• hell no your car would look like a ricer

Votes: 70 66.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

VirtualSVT

lolololololololololol
Established Member
I just got my car back from the body shop.

pc1301170ym.jpg

pc1301192vt.jpg

pc1301076ob.jpg

VirtualSVT

lolololololololololol
Established Member
blk04cobra1 said:
I have to say, they do look good...is the light output that much greater than stock?

Oh yeah. on low they flood a wider area with more light. The high beams are a higher output than if you had on your low beams and turned on the high beams like you were flashing somebody.

Its pretty hard to take a pic of it.

TheHolyCobra

Widened 10th Wheel Guy...
Established Member
VirtualSVT said:
Oh yeah. on low they flood a wider area with more light. The high beams are a higher output than if you had on your low beams and turned on the high beams like you were flashing somebody.

Its pretty hard to take a pic of it.

Are you going to get a different set of bulbs for those projectors? I heard that silverstars are nice, but then again I hear that they aren't as good looking or as bright as the eBay bulbs that pj_rage found a while back. Let us know what you are going to do bulb wise. I like those projectors, but then again I don't know how they would look on a Torch Red car. :shrug:

THC

Kovachian

Me vs. Earth
Established Member
Don't waste your money on silverstar. They're every bit as dim and yellow as cheap old halogens but yet they cost alot more. The only thing that extra money pays for is the nifty packaging.

Once you see the light (yes, pun intended) with HID, I can practically guarantee anyone you'll never want to go back.

navi243

Established Member
CY98Cobra said:
I have those projectors but obviously for a 96-98. I like them alot. Nobody else has them and the light output is much better. The brights on them are unbelievable. I put black on my car, the chrome was too much bling for me.

can we please see pics of your headlights

BLK03SVT10TH

Mods? What Mods??
Established Member
VirtualSVT, which Vendor on Ebay did you buy yours from, was it K2Motor?

I tried the link you posted, but one of the take me to 6 selections with 3 vendors and the other one no worky.

cobra29svt

Established Member
im 50/50 on this topic.if i did get them, they would be black. the pair i like are a diferent style than the pics in this thread.i have hid's on my 03 and everyone says you cant use them w/ projectors so i guess that ends the debate for me. on a 2nd note. i have a set of projectors on my 95 which i paid over $400 for when they first came out and they are JUNK!! :mj: think im gonna buy the black 1 piece headlights for the 95 that have the corner lights made into the headlights like the 99-04 stangs.anything to get rid of those p.o.s

Last edited:

optx002

Established Member
Ill say this one more time. you CAN NOT fit hid's in these projector housings. The auctions/websites/manufacturers clearly state this.

You need to retrofit custom projectors or just use HID bulbs in your original housing. :bash:

Blk03SVTCobra

Established Member
CY98Cobra said:
They are plug and play. They come with all the wiring and have a plastic connector that plugs into the factory headlight connector. Very easy to install and remove.

Here's a pic with the lights on at night. I don't have any during the day.
highbeamsfront.jpg

CY98Cobra said:
No, they came with standard yellow halogen bulbs. I'm using bulbs from here http://search.stores.ebay.com/Your-...fsooZ1QQfsopZ1QQftsZ2QQsaselZ60030758QQsofpZ0 They are great. Much better than standard or silverstar bulbs.

So, suffice to say, you can change-out/replace the bulbs that come with them?? I would really like an answer to this...

If so, then that is exactly what I was looking for and I would like to thank you very much for posting about these... I have been looking for something to match this plug-and-play HID kit :rockon:

Oh Three Cobra

Established Member
I did some searching and apparently these projector lights take H3 bulbs for the lowbeams and H1 for the highbeams. Both those are avalable in xenon so I don't see why it would not work. One of the vendors selling those projector lights stated that they can be fitted with hids.

Last edited:

SpectorV

Established Member
silverstar's are a slight upgrade from OEMs... but not very much. i see better at night but its not a night and day difference or anything.

TheHolyCobra

Widened 10th Wheel Guy...
Established Member
optx002 said:
Ill say this one more time. you CAN NOT fit hid's in these projector housings. The auctions/websites/manufacturers clearly state this.

You need to retrofit custom projectors or just use HID bulbs in your original housing. :bash:

He is right, this is what I just found on one of the eBay auctions for the 99-04 Projector Headlamps.

HIDSpecs.jpg

THC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread