Umm...

MarcSpaz

Resident Trouble Maker
Established Member
I find it hard to believe there's a 25k difference(above msrp) in asking price between the tech and track pack.

I bought mine at Cowles Ford about 2 months ago for $58K. Right now they have an R for just shy of $93k and a Track Pack for almost $83.5K. That's a huge price spread of $25.5K on the tech and a $35k spread on the R.

http://www.cowlesford.com/new/Ford/...a0e0adf748d53f4920a9417.htm?searchDepth=40:40

GT350R.JPG

http://www.cowlesford.com/new/Ford/...a0e0ae7308e83ec91c35433.htm?searchDepth=39:40

GT350TrackPack.JPG

MarcSpaz

Resident Trouble Maker
Established Member
Those are the ADM prices, not the MSRP. I bought the tech for $58k.

Edit: The tech cars have an ADM of about $10k-$12k, putting them at around $70k... but they took the ADM off the one I bought when I told them I was walking.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
I've never seen a 15k spread on tech to track pack before. Like I said before tech is more popular and has way more orders.

Locally there's a tech. Dealers asking 78k or 20k over.

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
Welp, guys, go ahead and hit me with the "you're an idiot" comments. I won't even fight them this time. I caved, and HR270 is mine! But let me tell you why I caved.

When the Boss 302 came out, I wanted a Laguna Seca like crazy. Dealers were marking those up, too. I played the wait-it-out game on that one because I figured Ford would do like they did with the '07 GT500; say it's for a limited time then turn around and run it for 8 years. I ended up missing out on getting [a new] one and regretted it all the time. I also wanted and waited foolishly for the '00 R, even though, at the time, I couldn't afford one even at MSRP.

With the GT350, I still tried to play the wait-it-out game, and called people crazy for paying ADMs on them. Which I still think is crazy, but now I've admitted myself to the insane asylum with them. With the [supposed final year] 2017 model out now, I started getting weak worrying about missing out again. Then I heard that the GT350 will continue into the 2018 model year, which strengthened my resolve. Then 13COBRA said it's not, which further weakened my resolve. Ford's been playing their performance car cards really close to their vests lately. I had already missed out on the LS. I didn't want to miss out on the R, too!

Also, ever since Ford announced the GT350 back in 2014, I told my wife she had to get me one [an R] since I bought her a house. LOL Well, sort of unbeknownst to me, she had been off-and-on trying to find one at a "good" price since then. During Thanksgiving dinner, she asked me what I wanted for Christmas. I told her a GT350R. She found one all the way in Baltimore at the lowest markup we've seen since the car has been out. I've never seen an R listed or sold for less than $105K. They had it listed just over $98K. I was able to get them "down" to $92K. :nonono: Traded the S4 for it. [Realistically, gave them the S4 for free.] Said my goodbyes to it, and almost choked up. We had a lot of excellent travels in that car. :'(

The deets:
'17 GT350R
chassis HR270
Lightning Blue w/ black stripes and red accent stripes
Electronics Pkg

I see that trunk lining is now included on the R. Is that new for '17? Or is it included in the Electronics Pkg?

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Strictly for conversational purposes, are you saying "you" wouldn't buy one or "no one" should buy one? Regardless of which, I'm curious as to why you feel that way.

I was able to get the car with the Tech package for MSRP, but the same dealer had 2 Track Pack cars with a $25k mark-up. No other dealer had a better deal within a distance I was willing to deal with. I never pay more than MSRP for any car ever, so I skipped them.

I bought the Tech car because I wanted one that I could run at road course T&T/Seat-Time type of events, but still have some of the creature comforts for when I drive to work/dinner/etc. I put 3900 miles on it in the last 3 months... and that is with splitting time between 6 cars. I really like driving it and have no regrets.
I wouldn't personally buy one .

Dealers have been giving Tech Pack cars away ever since early 2016. They are trading hands between dealers for invoice less holdback, while the Track cars have been demanding MSRP+.

I hope you enjoy your car, in no way am I saying it's a poor car, it just is MUCH less demanded than a Track Pack.

