Unbelievable. More problems with MSX (READ)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChrisNelson

* Screw the N.A.B. !! *
Established Member
It appears both Bob and Larry have gone above and beyond their call of duty in this one. Hopefully it all gets fixed.

SS THiS

03 Lightning
Established Member
Edited by F2B: Take that to the longtube group buy thread, it doesn't belong here.

Last edited by a moderator:

Craig Mack

Lightning > Cobra > Max
Established Member
thanks guys for your help and concern thus far...

well i'm sitting at the shop right now. Billy talked to Jake. Basically nothing got resolved, other than the fact that THIS IS INDEED the correct motor. The wrong pistons, dirt, oil, missing parts, etc. have not been explained because before Jake could ask Billy about them the conversation ended, because apparently Billy became upset that Jake took out the piston to inspect the motor to see if it was legit. In addition, apparently we have been told we are S.O.L. for taking a piston out to inspect everything.

As of now I have no answers, I have no reciept, no bill of sale, just a dirty used engine with missing/wrong parts. My brother (socom688) will be here soon and I will take pictures for everyone.

Last edited:

KONA BLUES

HORSEPOWER JUNKIE
Established Member
Socom688 said:
Have you read the post? The problems with it? If so, then why would you ask this? The poster has personally gone down there, and seen the problems, and Jake Lamotta has also stated all of them to be true. Refuse the bill?? Half the problems weren't even found UNTIL it was disassembled... Everything stated on here that is wrong with the order, really is wrong with the order. It doesn't matter so much about taking pictures of it before, but after the taking apart because it really shows the crap that was sent instead of what was supposed to be sent. As far as it being dirty, thats the last thing the poster needs to worry about, HE DIDN'T GET WHAT HE PAID FOR! He did not receive all the parts, or even most of the right parts anyways. It doesn't matter if "pro-pistons" aren't that bad, he didnt pay for them! You all see my point? This needs to be resolved.

You have misconstrued my remarks, I did not imply he GOT what he ordered, nor did I attack the integrity of Jake Lamotta....:shrug:

As I said before, I am not taking MSX's side here and yes I read the post. His original post referred to POOR shipping quality. He said the entire motor was covered with DIRT, OIL, and SILICON. It would have been visible upon receipt of the engine and should have been refused on the spot.

I am on Craig's side, and I hope that this will be resolved quickly and the correct motor will be shipped to him in an expedited fashion. I too would be angry about the whole ordeal, but I wouldn't be handling it in this fashion. People make mistakes, granted that doesn't really apply hear when the cost of $4,000 is at stake, plus downtime of vehicle, etc.

A gross error was made, and I agree that Craig should get everything and then some he has coming to him. Opening a thread and bashing MSX is not the way to go about resolving this matter is all I am saying.

Please keep us posted on the outcome Craig. As I said before, MSX is on my list of potential engine builders and I would like to know the results.

Dorf

Last edited:

KONA BLUES

HORSEPOWER JUNKIE
Established Member
Craig Mack said:
thanks guys for your help and concern thus far...

well i'm sitting at the shop right now. Billy talked to Jake. Basically nothing got resolved, other than the fact that THIS IS INDEED the correct motor. The wrong pistons, dirt, oil, missing parts, etc. have not been explained because before Jake could ask Billy about them the conversation ended, because apparently Billy became upset that Jake took out the piston to inspect the motor to see if it was legit. In addition, apparently we have been told we are S.O.L. for taking a piston out to inspect everything.

As of now I have no answers, I have no reciept, no bill of sale, just a dirty used engine with missing/wrong parts. My brother (socom688) will be here soon and I will take pictures for everyone.

Well this is not what I wanted to see. I am truly sorry that this has happened to you Craig. I can't believe what I am reading in this thread. It is simply getting where you cannot trust anyone these days. Whatever happened to PRIDE in one's work? With everything you have been through thus far, I am still in disbelief that they did this to you....:nonono:

Dusten

Established Member
ChrisNelson said:
It appears both Bob and Larry have gone above and beyond their call of duty in this one. Hopefully it all gets fixed.
I agree 100% here, and LL's response about the thread being closed it a perfect example of how this board if run. If a member got screwed, either on purpose or not, LL will let it air until it is resolved.

chuchomula

"Rehab'd Ricer"
Established Member
I wonder what MSX has to say about putting in the wrong parts. I would like to know just like the rest of us. I was actually thinking of going w/MSX since they are local for me..... but w/all this I'm sure I won't be the only one looking at someone else...

Shelly@MSX

Banned
I have been in contact with Jake at Lamotta and Craigs father. Im hoping to settle this peacefully but seems like the are not jake told me he had to go and that was that. I toldm jake at lamotta because the motor was taken apart there is no warranty with it know. Period. You guys never have me a chance to see if it was the wrong motor or not. IM PUBLITICLY SAYING IF THATS NOT YOUR MOTOR SEND IT BACK AND I WILL MAKE IT RIGHT YOU NEVER CALLED AND SAID HEY I THINK I GOT THE WRONG MOTOR I DO 20+ MOTORS A MONTH SHIT HAPPENS AND UNFORTUNATLEY IT HAD TO BE WITH YOU CRAIG. I TRULEY APOLOGISE BUT YOU SHOULD NOT EVEN OF OPENED THE MOTOR UP UNTIL WE SPOKE

BILLY

Blown5pnt4

Established Member
Im waiting for pics and Billy's response as well. I currently have them assembling my motor so I'm very interested in it. I just find it hard to believe that something like this would happen.

03SBSVT

Banned
Shelly@MSX said:
I have been in contact with Jake at Lamotta and Craigs father. Im hoping to settle this peacefully but seems like the are not jake told me he had to go and that was that. I toldm jake at lamotta because the motor was taken apart there is no warranty with it know. Period. You guys never have me a chance to see if it was the wrong motor or not. IM PUBLITICLY SAYING IF THATS NOT YOUR MOTOR SEND IT BACK AND I WILL MAKE IT RIGHT YOU NEVER CALLED AND SAID HEY I THINK I GOT THE WRONG MOTOR I DO 20+ MOTORS A MONTH SHIT HAPPENS AND UNFORTUNATLEY IT HAD TO BE WITH YOU CRAIG. I TRULEY APOLOGISE BUT YOU SHOULD NOT EVEN OF OPENED THE MOTOR UP UNTIL WE SPOKE

BILLY
Thats complete bullshit and you know it, just because he pulled it? wtf? its not like it blew up, they didn't run it after he pulled it, they're saying its not what they ordered. Fix it.

My preference is Al Pappito@ Boss 330 racing :rockon:

ShortThrow50

Always buyin cheap tires
Established Member
as much as it sucks, its just like the underwear with the skidmarks (returning opened pack of underwears). Thats why i was saying about leaving the block alone and sending it back. I hope the best for you. Its sucks going through this. Im positive you will get it worked out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread