Visited the Darkside....I'm Baaacckkk!

BlownAway03

Established Member
Sold my 08 Z and came back home to SVT. It was a great car but I was just planning to downsize and get out of the fast car scene for awhile. I had always admired what Ford did with the 13 GT500 but they were always a little out of my price range. Well..... it's amazing how things work out sometimes. After being lowballed into submission by Carmax, I met a great buyer through a wtb thread on one of the vette forums. He was looking for the color and year I had and was a completely awesome guy. I talked to him on a Friday. By the next Friday he was flying in from Florida and picking the car up. He sent payment in advance and didn't even bother looking the car over when he got here. This guy needs to show the tire kickers and lowballers how it's done. I got $9,000 more for the car than Carmax offered me. I had been talking to an independent dealer in Virginia about a 13 Shelby he had in stock. I was a little apprehensive because of the distance and the price of the car. The price was about $5000 about what I needed to keep my payments reasonable to me. Since I had sold my Vette much quicker than I expected I decided to give him a call. I was actually calling just to let him know I was gonna fall back and let the cars depreciate a little more since he was kinda holding it for me. We talked for a bit and he said he didn't wanna be stuck with the car in the winter and would sell for $55,400. I couldn't resist and thought this was a great deal considering the mileage (3931) and options (everything except glass roof, cover, and shaker pro). I bought the car sight unseen and he set up enclosed shipping for me. I got the car yesterday and it's immaculate. Previous owner installed backup camera and even the driver's side Recaro is heated. All of the installs look very professional and clean. This was the most awesome car buying experience I've ever had. I'd like to thank Jarrod at Motorcars Washington for answering all my calls and emails and helping to make getting this car a seamless process. The price he gave me on this car was very fair imo. He probably could've held it longer and gotten more but didn't. I respect him for that and have nothing but good things to say about him. Here's a salesman that actually seemed to care more about helping a customer than maximizing profit for once. Sorry for the long post, here's pics:

Old:
IMAG03601_zps03a859dc.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

New:
IMAG03811_zps5f2d4233.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Last edited:

Grabber07'

Established Member
Had a 2008 JSB Z06 prior to purchasing my 2014 Shelby, NO REGRETS. This car fits my needs perfectly! You will not regret it.

PS. Car turns into an animal with Vans 13-6 kit! This new shleby and its potential is rediculous

nhs156

Established Member
Congrats on your Shelby! Faster than the Z06 ?

I'd imagine it'd clearly be faster in a straight line (from a rolling start), but the Z06 would clearly be much faster around corners/bends. Muscle car vs. sport car.

662HP631TQ

Established Member
No such thing as "The Dark Side" Quit perpetuating that line of thinking. ZO6 is a beast a very nice car. So is the GT500, glad you were able to get everything inline so quickly. Have fun with the 500, it is a BLAST

BlownAway03

Established Member
Thanks guys. I havent really had the chance to open it up yet because my wife is scared of going fast.I haven't taken it out alone yet. I definitely think it's a better all around car than the Z06 though. The interior and tech are way better. The Z had a very dated feeling to it on the inside. I loved the exterior looks of it and how nimble it felt though. I was also a little turned off with GM's basic denial of the LS7 valve issues. I had extended warranty for about 2 more years but just didn't feel completely confident in the engine. I'm gonna get some solo seat time tomorrow so I can really get acquainted with the old girl. Anyone know where I can get 5w50 btw? The car has a Jiffy Lube sticker in the window. Must change oil myself for peace of mind.

BlownAway03

Established Member
No such thing as "The Dark Side" Quit perpetuating that line of thinking. ZO6 is a beast a very nice car. So is the GT500, glad you were able to get everything inline so quickly. Have fun with the 500, it is a BLAST

Take it easy, my man. The dark side thing was a joke. I used that in the title because that's how it's referenced so often on the forums. I would've never gotten the Z if I didn't realize how great of a car it was. Brand loyalty isn't my thing. Ford and Chevy, among others, are producing some great cars right now. I just feel blessed to be in the mix. Especially at the ripe old age of 29.

TORQJNKY

Thanks guys. I havent really had the chance to open it up yet because my wife is scared of going fast.I haven't taken it out alone yet. I definitely think it's a better all around car than the Z06 though. The interior and tech are way better. The Z had a very dated feeling to it on the inside. I loved the exterior looks of it and how nimble it felt though. I was also a little turned off with GM's basic denial of the LS7 valve issues. I had extended warranty for about 2 more years but just didn't feel completely confident in the engine. I'm gonna get some solo seat time tomorrow so I can really get acquainted with the old girl. Anyone know where I can get 5w50 btw? The car has a Jiffy Lube sticker in the window. Must change oil myself for peace of mind.

Had an 08Z here as well prior to buying my 13 GT500. I completely agree with every word above. Congrats on your purchase. A lot of guys use AMSOIL 10W-30 or 10W-40 in these cars in place of the 5W-50. This is from forum member UnleashedBeast who's a lubrication guru:

Factory engine fill is 8.5 quarts

Amsoil 10W-40 – Use this if you have the stock 192* thermostat, or you road race your car for extended sessions. This lubricant requires changing every 12 months or 15,000 miles, whichever occur first.

Amsoil 10W-30 – Use this if you have the Reisch 170* thermostat, and you do NOT road race your car. Street brawls and drag racing is OK with this lubricant. This lubricant requires changing every 12 months or 15,000 miles, whichever occur first.

BlownAway03

Established Member
Had an 08Z here as well prior to buying my 13 GT500. I completely agree with every word above. Congrats on your purchase. A lot of guys use AMSOIL 10W-30 or 10W-40 in these cars in place of the 5W-50. This is from forum member UnleashedBeast who's a lubrication guru:

Factory engine fill is 8.5 quarts

Amsoil 10W-40 – Use this if you have the stock 192* thermostat, or you road race your car for extended sessions. This lubricant requires changing every 12 months or 15,000 miles, whichever occur first.

Amsoil 10W-30 – Use this if you have the Reisch 170* thermostat, and you do NOT road race your car. Street brawls and drag racing is OK with this lubricant. This lubricant requires changing every 12 months or 15,000 miles, whichever occur first.

Thanks a lot. It's always fun getting to know a new car. I learned almost everything I knew about my Terminator from this forum. I know a good bit about this car but know I still have a lot to learn. It's gonna be a fun ride, for sure.

Users who are viewing this thread