Unbelievable. More problems with MSX (READ)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tazman1

fast is not fast enough!!
Established Member
You know, It seems that things like this are happening or have happend to all of us once in our lives at some time or another. No one is here likes to hear things like this happening. I just hope the problem is resolved.

Last edited:

WesTexLightning

Established Member
there have been 2 guest viewing for quite a while

I hope that you get you issues fixed in a hurry you have been more than flexible so far i just dont think i would be this calm

ShortThrow50

Always buyin cheap tires
Established Member
there is NO excuse for that. What the hell kinda company is this guy running?

Craig Mack

Lightning > Cobra > Max
Established Member
*UPDATE*

JAKE JUST TOOK IT APART. This F#cking Motor Has Pro-pistons, Not Manley Pistons. The Cheapest Peices Of Shit Pistons. The Inside Of The Shortblock Is Filthy, The Pistons Are Too Small For The Cylinders So The Rings That Go Around It Barely Fit, So Compression Is Going To Be Horrible.

THIS BETTER BE THE WRONG MOTOR. I'M GETTING ALL OF MSX'S INFO AND EITHER THE SHOP, ME, MY DAD OR A LAWYER WILL BE CONTACTING THEM VERY SHORTLY.

Last edited:

albino96

White is the fastst color
Established Member
Craig Mack said:
I have been a member of this site for 3 years, have never flamed any company EVER. It would give ANYTHING to NOT have these problems. I would give anything to have gotten what I paid for on time, so that I could kiss MSX's balls and praise them all day long. But this is about the worst situation anyone could be in, other then not recieving a motor at all. The Lightning community NEEDS to know these things. I DO NOT want others wasting THEIR hard earned thousands without knowing the risks first and knowing what may happen!! What the hell is the point of these forums otherwise??

Has anyone ever heard of probe pistons? Jake told me they are forged, and that if anything goes it will be the rods and not the pistons, but it is the principle of installing some part I didn't order. It also leads me to believe the rest of the motor may not be what I was told it would be.

I know a guy running probe (or pro?) pistons in his vortech '96 cobra. They are ok pistons as far as I know. Sucks to hear all that. I was just at MSX not to long ago for a gear install. They had all sorts of lightings and cobras there. The guys seemes cool too. They did my install at 1 in the morning.

I would be severly mad too though. I'm gonna build my motor soon and that would suck.

Last edited:

bmfgsxr

Established Member
i dont see any reason why the staff here would close this thread. they left the other thread open until everything was laid out in the open. just because msx is a vendor doesnt mean they will automatically be on his side. on the site i help run if a vendor is doing something wrong we will do our best to help make it right even if it means running the vendor off the site.

KONA BLUES

HORSEPOWER JUNKIE
Established Member
Tazman1 said:
Who packed the block for you. Is there a name for the person who packaged it for you? Sounds like someone sent you the wrong block?

I am with Tazman on this one. I know I do not know everything that has gone down regarding this transaction, but MSX has had nothing but positive reviews from many people on these boards. I can't imagine Billy doing this, it truly sounds like you got something that was meant for someone else. I, for one, would like to see pictures of this engine and the packing slip/bill of lading that shows both adresses (yours and theirs). Whose to say the freight company didn't pull a switch-a-roo?

I, like Dusten, will be subscribing to this thread as I too was considering MSX for my engine needs.

I will anxiously be awaiting MSX's response to this dilemma.

Dorf

WhiteBolt

Engine Master
Established Member
Craig Mack said:
I
Has anyone ever heard of probe pistons? Jake told me they are forged, and that if anything goes it will be the rods and not the pistons, but it is the principle of installing some part I didn't order. It also leads me to believe the rest of the motor may not be what I was told it would be.
http://www.probeindustries.com/Pistons/pistons.htm
They're a fairly new piston company.
They offer better dealer wholesale prices to get more people to buy their stuff.
Hopefully you got the "SRS" or "PRS" version, they are probably equal to Manley, but personally, I would have felt better with JE, CP, or Mahle parts.

Last edited:

albino96

White is the fastst color
Established Member
Gigawatt said:
I am with Tazman on this one. I know I do not know everything that has gone down regarding this transaction, but MSX has had nothing but positive reviews from many people on these boards. I can't imagine Billy doing this, it truly sounds like you got something that was meant for someone else. I, for one, would like to see pictures of this engine and the packing slip/bill of lading that shows both adresses (yours and theirs). Whose to say the freight company didn't pull a switch-a-roo?

I, like Dusten, will be subscribing to this thread as I too was considering MSX for my engine needs.

Dorf

I agree they coulda just sent the wrong block or something. There were plenty around the shop when I was there...
I'll be waiting for their response.

ShortThrow50

Always buyin cheap tires
Established Member
why did you dissamble the block instead of sending right back to them for a full refund with an explanation why. Now they will prolly give u shit.

Skrapmetal

Established Member
Gigawatt said:

Dorf

Ditto. No one ever seems to say a bad word about MSX, I can't imagine that they would suddenly turn into a different company in the last couple of months. Sounds like either an honest mistake on their part or a miscommunication of some kind that we're only hearing one side of.

Craig Mack

Lightning > Cobra > Max
Established Member
Skrapmetal said:
Ditto. No one ever seems to say a bad word about MSX, I can't imagine that they would suddenly turn into a different company in the last couple of months. Sounds like either an honest mistake on their part or a miscommunication of some kind that we're only hearing one side of.

You're right!! I'm making all of this stuff up!! I will just throw this pile of shit into my engine bay, shut my mouth and hope for the best! ANYWAY...

Time to get to the bottom of what happened. I hope it's just a mixup to say the least!

Tazman1

Established Member
I'm willing to bet, that you recieved a block that was supposed to be rebuilt.:shrug:

mc01svt

100% full natty brah
Established Member
Skrapmetal said:

seeing as how this issue has been out in the open for a couple of weeks, you'd think they would make sure everything turned out perfectly.

but I guess not :shrug:

ShortThrow50

Always buyin cheap tires
Established Member
Craig Mack said:
You're right!! I'm making all of this stuff up!! I will just throw this pile of shit into my engine bay, shut my mouth and hope for the best! ANYWAY...

Time to get to the bottom of what happened. I hope it's just a mixup to say the least!
dont listen to those lunk heads. Maybe that crap will happen to them some day

Skrapmetal

Established Member
I don't see anything in my post that says you're making this up.

Tazman1

Established Member
Craig Mack said:

Keep your fingers crossed. Well not for to long. You wouldn't be able to type.

mc01svt

100% full natty brah
Established Member
Skrapmetal said:
I don't see anything in my post that says you're making this up.

the implication there was that the vendor can do no wrong......

bmfgsxr

Established Member
i have a strange feeling that you have someone elses motor and from the sounds of it that motor probably just went there to be rebuilt and yours is still sitting there.. hopefully it gets sorted quickly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread