Two piece 13" Cobra front rotors now available in two versions

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
Greetings Mustang Enthusiasts:

Full Tilt Boogie Racing is finally ready to introduce our 2 pc lightweight 13" front Cobra rotors. These rotors are a direct replacement for all Cobras from 1994 through 2004 using the OEM PBR calipers or the Y2KR Brembo four piston calipers.

Because Mustangs are heavy, particularly on the front end, these would be a great addition to anyone looking to reduce weight. With rotors being unsprung, rotating mass, this weight reduction comes as a huge bonus.

Two versions of these rotors are available. A lightweight version for street and strip use and a heavy duty version for road racing track dawgz.

Both versions of these rotors utilize the same hardcoated aluminum hat and attaching hardware. The only difference in the two versions is the rotor casting that is used to make the finished product.

Both rotor castings are manufactured by Coleman Racing. All rotors are directional vaned for high performance cooling, stress relieved, slotted and clear zinc plated.

Weight savings are as follows. Brembo one pc rotor weighs in at a hefty 19.1#.

brembo1pcwtul0.jpg

Our lightweight rotor for street and strip use weighs in at 14.7# each. This equates to a weight savings of 4.4# each for a total savings of 8.8#. The air gap on this rotor is .620" and the rotor face thicknesses of .250" each.

The heavy duty road race version weighs in at 16.18# each for a weight savings of 2.92# and a total weight savings of 5.84#. This rotor has identical air gap, .520" and rotor face thicknesses of .295" as the 1pc Brembo.

Replacement rotor rings will be available for $163.50 and come slotted and zinc plated. No drilled rotors will be offered. Non-slotted rotors would be available on a special order basis at a nominal cost savings.

Both version of rotors are the same price, $595.00 for the pair plus freight. This is the first prototype pairs we have run and the heavy duty pair is already sold. The street strip version is available for immediate delivery.

Pics are below!

Jroc

Established Member
Very Cool!

Bruce are you saying that the only difference between the two is the surface that the pads contact is thicker before getting into the vented center section of the race version as opposed to the street version?

laruei

Established Member
SICK! If i had'nt just spent my money on your bushings I would be all over this.

Last edited:

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
Very Cool!

Bruce are you saying that the only difference between the two is the surface that the pads contact is thicker before getting into the vented center section of the race version as opposed to the street version?

The basic difference in the two versions of the rotors is the air gap between the rotor faces. Both rotors are 1.100" thick. It's just the heavy duty version has a more narrow air gap in the center.

:thumbsup::coolman::beer:

03roush

01 Roush Stage 3 #106
Established Member
any thought of doing a 14 inch rotor for us 01-04 Roush 4 piston Alcon guys, We cannot get a replacement rotor?

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
any thought of doing a 14 inch rotor for us 01-04 Roush 4 piston Alcon guys, We cannot get a replacement rotor?

The problem with the 14" is Coleman does not have a HD casting to make a true road race version. They make a 14" and I have them on two of my cars but my cars are both fairly light, 2,700# and 3,225#. They just are lighter weight versions.

If you have a used up rotor sample you can send me I could get you pricing. Are they bolt together or floaters?

03roush

01 Roush Stage 3 #106
Established Member
The problem with the 14" is Coleman does not have a HD casting to make a true road race version. They make a 14" and I have them on two of my cars but my cars are both fairly light, 2,700# and 3,225#. They just are lighter weight versions.

If you have a used up rotor sample you can send me I could get you pricing. Are they bolt together or floaters?

Not sure what you mean but they are a one piece rotor.I will see if I can get someone over on fnsweet with a used up rotor and see if I can have it.

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
these are available now?

Yes, one pair of the street/strip rotors are available. If there is enough interest I will make a production run in the near future.

Whats the weight of a stock 03 cobra rotor?

19.1# first pic.

Not sure what you mean but they are a one piece rotor.I will see if I can get someone over on fnsweet with a used up rotor and see if I can have it.

Sorry, if they are one piece rotors we can't supply them. BUT........... I could look into making a 2 pc set similar to these but there would have to be significant interest to warrant that.

mu22stang

[_==[_=_][_=_3[_=_< /_=_\
Established Member
I want some too Bruce - a road racing set. Keep us posted on the production timeframe please. I have an OT event at TWS on Oct. 3-4, is there any chance on getting a set of these before then?

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
I want some too Bruce - a road racing set. Keep us posted on the production timeframe please. I have an OT event at TWS on Oct. 3-4, is there any chance on getting a set of these before then?

Trent:

Normally we would have no problem making delivery for early October. But with this being a new item, it's going to take a bit to get the word out. We'd like to run a sizeable production run. It's entirely possible if we can generate enough interest we may be able to reduce the cost somewhat.

If interested parties keep chiming in we may start taking deposits. These could easily be manufactured in three weeks time.

Stay tuned!

SpectorV

Established Member
I know some two piece rotors have a wire line on the back to keep the bolts from ever backing out, do you have this on yours, is it not needed? If it is used and just not in the pictures how much weight does this add, I am guessing not very much but just wondering.

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
I know some two piece rotors have a wire line on the back to keep the bolts from ever backing out, do you have this on yours, is it not needed? If it is used and just not in the pictures how much weight does this add, I am guessing not very much but just wondering.

What you are describing is comoon on some versions of floating rotors.

These nuts are self locking nuts called centerlock. We also use permanent thread locking compound on them as well. It can take the heat.

If they can survive an event at Road America, they can survive anywhere!!

Jefe

Established Member
Price on these? Just bought 4 new rotors too....

Users who are viewing this thread