Van's 13-6 kit

NELCO

Established Member
I just installed my 13-6 kit from [email protected] S___! I have a 91 and 100 octane tune, I put all the parts on gapped the plugs. I loaded the 91 tune and took her out for a spin.....................I was doing about sixty and nailed it thinking i was in third gear.The supercharger whine was great and the car took off. I slowed down and realized i was in fourth gear when i did the pull, I am thinking what???? No way could it pull like that in fourth. I slow down to sixty put in third and nail it, She took took off like a rocket and just kept pulling. I slowed down to about fifty and did a second gear pull through third...I am so impressed with this kit...I can't tell you more bad ass this car is.....Call Van and order it now..I will put the 100 tune in next weekend... I can't wait to see how it she goes then...My Thanks to VAN THE MAN and JON LUND TUNING..
Van i will call you and order shifter and hood struts..:beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer: NELCO

Black Thunder 715

Established Member
I just installed my 13-6 kit from [email protected] S___! I have a 91 and 100 octane tune, I put all the parts on gapped the plugs. I loaded the 91 tune and took her out for a spin.....................I was doing about sixty and nailed it thinking i was in third gear.The supercharger whine was great and the car took off. I slowed down and realized i was in fourth gear when i did the pull, I am thinking what???? No way could it pull like that in fourth. I slow down to sixty put in third and nail it, She took took off like a rocket and just kept pulling. I slowed down to about fifty and did a second gear pull through third...I am so impressed with this kit...I can't tell you more bad ass this car is.....Call Van and order it now..I will put the 100 tune in next weekend... I can't wait to see how it she goes then...My Thanks to VAN THE MAN and JON LUND TUNING..
Van i will call you and order shifter and hood struts..:beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer: NELCO
Sorry for my stupid question but what is a 13-6 kit?:shrug:

Tytus2012

Established Member
Op did u get the mono or dual blade throttle body? And have u had any hang ups? I have the 13-4 kit every but throttle body

NELCO

Established Member
:beer::beer::beer:Tytus, I got the dual blade 65mm because that is what VAN from REVANRACING.COM recommened. NO Hangups the car runs great, and so much more power just on 91 tune..,,my freind Norton needs to add this tune . Unless you are doing quarter mile drags, I would not change gears.. Traction and horsepower is the key...The ford lowering springs and BMR suspension has changed my car so much..I love it.
NELCO

BAS

Established Member
Nelco... I just put in an order for the full monte... BMR, lowering springs, 13-6, 3.73s ... And shelby front camber plates: I just can't wait!!

Tytus2012

Established Member
:beer::beer::beer:Tytus, I got the dual blade 65mm because that is what VAN from REVANRACING.COM recommened. NO Hangups the car runs great, and so much more power just on 91 tune..,,my freind Norton needs to add this tune . Unless you are doing quarter mile drags, I would not change gears.. Traction and horsepower is the key...The ford lowering springs and BMR suspension has changed my car so much..I love it.
NELCO

Yeah van recommended the same tb to me to. still waiting till I get my mpss. Hey do you have any clunking or squeaking from your rear mods?
I have steeda billet lca bmr adj uca with mount, bmr relocation brackets, ford racing L springs, bmr adj panhard bar. I sometimes hear some clunking over bumps like metal is hitting metal. And some squeaking

Fordfourlife

Established Member
I want to do the 13-6 kit but am worried about the stock clutch holding up to the extra power and the potential of voiding my warrenty.

NvrEnfHP

Established Member
Unless you are doing quarter mile drags, I would not change gears.. Traction and horsepower is the key...The ford lowering springs and BMR suspension has changed my car so much..I love it.
NELCO

Can't disagree with this more. I have 3.73's and the car is so much better driving around town.

Gears are just as much of a must have as the 13-6 kit and tires.

railroad

Established Member
I am looking at the kit and gears for my first upgrades. The increase in response and improved driveability are enough to warrant the purchase, but how well does the kit do on the dyno? It sounds like it puts more under the curve. Not necessarily looking for big numbers.

