very annoying rattle

Kask65

Established Member
hi im hoping SOMEONE can help me. Ive had my 04 cobra for about two months now and recently after getting a 4 wheel alignment ive been hearing a very noticable rattle when going over small bumps or even just slight surface change. not sure if it has anything to do with the alignment. ive done some research and have heard alot of people with this problem have found that this problem was fixed when replacing the front anti rattle clips. the sound is coming from the front right of the car, but sometimes sounds like it is right inderneath the cabin like the driveshaft rattleing or something. i believed the anti rattle clips would solve my problem but the more i hear the rattle the more i dont really think its the clips. especially because i can still hear it even when pressing the brakes. also there is no play at all in the calliper when i use my hand. im not at all a mechanic so im really just trying to get some kind of input. thanks alot for any help.

CobRoush-00

Established Member
I would definitely start with the clips. They are not expensive and can be found on ebay. I used to have the same problem and it drove me nuts for a while. Changed the clips and no more rattling noise. Hope it's the same for you.

hotcobra03

Established Member
fwiw,,other than wheel bearings,,1 part on front end i replaced causing this very issue..

FRAME MOUNT SWAY BAR BUSHINGS

mrose75

Established Member
The heat shields on one of my cats busted a weld that rattles at certain RPMs.... So annoying and makes me feel like I'm driving a heap. Gotta get that fixed soon. But I am oversensitive with my Cobra right now as I recently upgraded a few mods and am questioning what ever little sound I here is. Paranoia.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread