Unbelievable. More problems with MSX (READ)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skrapmetal

Established Member
mc01svt said:
the implication there was that the vendor can do no wrong......

No, the implication was that the vendor has no history of this sort of action so I highly doubt they're deliberately trying to give him something other than he requested. It could be an honest mistake on MSX's part that is completely out of character for them.

And forgive the scepticism, but this wouldn't be the first time someone hopped on an internet forum and made a post like this to have it refuted later by the vendor's side of the story. I'm fairly sure it's happened on this forum even.

Last edited:

ducman996

Established Member
I sure hope what they sent you was a mistake. I hope you paid with a CC and can dispute the charges. You shouldn't have touched the motor or heads and immediately went the send it back for full refund route. I know that MMR used to offer their least expensive 5.4 shortblock option with probe pistons and it was around +$300 to upgrade to Mahle or similar.

Craig Mack

Lightning > Cobra > Max
Established Member
If you wanna know the truth my dad is the one who fronted the $4000 for this SHIT because I cannot afford it right now. He is already stressed at work and had to hear the shop call him and tell him all this bullshit about the motor that was promised 1 1/2 months ago. I've been using his car for the past 2 1/2 months he's been borrowing a family members minivan that is waiting to be sold. Well he's gonna call MSX himself.

I DO NOT NEED to hear the asskissers reply to this thread. This has to be the wrong motor because it is a peice of SHIT inside and out. Best case scenerio it's just a mixup, one amount countless i've dealt with. I would expect, in that case, that my motor be OVERNIGHTED to me and have the same company pick this pile of garbage up to be shipped back!

ShortThrow50

Always buyin cheap tires
Established Member
ducman996 said:
I sure hope what they sent you was a mistake. I hope you paid with a CC and can dispute the charges. You shouldn't have touched the motor or heads and immediately went the send it back for full refund route. I know that MMR used to offer their least expensive 5.4 shortblock option with probe pistons and it was around +$300 to upgrade to Mahle or similar.
Thats what i said a few posts ago. Now the vendor has the option to not cooperate with him now that he took that engine aprt.

Craig Mack

Lightning > Cobra > Max
Established Member
ducman996 said:

how the F#CK could I have known that the entire motor was wrong unless I had part of it taken apart to see?? WHATEVER. This is NOT my motor and it needs to be resolved asap.

Tazman1

fast is not fast enough!!
Established Member
I agree with you on the last part of your statement.

Craig Mack said:
If you wanna know the truth my dad is the one who fronted the $4000 for this SHIT because I cannot afford it right now. He is already stressed at work and had to hear the shop call him and tell him all this bullshit about the motor that was promised 1 1/2 months ago. I've been using his car for the past 2 1/2 months he's been borrowing a family members minivan that is waiting to be sold. Well he's gonna call MSX himself.

I DO NOT NEED to hear the asskissers reply to this thread. This has to be the wrong motor because it is a peice of SHIT inside and out. Best case scenerio it's just a mixup, one amount countless i've dealt with. I would expect, in that case, that my motor be OVERNIGHTED to me and have the same company pick this pile of garbage up to be shipped back!

Last edited:

Socom688

Cobra > All other cars..
Established Member
ShortThrow50 said:
why did you dissamble the block instead of sending right back to them for a full refund with an explanation why. Now they will prolly give u shit.

They will not give sh*t if a lawyer is present, and considering the reputation of Lamotta, there will be NO sh*t given for opening it. It had to be opened to see whats inside, you have to take it apart, there are no magical xrays thats enable someone to see into the motor without it being apart to make sure it really was the right engine. Its fine that Jake took it apart, you would be surprised what a lawyer can get you. Sending it back immediately to get a full refund only works on $5.00 toys off eBay. This is a major law-suit problem.

KONA BLUES

HORSEPOWER JUNKIE
Established Member
Craig Mack said:
You're right!! I'm making all of this stuff up!! I will just throw this pile of shit into my engine bay, shut my mouth and hope for the best! ANYWAY...

Up until now, you have always handled yourself in a mature, respectable manner. No one here is against you, nor are they stating you are making stuff up, we simply think that there is more than meets the eye here.

I hope you took pics of this "PILE OF SHIT", as you put it, BEFORE you and your shop disassembled it, otherwise your evidence is non-existent. I also hope that on the Roadway bill of lading you signed (which you should have refused by the way), the condition of the shipment was noted, if not you are going to have a hard time getting anything done.

I truly hope that this situation comes to a sensible and absolute resolution.

ShortThrow50

Always buyin cheap tires
Established Member
Socom688 said:
They will not give sh*t if a lawyer is present, and considering the reputation of Lamotta, there will be NO sh*t given for opening it. It had to be opened to see whats inside, you have to take it apart, there are no magical xrays thats enable someone to see into the motor without it being apart to make sure it really was the right engine. Its fine that Jake took it apart, you would be surprised what a lawyer can get you. Sending it back immediately to get a full refund only works on $5.00 toys off eBay. This is a major law-suit problem.
No, dont get me wrong. Im totally on this guys side. He knew the motor was junk when he first received it. Its well documented here. All im saying is he shoulda sent it back upon arrival

WhiteBolt

Engine Master
Established Member
Craig Mack said:
You're right!! I'm making all of this stuff up!! I will just throw this pile of shit into my engine bay, shut my mouth and hope for the best! ANYWAY...

Time to get to the bottom of what happened. I hope it's just a mixup to say the least!
There's little doubt he's one of the best mod motor builders out there.
But he's obviously way over his head with all the workload from new customers and he can't\won't hire more people to help him out.
It he can't fix his problems quickly, his reputation will soon take a nosedive. At least at the national level. Locals will likely still deal with him.
Maybe it would be a good idea to put all new orders on indefinite hold until current customers are all taken care of.

Craig Mack

Lightning > Cobra > Max
Established Member
ShortThrow50 said:
Thats what i said a few posts ago. Now the vendor has the option to not cooperate with him now that he took that engine aprt.

MSX is held in such high regards here that if they wouldn't try to ruin their business by "not cooperating". Grow up.

Nothing on this motor is what it should be. The only reason why we investigated the SB is because the heads are used L heads, which is what I ordered. Nothing was tampered with, Lamotta is a reputable shop with more experience then most of the vendors on here.

And yes it was paid with a Credit Card. So, from this point on, best case scenerio would be to get MY motor (god knows this monstrosity cant be mine) shipped and fast, or to call VISA and handle the charges.

MrClean

ADDICTED
Established Member
bmfgsxr said:
i have a strange feeling that you have someone elses motor and from the sounds of it that motor probably just went there to be rebuilt and yours is still sitting there.. hopefully it gets sorted quickly.

+1 Totally agree.
There has to be a logical explanation for this. Give MSX a chance to respond.
Sometimes I jump up and down, cuss everybody out, only to find out it was an honest mistake and then I look like an @ss

WhiteBolt

Engine Master
Established Member
Craig Mack said:
Maybe you should rent a car so your dad can get his back and have MSX reimburse you for your inconvenience?

Last edited:

ShortThrow50

Always buyin cheap tires
Established Member
Craig Mack said:
MSX is held in such high regards here that if they wouldn't try to ruin their business by "not cooperating". Grow up.

Nothing on this motor is what it should be. The only reason why we investigated the SB is because the heads are used L heads, which is what I ordered. Nothing was tampered with, Lamotta is a reputable shop with more experience then most of the vendors on here.

And yes it was paid with a Credit Card. So, from this point on, best case scenerio would be to get MY motor (god knows this monstrosity cant be mine) shipped and fast, or to call VISA and handle the charges.
If you bought a package of new underwear (tighty whities for example) at walmart and decided they didnt fit, then bring them back with skid marks in them. Do you think they would give you a refund?

Tazman1

fast is not fast enough!!
Established Member
This ain't no tighty whities here.

ShortThrow50 said:
If you bought a package of new underwear (tighty whities for example) at walmart and decided they didnt fit, then bring them back with skid marks in them. Do you think they would give you a refund?

Flash2211

Established Member
ShortThrow50 said:

lol:D :D :D ...you're sooo crazy!!!
N.E. ways...the question is: WHY HAS MSX NOT RESPONDED YET ???

The_Truth

Established Member
Hey shortthrow man, It looks to me like you are tyring to cause problems in this thread, which is not called for. You are not helping, so if you don't have anything helpfull to say don't say anything. Stop tyring to get this closed. If i'm out of line i'm sorry.

Biggs

WhiteBolt

Engine Master
Established Member
MMCustomworks said:
Why would there be different pistons in the block? Seems strange to me, more like someone at the shipping company did a switch which would explain the dirty motor.
The company I worked for shipped high ticket racing engines, transmissions, and rear ends on a weekly basis using "RoadWay" shipping company.
We have never had a theft problem with them.

Last edited:

WesTexLightning

Established Member
ShortThrow50 said:

:lol: Hell walmart will take back anything so yea:lol:

Socom688

Cobra > All other cars..
Established Member
Gigawatt said:
Up until now, you have always handled yourself in a mature, respectable manner. No one here is against you, nor are they stating you are making stuff up, we simply think that there is more than meets the eye here.

I hope you took pics of this "PILE OF SHIT", as you put it, BEFORE you and your shop disassembled it, otherwise your evidence is non-existent. I also hope that on the Roadway bill of lading you signed (which you should have refused by the way), the condition of the shipment was noted, if not you are going to have a hard time getting anything done.

I truly hope that this situation comes to a sensible and absolute resolution.

Have you read the post? The problems with it? If so, then why would you ask this? The poster has personally gone down there, and seen the problems, and Jake Lamotta has also stated all of them to be true. Refuse the bill?? Half the problems weren't even found UNTIL it was disassembled... Everything stated on here that is wrong with the order, really is wrong with the order. It doesn't matter so much about taking pictures of it before, but after the taking apart because it really shows the crap that was sent instead of what was supposed to be sent. As far as it being dirty, thats the last thing the poster needs to worry about, HE DIDN'T GET WHAT HE PAID FOR! He did not receive all the parts, or even most of the right parts anyways. It doesn't matter if "pro-pistons" aren't that bad, he didnt pay for them! You all see my point? This needs to be resolved.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread