Viper or GT500

Which would you get?

• Viper

Votes: 188 46.2%
  • GT500

Votes: 219 53.8%

• Total voters
ac427cobra

Do you have a coilover on your Cobra R? Or are there 2 passengers in the car in those pics? Your R looks killer and it sounds absolutely awesome in those racing videos of you at the track. Booyaaaa! :rockon:

Alphahunter

Automotive Connoisseur
Established Member
01cobravortech said:
Do you have a coilover on your Cobra R? Or are there 2 passengers in the car in those pics? Your R looks killer and it sounds absolutely awesome in those racing videos of you at the track. Booyaaaa! :rockon:
Could you post the vids?

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
ac427cobra said:
No worry, the splitter comes off and is installed with Dzus fasteners. :-D

But there are some other things I have done to the car that I have at times questioned my original thinking? Like welding in the roll cage! :dw:

OTOH, at this time, I have NO regrets because I have had so much fun with the car it was worth every cent I paid for it. I've already gotten my money's worth out of the car! The people that I have given rides in the car have had amazing fun. They just keep lining up for rides. It's definitely the most fun you can have with your clothes on!!!

:thumbsup: :coolman: :beer:

ooOOoo, you were scaring me for a little bit there, heh. a roll cage is more understandable if your racing the beast, but it will still take me a while to talk my self into it, LOL.

any chance you will be at mid-ohio? heh heh, i sure could use one of those rides. the cobra R(00) has always been one of my dream cars. any time you want to sell it to a poor 18 year old for cheap or lower, im right here HAHA.

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
Ry_Trapp0 said:
ooOOoo, you were scaring me for a little bit there, heh. a roll cage is more understandable if your racing the beast, but it will still take me a while to talk my self into it, LOL.

any chance you will be at mid-ohio? heh heh, i sure could use one of those rides. the cobra R(00) has always been one of my dream cars. any time you want to sell it to a poor 18 year old for cheap or lower, im right here HAHA.

I'd love to go to Mid-Ohio but I don't have any plans in the near future? It's a great track! Learned to drive there in the rain. Got a great save on tape too:

http://www.burdoc.com/SaveatMid-Ohio_small.mpg (right click and save as please!)

For whatever reason, I don't sell ANY of the special vehicles I have had. This one is my favorite special vehicle. So, no chance of selling it at any price? Sorry. I just keep accumulating cars. :rollseyes

umustdv8

Established Member
Coming from a life time of moding Stangs, I'd be a tough call if spending the same $$ on both cars. Seeing old ladies driving v6 mustang's always sucked. Never felt the Cobra was differentiated enough from other Stangs. Much easier on the wallet to mod a Cobra over the Viper though. That won't change.

I got complements on my Cobra, but not like I do with a Viper. Just driving down the road I see people pointing at me. People do weird stuff I won't even go into. Vipers are sexy and have the performance to back it up. I do however miss the community that surrounds Stangs. Car shows, Moroso, Steeda Stampede, SVTOA, etc., You could always find other Stang dudes and hang out. I just don't see that with the Viper community. "Yeah, but for $5,000 in upgrades, I can beat your Viper with my Cobra". Yeah, and I can beat your Cobra with a 1972 Ford Pinto with a 350 and TT's, so what! I'll have another Cobra some day, but will NEVER sell my Viper.

So, if you just want to go real, real fast, I'd get the Cobra. If you want to look cool, get all the girls, handle awesome, have something you don't see everyday, go fast and feel like a rock star, it's the Viper, baby!

chuckstang

Established Member
I dont know, I think Cobra's are far different from the standard 6er because everyone and anyone seems to know the different and either gives me the thumbs up or the spin your tires sign lol. Neither car is for someone that does not want to get noticed but I agree that buying a Viper is more like buying an exotic, your paying extra for the over the top styling and exclusivity.

Tru_Ice

Banned
dfw99cobra said:
I had this discussion with some friends and thought I'd get the vote of the GT500 crowd. If you could get a viper for near the same price as what you were paying for the GT500, which would you get?

I'd buy a Viper, then sell it, and use that money to buy a 06 ZO6. :coolman:

chuckstang

Established Member
Def! The new z06 is "the" car to have! I almost shat myself when I saw 0-60 under 4 seconds in a car that costs less then a viper.

venams03

Established Member
Sad news for a blue oval guy.

It's looking more and more like a Viper for me. Just paid a visit to the last dealer that was I was hoping would pencil me in for an '07 GT500. Especially taking into account the horrible past I had with my "TICKING" '03. I've been calling since March and dealing with the owner (Jeff Victor) and the FORD Zone Manager; hoping that these guys would take care of me. He wouldn't commit to anything because he still didn't know the number of allocations he was going to receive. Well cross another one off the list. I paid a visit to VICTOR FORD yesterday and asked to speak with him to get an update. Salesperson told me "wait here and I'll go ask him, he's kind of busy" (I thought this was completely strange since the entire dealership was empty with the exception of car salesman?)

She comes back and firmly tells me:

"he's only getting 2 GT500s, they're both sold and we can't put in any orders".

How about that? Well that about puts the nail in the coffin for me. I don't think I'll be waiting around another year and a half to 2 years until the GT500 allocations become "attainable". So if anyone out there knows of a clean late model Viper in the NW chicago burbs, I'm INTERESTED!! PM me!

chuckstang

Established Member
ac427cobra said:
Embarrass is a pretty strong word. I think the cars are pretty equal!

very true, but the new z06 is untouchable for a factory stock performance car at only 65k. Id luv both :rockon:

poopnut2

Lifelong Vagetarian
Established Member
ac427cobra said:
Embarrass is a pretty strong word. I think the cars are pretty equal!

I think the Vette's numbers are significantly better than the new Vipers. However, between the Viper and the GT500, if the GT500 is going to be going for $10-$15K over sticker, the Viper would probably be a better choice considering resale value and eye appeal. Especially since you'll probably be able to get one under sticker with the ZO-6 attracting all of the American Supercar attention right now.

John and Renae

Established Member
The Viper is an amazing car. For the money as a pure speed freak I would probably have to lean toward the Viper.

But...I am a Mustang Enthusiast. It has never been about which one is the fastest out of the box. It is about the car, the history, and the potential lurking under the hood...It has always been about Mustang for me...

Users who are viewing this thread