Visited the Darkside....I'm Baaacckkk!

TORQJNKY

Thanks a lot. It's always fun getting to know a new car. I learned almost everything I knew about my Terminator from this forum. I know a good bit about this car but know I still have a lot to learn. It's gonna be a fun ride, for sure.

My problem is I've not stopped modding since I bought the damn car :D. These things make huge power with so little mods. Enjoy :beer:

BlownAway03

Established Member
congrats on the new toy. Need more info on that heated Recaro though:thumbsup:

+1

:beer:

Me too. The dealer hasn't gotten back with me on the specifics yet. He says he can contact the original owner for me. I googled it and did find there are tons of seat heater kits out there. What exactly would you guys like to know? I'll see if I can find out.

09Troublemaker

" That don't sound stock"
Established Member
Me too. The dealer hasn't gotten back with me on the specifics yet. He says he can contact the original owner for me. I googled it and did find there are tons of seat heater kits out there. What exactly would you guys like to know? I'll see if I can find out.

I'd like to know the process that he used. I.E. OEM standard bottom and bolt up, etc. I recall reading on another forum that this may be possible... This would help, thanks!

STCobra

STREDEYE
Established Member
Beautiful car. Congrats!! I am currently using Redline 5/50 with no issues here. Will try Amsoil at next oil change. I only have 1300 miles so it'll be awhile but hear it's an awesome oil as well...

Last edited:

BlownAway03

Established Member
I'd like to know the process that he used. I.E. OEM standard bottom and bolt up, etc. I recall reading on another forum that this may be possible... This would help, thanks!

I'll see what I can find out Monday. It does not have a standard bottom though. it's a full Recaro seat. I assume the seat cover was just peeled back and the heating elements inserted. I'm also not totally sure if the bottom and back are heated. I've gotta play with the car some more. It also kinda sucks that only the driver's seat was done cuz now I don't know exactly what to get to match the passenger side up.

BlownAway03

Established Member
Good looking Shelby! That blue is awesome on a Z06, I can see why the guy went high and low for one.

Thanks man. The buyer of my Z was a totally stand up guy. Only took 7 days from initial contact on the forum to picking up the car. He sent a check three days before pickup and didn't even look the car over when I met him at the airport with it.

BlownAway03

Established Member
Does it use the factory heated seat button?

No, i wish it did but here's a pic of it a dealer sent me after first telling me about it. It's pretty clean looking, just not stock looking. If you can't see it good I may have to take a pic of it myself.

9b50bd67-1912-451f-a213-218fcc9ebe94_zpsf7a320c8.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Last edited:

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
You can add heated seats to almost any seat.

Alot of dealer aftermarket companies (same ones that do aftermarket moonroofs and leathers) do them.

I had them added to my 95 Taurus SHO back in 2001.

Great pickup! Enjoy it, love the red!

VegasMichael

Established Member
Very nice acquisition. Funny, A Z06 is actually what I want to get in a couple years, although I have no intention of parting with my Shelby. Enjoy your new ride.

GT500-lolz@MPG

Established Member
Nice congrats! I would like to have a C6 Z as a track toy in the near future... have not had the chance to drive one.

09Troublemaker

" That don't sound stock"
Established Member
I'll see what I can find out Monday. It does not have a standard bottom though. it's a full Recaro seat. I assume the seat cover was just peeled back and the heating elements inserted. I'm also not totally sure if the bottom and back are heated. I've gotta play with the car some more. It also kinda sucks that only the driver's seat was done cuz now I don't know exactly what to get to match the passenger side up.

okay, great:beer:

Users who are viewing this thread