F8l Vnm

Established Member
It's like easy money with these cars once you starts modding them. They go from an already fast car to insane. Congrats on the mods

BIRDDOC

Established Member

It's amazing what comes out of your mouth with Revan Racing
modification kits..

Holy Sh**!
Mother Fu****!!
Fuc*** A!!
Unfu*** Believable!!

And My Favorite... Mother of God!!!! :)

LOL.. Wait until you add a pulley!!:)

If you get in trouble for explicit language following a Revan
Racing Mod Kit...remember just blame it on Van!

Myfast70

Established Member
LOL at BirdDoc, he would know better than most! His car hauls for sure!! I'm anxious to see what his next big round of mods will be??

Van@RevanRacing

Right on NELCO!! Glad you got everything installed and you are enjoying the car! Thanks for the business and support! Let me know if you need anything and I look forward to speaking with you again in the near future. My stocking order for Barton Shifters is hopefully shipping next week and I'll get a shifter out ASAP. I have not added them to my website until I physically have them available to ship.

x2. I'm not ready to flash mine yet, but this is the kit I will eventually install, along with 3.73 gears.

Right on Norton! :beer:

Nelco... I just put in an order for the full monte... BMR, lowering springs, 13-6, 3.73s ... And shelby front camber plates: I just can't wait!!

Thanks BAS and everything is coming together nicely. Just waiting on one or two of the items to come in and we'll be boxing everything up and sending it down under! Thanks for the business!! :beer:

I want to do the 13-6 kit but am worried about the stock clutch holding up to the extra power and the potential of voiding my warrenty.

There are more people running the 13-6 Kit with the stock clutch than there are with aftermarket clutches. My customer that ran 193 MPH at the Texas Mile did so with the 13-6 Kit and a stock clutch. In fact he's still running the stock clutch.

2013 GT500 Runs 193.6 MPH - March 2013 Texas Mile Stock Supercharger with Bolt Ons - YouTube

I am looking at the kit and gears for my first upgrades. The increase in response and improved driveability are enough to warrant the purchase, but how well does the kit do on the dyno? It sounds like it puts more under the curve. Not necessarily looking for big numbers.

My car made 691 through the stock exhaust with just a 13-6 kit at sea level and NO PULLEYS. Most cars are going to see anywhere from 665 to near 700 RWHP. (every car and every engine is different) If you opt for the 10% OD pulley and you have 93 octane or better fuel 700 RWHP is no problem and the torque is amazing.

It's amazing what comes out of your mouth with Revan Racing
modification kits..

Holy Sh**!
Mother Fu****!!
Fuc*** A!!
Unfu*** Believable!!

And My Favorite... Mother of God!!!! :)

LOL.. Wait until you add a pulley!!:)

If you get in trouble for explicit language following a Revan
Racing Mod Kit...remember just blame it on Van!

Yeah, just blame it on me. There are wives and girlfriends all over the world blaming me for a lot of things on a daily basis because of these kits!!

You're killing me BIRDDOC!! :lol: :beer:

Last edited:

HAMMRHEAD

Established Member
They go from an already fast car to insane.

For the majority of us - This pretty much sums up Van's 13-6 kit.

(Though a few maniacs require a bit more;-))

The only thing stopping me from doing 3.73's is traction as my MT's are already struggling in 1st.

Prolly do them this Summer anyway...:-D

Devious_Snake

PSR Major!
Established Member
I already have a 3.73's waiting in the shed. The car has suspension mods, CAI, 2.4pulley and a tune. Simple mods and it hauls ass. I am doing a 65TB soon and headers. Have NT555R 305 mounted on the stock wheels. Thus far the car drives like stock until you hammer it....then your like " Umm holy *&%$!" Trust me, suspension mods and more traction will help corral the beast.

warranty can eat me right now, the car is a blast to drive! still on the stock clutch too

Users who are viewing this thread