorized Vendor
Hmm, gonna need some side by side shots as proof

thats sick. Any interest in an original GT40 to fill out the set?

treynor

Confirmed Power Junkie
Established Member
Premium Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
What? You had all this time to purchase a GT to help with your application and you chose to wait until you had acceptance on both the new GT’s. Is this correct?

Your statement is factually accurate. It was less intentional than implied however - I simply really like the Ford GT , much like I really like Mustangs. And eventually the right car at the right price came along...

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
Your statement is factually accurate. It was less intentional than implied however - I simply really like the Ford GT , much like I really like Mustangs. And eventually the right car at the right price came along...
I applaud you for being a car guy not just purchasing to try to gain something. Honest as honest can be!

I have to admit your updated posts reminded me of El Torito on Cannery Row. Dinner yesterday, so good!

Users who are viewing this thread