VIDEO=Doc's GTO Vs. Modded 04 Cobra

Doc GTO

Local 10 sec Caddie
Established Member
03cobrarocks said:
yea cobras arent too good from a roll with the Heaton... I dunno how many times I tell people! its all about from a stop baby! thats why you got to have the traction!

True, rolls are for fat chicks! We just didn't have the time or ability to dig race. I like digs better, that's why I wear 275 BFG G-Force drag radials on the rear - all the time! :rockon:

RixSikcobra04

Ha, you know I love ya guys but y'all kill me with the "roll racing is this or that" stuff. I'd rather race from a dig also but obviously we don't have the convinience of having a dragstrip handy everytime we get challenged...and I'd be willin' to bet that there ain't one dude on here who hasn't raced from a roll out on the stree/freeway...and if someone tries I'd be the first to call BS:burnout:

So lemme get this straight...Cobra's aren't good roll racers?:??: Ummm, ok. Last time I checked my dynograph it looked pretty damn good throughout the whole rpm band...and I'll just throw a tad(or so;-) )of N20 in there if it gets too heat soaked. I guess if ya go all out on the freeway for an hour, ya might run inot some problems...like cops maybe. 1-2 runs=no prob.:beer:

JMD0346

Established Member
RixSikCobra said:
Ha, you know I love ya guys but y'all kill me with the "roll racing is this or that" stuff. I'd rather race from a dig also but obviously we don't have the convinience of having a dragstrip handy everytime we get challenged...and I'd be willin' to bet that there ain't one dude on here who hasn't raced from a roll out on the stree/freeway...and if someone tries I'd be the first to call BS:burnout:

So lemme get this straight...Cobra's aren't good roll racers?:??: Ummm, ok. Last time I checked my dynograph it looked pretty damn good throughout the whole rpm band...and I'll just throw a tad(or so;-) )of N20 in there if it gets too heat soaked. I guess if ya go all out on the freeway for an hour, ya might run inot some problems...like cops maybe. 1-2 runs=no prob.:beer:

There's only one way I know what my car's strongest point is. Im no stranger to the rain.

When I got pulled by an LS1 with a 75(he said) shot when I was at 444/456 I came to the conclusion that maybe these setups werent the best for roll racing. The same night I went 11.80.

On the opposite end I did pull a new 600R bike from 70ish to 150+.

Dyno graphs are cool but they dont tell the true story. Have you ever ran your car on a dyno and as soon as it slowed down hit it again and then maybe again and then maybe again? Thats kinda how roll racing goes right? It gets pretty heated Id say and in no way makes the same power it will under "Dyno" conditions.

Let me also say that I dont knock your opinion at all Rick. You have thrown alot at it and it runs hard. I wish I had the "I dont give a fu$$" to run the juice.

Last edited:

RixSikcobra04

I appreciate ya respectin', back at ya:beer:

I think that in the end we mean the same thing and understand these cars...just difference in perspective is all.:beer:

Nuke61

Smoke 'em if you got 'em
Established Member
MMA Fan said:
So in your case you were able to do that.
That blower kit is a fantastic deal for $ 2700, maybe you can hook me up with some deals like that.
Most can't mod that car in that manner, as far as the deals and cheap/free labor go.
Anyhow nice going.
I agree about it being a killer deal, but installing a supercharger isn't a big deal. I installed the S-Trim on my car in 5 days, working anywhere from 5 to 8 hours a day, about 30 hours total time, taking my time and working alone. The only tool that I needed other than a normal set of sockets and wreches was a heavy duty 1/2" drive breaker bar and a 4' pipe extension -- needed to torque the crank bolt after I drilled and pinned it.

Now, this is on a C5, so I don't know how cramped a GTO engine bay is, but I suspect it's not much different. Take out the radiator and fans, slide the condenser to the side, remove wheels and ball joints, remove steering rack, drill and pin crank. Install SC stuff and put the car back together. Time consuming, sure, but not very difficult.

Last edited:

TORNATIC!!

Established Member
Doc GTO said:
I guess so. It took me $1800 to get my goat in the 11s from 13.50s and then another $3500 to get it into the 10s, but I changed out my main power adder from N2O to a supercharger. I could have spent less and gave it a bigger shot but I wanted that power all the time!

Only about $5300 to get you into 10's!!:bowdown: That's not bad considering the average KB on a Cobra will cost you $5000.

Snorman

Gaining fast...
Established Member
TORNATIC!! said:
Only about $5300 to get you into 10's!!:bowdown: That's not bad considering the average KB on a Cobra will cost you $5000.
You can go 10's in an '03/'04 Cobra for a whole helluva' lot less than $5000. Ported Eaton cars have done it with and without spray.
S.

Users who are viewing this thread