Two piece 13" Cobra front rotors now available in two versions

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
Just to review here:

So far we have the two following people looking for the heavy duty road race versions of the 2 pc rotors.

mu22stang
Helomech74

I'm sending PM's to you both to confirm interest in the road race set of 13" front rotors.

If you're not on this list and you're interested, let me know.

We are going to be gearing up here shortly running more rotors and hats. The 13" IRS rear kit is coming together as well. I'll be starting another thread for that.

Stay tuned!

:thumbsup::coolman::beer:

Helomech74

Established Member
Just curious if these have been made or not. I should have the cash together by the end of the month or the beginning of February.

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
Just curious if these have been made or not. I should have the cash together by the end of the month or the beginning of February.

They ARE coming!!!!! I promise!!! By race season for sure!!!

Your timing is perfect!

Stay tuned!

n2fords2003

Established Member
About those 13" rears, what if Ive changed to live axle? shouldnt the spacer work the same? Is it a spacer that adds to the factory bracket or a completely new bracket?

Last edited:

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
So far we have the following people looking for the heavy duty road race versions of the 2 pc rotors.

mu22stang
Helomech74
n2fords2003

If you're not on this list and you're interested, let me know.

These rotors will become more and more popular as people discover the one pc Brembo's from Tire Rack are no longer available! :read:

About those 13" rears, what if Ive changed to live axle? shouldnt the spacer work the same? Is it a spacer that adds to the factory bracket or a completely new bracket?

I honestly can't answer you regarding the 13" rear SRA brake question.

Sorry for the hold-up here guys. It's our busy season at work and my CAD guy is up to his eyeballs in alligators. But he's promised me we'll hit it after work one night this week.

The GT500 hats and rotor drawings are what's holding this whole project up. I get my best prices running all these parts together and then I can pass the savings on to end users.

I appreciate everyone's patience!

n2fords2003

Established Member
sure you can. are the rear 13" setup a spacer thats between the factory mount and the caliper basket? if so then it will work on Mach 1s. If its a all new bracket that for the IRS then obliviously wont work on a mach 1.. Thats all that a cobra swap to solid axle swap is. People use the Mach 1 brackets to retain the OEM cobra rear brakes

Last edited:

n2fords2003

Established Member
Bump for my question above this post concerning the 13" rear on Solid axle.

Also, mark me down for a set of front drag rotors.

Thanks! Jud

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
Bump for my question above this post concerning the 13" rear on Solid axle.

Also, mark me down for a set of front drag rotors.

Thanks! Jud

Jud:

It's my understanding the Mach has the same rear brakes as a Cobra. Maybe someone can confirm that. I've got a Mach, but it has an IRS! :poke:

If that is the case, theoretically this 13" caliper relocation bracket should work. If somebody with a Mach SRA wants to try the 13" kit when it's ready I'll gladly work with them and if it doesn't fit they can return it and get a full refund.

We are working on the parts as I type! We appreciate everyone's patience!

mach1gsxr

Established Member
Jud:

It's my understanding the Mach has the same rear brakes as a Cobra. Maybe someone can confirm that. I've got a Mach, but it has an IRS! :poke:

If that is the case, theoretically this 13" caliper relocation bracket should work. If somebody with a Mach SRA wants to try the 13" kit when it's ready I'll gladly work with them and if it doesn't fit they can return it and get a full refund.

We are working on the parts as I type! We appreciate everyone's patience!

Yes, the brakes are the same from a mach to a cobra. I have a mach 1 with a SRA and another with the IRS so I can tell you if it will work or not. I also have another that has a 96-98 cobra SRA in it, but it should be the same as the mach axle, just a little more narrow.

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
Bruce do you have a set of street/strip rotors available now? If not when will they be ready?

Yes, I have a pair of the 13" front Cobra ('94-'04) 2 pc street strip available right now. :-D Shoot me a PM if you're interested.

Any updates on the rear 13" conversion? Also what would it cost for the street version? Thanks

Sorry for the delay here guys, I've been on a Cruise for the last week. :-D

There was a minor issue with the original caliper relocation bracket and we redesigned it. The new parts are now at the machine shop being machined hopefully this week or next.

All of the rear 13" conversions are the same. There is no difference between street, strip or road race versions like there are with the fronts.

Pricing for the kit is going to be a bit more than I anticipated mainly because of the cost of the the aluminum rotor hats and the cost of the Hardcoating. (plating) These are very expensive parts to manufacture.

The kit will consist of two 13" directionally vaned, slotted, zinc plated rotors mounted on Hardcoated aluminum hats. (the rotors are actually a slight weight savings over the OEM Cobra rear rotors) Two zinc plated steel caliper relocation brackets with mounting hardware and installation instructions. The kit is going to be right about $645.00 plus freight. I hope to have completed kits ready to ship by late Feb. or early March.

yellow03vert

Established Member
Last question does this kit weigh less than the stock brakes? You said there was a slight weight saving for the rotor I am trying to keep my unsprung weight down. Thanks

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
Last question does this kit weigh less than the stock brakes? You said there was a slight weight saving for the rotor I am trying to keep my unsprung weight down. Thanks

Yes, slight weight savings. Post #28 in this thread shows the rotor weights.

FWIW

Users who are viewing this thread