For on track at any time the tech will overheat. If your only using the car on road the tech is just as good as the track pack.

With more orders for the tech(16) the dealers are saying it's easier to sell the tech package. It is more comfortable and can get the radio. I find it hard to believe there's a 25k difference(above msrp) in asking price between the tech and track pack.

There were more orders for the Tech Pack cars for stock orders than Track Pack cars. There was almost a 3:1 track:tech retail orders.

The Tech cars are much easier to find, since there were more stock orders than retail orders.

Welp, guys, go ahead and hit me with the "you're an idiot" comments.

Well at this point, enjoy it.

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
Enjoy. Don't think you'll regret it. Car is awesome and markedly different to the base GT350.

So I've heard. Now I want to drive a base or Track Pack GT350 just to see how different. There are quite a few GT350s around here. Maybe I can flag one down and we can trade keys for a few minutes.

Zemedici

Established Member
So I've heard. Now I want to drive a base or Track Pack GT350 just to see how different. There are quite a few GT350s around here. Maybe I can flag one down and we can trade keys for a few minutes.

That'd be a cool experience I bet! Plus you'd make the GT350 owners day im sure :D

MarcSpaz

Resident Trouble Maker
Established Member
Welp, guys, go ahead and hit me with the "you're an idiot" comments. I won't even fight them this time. I caved, and HR270 is mine!

Hey man... It's your cash. I really do hope you enjoy it. Congrats on the new toy!

I wouldn't personally buy one .

Dealers have been giving Tech Pack cars away ever since early 2016. They are trading hands between dealers for invoice less holdback, while the Track cars have been demanding MSRP+.

I'm not surprise to hear that. I am friends with several people who work at my local Ford dealer, including the Service and New Sales Managers. They told me the car I bought was at 3 dealerships before they got it and it sat on their floor for 5 months before I bought it.

I hope you enjoy your car, in no way am I saying it's a poor car, it just is MUCH less demanded than a Track Pack.

There were more orders for the Tech Pack cars for stock orders than Track Pack cars. There was almost a 3:1 track:tech retail orders.

I'm sure... but I am not paying the crazy ADM. For $83k, I can buy a Ferrari 360 Modena. Granted, the Modena is a tad slower, but I'd be driving a Ferrari. LOL

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I'm sure... but I am not paying the crazy ADM. For $83k, I can buy a Ferrari 360 Modena. Granted, the Modena is a tad slower, but I'd be driving a Ferrari. LOL

Modenas are turds.

MarcSpaz

Resident Trouble Maker
Established Member
360 for $85k and $25k service every 15k miles or something absurd like that.

Not sure where you heard that... but in talking to actual owners, its not true. I have two friends that own 360's. One has a 2002 and the other has a 2005. They both are telling me that the ludicrous maintenance prices are mostly a myth.

EDIT: Both of them told me its about $1,000 -$1,200 a year to maintain.

This is from a Dealer.... $3,200 for major maintenance, about every 3 to 5 years, depending on miles.

https://www.ferrarifl.com/ferrari-major-service.htm

Last edited:

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
What make you say that? Or maybe a better question is, what do you define as a turd?

Their performance specs are a tad slower that the GT350R, but not much. As a passanger, they seem to ride nice.
The 360s are the Focus of the Ferrari world.

BlownAway03

Established Member
I said this in the other thread, but $92k.........damn! I hope the dealer at least include a gallon of KY. I never new a crankshaft could make people so crazy.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
Not sure where you heard that... but in talking to actual owners, its not true. I have two friends that own 360's. One has a 2002 and the other has a 2005. They both are telling me that the ludicrous maintenance prices are mostly a myth.

EDIT: Both of them told me its about $1,000 -$1,200 a year to maintain.

This is from a Dealer.... $3,200 for major maintenance, about every 3 to 5 years, depending on miles.

https://www.ferrarifl.com/ferrari-major-service.htm

"After all, when you shell out $13,000 for a 30K service, you need to have a good sense of humor. It keeps you from screaming."

From Treynor back in 06.

Users who are viewing this thread