Two piece 13" Cobra front rotors now available in two versions

oldmodman

Established Member
Bruce, as much as I hate to have to scrape up the loot.

Put me down for a set of the heavy duty fronts and the 13' rear kit. These would be for use on an 03Cobra that has the 2000R front brake kit on it.

And would it save me any money to wait for the next batch of rotors and hats and get them un-anodized? I have access to "free" hard anodizing. As long as it is a standard hard anodize and not an exotic thick material.

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
Bruce, as much as I hate to have to scrape up the loot.

Put me down for a set of the heavy duty fronts and the 13' rear kit. These would be for use on an 03Cobra that has the 2000R front brake kit on it.

And would it save me any money to wait for the next batch of rotors and hats and get them un-anodized? I have access to "free" hard anodizing. As long as it is a standard hard anodize and not an exotic thick material.

Drew:

As much as I would like to do that as a favor to you, I can't. I will lose the manufacturing control process doing that.

I've never heard of hard anodizing? Maybe it's the same process as Hardcoat, maybe not. I don't know. All I do know is that anodizing and Hardcoat are two completely different process and we do both of them.

After doing some cost accounting we are unfortunately going to have to raise the price of the rear IRS 13" conversion kit. But because you didn't know that, I'm going to honor the old price for you. As a matter of fact, I have not even put a thread up yet regarding the 13" rear IRS conversion kit! Hope to have that up in the next few days!

I'll shoot you a PM with the details for a front and rear set-up.

:thumbsup::coolman::beer:

Terminator2003

Established Member
No sorry. I've only compared them to the one pc Brembo which is one of the most popular one pc rotors. There are heavier one pc rotors than the Brembo but they are not nearly as popular.

Ok fair enough. I'm in the market for a new set of performance rotors and would like to go with a 2 piece. I'm just curious what warrants the extra $100 compared to the Eradispeeds.

The quality looks great, I'm just trying to get the best value and performance for my dollar. I guess I'll do a bit more research and the Eradispeed weight vs yours and let you know.

Thanks

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
Ok fair enough. I'm in the market for a new set of performance rotors and would like to go with a 2 piece. I'm just curious what warrants the extra $100 compared to the Eradispeeds.

The quality looks great, I'm just trying to get the best value and performance for my dollar. I guess I'll do a bit more research and the Eradispeed weight vs yours and let you know.

Thanks

I'm not that familiar with the Baer Eradispeed rotors but a cursory Google search turned up only 2 pc front rotors that were available in slotted and DRILLED. Nobody I know would take a drilled rotor to the track as it would be a cracking hazard. If they have a non-drilled 2 pc rotor I did not see it.

I've updated the OP with the confirmed price on the replacement rotor rings.

Replacement rotor rings will be available for $163.50 and come slotted and zinc plated. No drilled rotors will be offered. Non-slotted rotors would be available on a special order basis at a nominal cost savings.

Terminator2003

Established Member
I'm not that familiar with the Baer Eradispeed rotors but a cursory Google search turned up only 2 pc front rotors that were available in slotted and DRILLED. Nobody I know would take a drilled rotor to the track as it would be a cracking hazard. If they have a non-drilled 2 pc rotor I did not see it.

I've updated the OP with the confirmed price on the replacement rotor rings.

Replacement rotor rings will be available for $163.50 and come slotted and zinc plated. No drilled rotors will be offered. Non-slotted rotors would be available on a special order basis at a nominal cost savings.

I am aware that the Eradispeed rotors are drilled, but I don't road race my car (bring it to the 1320 a few times a year) so I'm not too concerned about that.

But thanks for all the info and the quick replies, you seem to be very professional and that means a lot. I'll keep you in mind when I'm ready to purchase. Thanks

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
I am aware that the Eradispeed rotors are drilled, but I don't road race my car (bring it to the 1320 a few times a year) so I'm not too concerned about that.

But thanks for all the info and the quick replies, you seem to be very professional and that means a lot. I'll keep you in mind when I'm ready to purchase. Thanks

As long as you are only driving on the street with occasional 1/4 mile duty, the drilled rotors should serve you well.

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
Any front race sets available?

They sure are. We can ship today if payment is received before Noon CST.

Here's the link to our site:

FTBR Brake Parts

And the Pay-Pal shopping cart order page:

Full Tilt Boogie Racing Shopping Cart

At the bottom of the order page there is an order form you can download and save 5% when sending a check or money order. This saves us the Pay-Pal fees and we pass that savings onto our customers.

Let me know if you have any questions.

LunaticSVT

Fun with the Mammoth
Established Member
BTW I installed the heavy duty road race versions and love them. Thanks for the brakes!

vertigyn

Established Member
Bruce, would you recommend getting these rotors cryo treated? The shop I deal with has the ability to do this and have always recommended it on rotors and other metal pieces that see heat. What are your thoughts on having your rotors cryo treated?

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
Bruce, would you recommend getting these rotors cryo treated? The shop I deal with has the ability to do this and have always recommended it on rotors and other metal pieces that see heat. What are your thoughts on having your rotors cryo treated?

Elliott:

We already stress relieve ALL of our front rotors.

Cryo treating is more for racing applications where new parts run an entire race and then get thrown out at the end of the race. This would include things like rotors, transmission gears and rear end gears for a Nascar race and then everything gets replaced before the race the next week. For occasional use and weekend warrior use, these parts heat up and cool down numerous times in between sessions, races and weekends. So the benefit is minimized.

It certainly will not hurt to cryo the parts, but it's not totally worth the money in most applications.

FWIW

Users who are viewing this thread