Upgrade Time - SVTP Needs a New Server (or 2)

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
Thanks for all you do Travis.

View attachment 1482846

Sent from my potato using Tapatalk

Thank you Sir.

Interested to hear what kind of hardware you want to spec out for this? Are you running this out of your basement or something? I know the DNS service SVTP currently uses is Cloudflare as well, but would love some insight on the actual specifics.

Just wondering how you did the cost analysis and what kind of bandwidth/storage SVTP uses and what the requirements are?

I am 100% AWS and with no upfront reserve pricing and things like cloudfront + Route53 I think this site can be build to be fairly bullet/futureproof for a long while.

I don't really like going into detail on our setup.

I didn't realize I had adblocker on (pre-installed work puter). So I whitelisted SVTp. Will consider going premium here once I get some moonies

Thank you Sir.

This. I'm a Cloud Architect and have moved 400+ apps to AWS for a Fortune 10 organization, but I'm contracting now.

Using on-demand resources can get expensive, but you can take 30% off the top with a 1-year RI purchase or 70% off with a 3-year RI purchase. Using smaller T2.medium instances in auto-scaling for your web tier keeps cost down while it scales down at night during less demanding times. RDS is generally more expensive than an EC2+DB, but if it gives you time back from having to manage the DB it may be worth it. If you have any Non-prod environments for upgrades and testing, turn that shit off at night and back on only when you need it.

There are tons of ways to cut costs in AWS, you just need to know what to look for.

I'll take a look at it again at some point, but for now I like running our own hardware.

Bought some membership cause my PayPal says so but not sure what it actually means lol

Thank you Sir.

My wife overpaid my PayPal. I may throw a few bucks into it. @SID297 i didn’t get my paycheck last week.

Thank you Sir.

@SID297 I was just at paypal. Not sure what the $4.95 shipping is.

It tricks PP into giving me your address so we can send you stuff.

I shall go FORTH and do the adblocker thing for sure. Also, I've been here so long and I don't think I've had a membership, guess I should change that.

Thank you Sir.

That's not a bad idea. We may do that sometime in the future.

I'm not as baller as Nick.

Travis don't send me anything. I have 2 shirts and I still have the old svtp sticker waiting to go on something.

View attachment 1483110

Thank you Sir.

just how much are you willing to put up on that bet?

Thank you Sir.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
Just became a Premium Member. Don't have Pay Pal so I paid through credit card.
I was actually meaning to do this a couple of weeks ago.

Smooth

Well Seasoned
Established Member
dbl409.jpg

I hear I can look forward to something "Real Nice".

Coiled03

Established Member
Don't have a paypal account anymore, so I whitelisted SVTP. It's not much, but it's something.

Users who are viewing this thread