Visited the Darkside....I'm Baaacckkk!

heatsoaked12

Established Member
Honestly, N/A cars are just boring for me no mater what the power level. I think you went in the right direction.

RIO RED SNAKE

4:10's = The Suck
Established Member
congrats on the new ride, your 08 Z was my favorite combo, but post up some more pics, car looks awesome

Upheval

American Muscle Lover
Established Member
Brand loyalty isn't my thing. Ford and Chevy, among others, are producing some great cars right now. I just feel blessed to be in the mix.

Agree on that one. At least on this site, the hateraid doesn't flow as bad as on the Vette site. On the Vette forums, I hear alot of butt hurt speak if I mention the Shelby. I love the fact that I can have such toys at my disposal. Will be hunting for a Viper next.

Congratz on the new ride. Enjoy!:beer:

USV8PWR

Established Member
Does anyone have final production numbers with color breakdowns for the 2013 cars? This color combo seems kinda rare.

Hey OP, very nice car! That is an awesome color combo. And it is rare! To answer your question in 2013, 4,885 Shelby GT500 were built of which only 433 were Race Red. Then of those only 346 of them were Coupes. And of those, only 214 had black stripes. :beer:

BlownAway03

Established Member
Hey OP, very nice car! That is an awesome color combo. And it is rare! To answer your question in 2013, 4,885 Shelby GT500 were built of which only 433 were Race Red. Then of those only 346 of them were Coupes. And of those, only 214 had black stripes. :beer:

Thanks a lot.

BlownAway03

Established Member
Agree on that one. At least on this site, the hateraid doesn't flow as bad as on the Vette site. On the Vette forums, I hear alot of butt hurt speak if I mention the Shelby. I love the fact that I can have such toys at my disposal. Will be hunting for a Viper next.

Congratz on the new ride. Enjoy!:beer:

I've noticed that also. You should take a look at the butt hurt going on right now on CF. I posted a sister thread to this one over there in the C6 Z06 discussion section and it's up to seven pages. Some guys are giving props but there's a lot of hatin' going on too.

machofmanhattan

Established Member
I've noticed that also. You should take a look at the butt hurt going on right now on CF. I posted a sister thread to this one over there in the C6 Z06 discussion section and it's up to seven pages. Some guys are giving props but there's a lot of hatin' going on too.

As normal- much better vibe over here at svtp :rockon: (Despicable_Z from CF). Congrats again on the new ride :banana:

13RaceRedShelby

Established Member
Nice combo! ;)

1386199007_zpsf567944d.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Smackiavelli

Established Member
Welcome back, OP. Your post on Corvetteboredom was very FOX (fair and balanced), but some of those responses . . .

As another former Z06 owner, it's fawkin' embarrassing to watch some of those chromosomally-deficient chest thumpers finger themselves in the corn chasm over their Z06es. Holy Vettecentric retardation! The usual suspects are certainly not disappointing with their effusive frenzy of delusion. Rogain, Lawdork, Roach69, and MBB (which, I'm almost positive, stands for My Balls Bounce) are the prime offenders. Besides coping with unruly combovers that whip them in the mandible bone whenever they drive fast with the windows down, every one of those ball sac Tarzans are completely unplugged from the notion of subjectivity. For example, Rogain--who I'm convinced is a full-on geriatric probably forced to walk the earth with a permanent Foley Catheter insertion--has ordained the Z06 as a better-looking car, that roams the streets in far fewer numbers, than the Shelby. Jesus. I hope that cat's physician scales back the volume and dosage of the morphine he's feeding him (obviously for the pain of that tube shoved bladder deep in his cyclops). I get ten times the attention in my Shelby that I did in my Z06. Among other Mustangs, it stands out very clearly as what it is.

Conversely, the Z06 blended with the other 11,452 Vettes in any given parking lot at any given time. It was far more challenging to identify as a 'special' Vette than the Shelby is as not your mom's Mustang. Case in point: I used to fill my Z06 up at the same local gas station to which I now bring my Shelby. Kids in particular would walk by and not give the Z06 a second look, as if their reaction to it was: "Oh. Look. A Vette. How rare." A couple weeks ago, a gaggle of young bucks, maybe 15, rolled past that same gas station as I was sating the Shelby's thirst. Very different response. One of them recognized the Shelby immediately and enlightened the others:

"Whoaaaaa. Doooooooood. Niiiiiiiice. That's a '13 or '14 Shelby GT500. I can tell by the rims and the open grill. Dayyyuuuuuum! Sweeeeeet. That car is the bomb."

Kid knew exactly what it was and how it was different from other Mustangs. I never experienced such spirited differentiation on the part of passerby when I had my Z06.

If the total production numbers of the Shelby are really more than that of the Z06, the frequency of sightings does not support that fact. At least not in the New York City metro. Including mine, I've seen five GT500es in the six months that I've owned mine. I can't say exactly how many Z06es I've seen, but it has been at least twice that many and probably more than that. Vettes in total? I've probably encountered somewhere on the order of 17,543 in 2013.

As for looks, it's comical the way Rogain and rest of the Clan of the Combover assert the Z06 as a better looking ride, as if that point is not debatable. Rogain is probably one of these guys who vacations in the south of France - he tries to convince the unclothed coeds that his liver-spotted dough pillows look better in a chartreuse mankini than their nubile tailfeathers do in nothing. Hands down.

I'd love to go over there and torch those swooning cads, but I'd be booted, stat, by their hyper-righteous mods. Plus, if any of them are also on Z06Vette.com and recognize the writing style, the thread will go into morgue mode very quickly. They'll remember what used to happen to those at whom the Smackiavellian crosshairs were aimed. Back when I was on their side.

Hey, at least we now know why Chevy put butterfly valves in the Z06's exhaust. Clearly, they were trying to prevent owners overzealous in their blind love for the car from tapping it in the tailpipes.

Last edited:

reason4treason

Established Member
1 awww-sh!t can mess up 100 atta-boys, but it's also the case that 1 skilled and honest salesperson can mend a bunch of the ill will created by numerous unskilled and dishonest salespeople.

great to hear your story

BlownAway03

Established Member
Welcome back, OP. Your post on Corvetteboredom was very FOX (fair and balanced), but some of those responses . . .

As another former Z06 owner, it's fawkin' embarrassing to watch some of those chromosomally-deficient chest thumpers finger themselves in the corn chasm over their Z06es. Holy Vettecentric retardation! The usual suspects are certainly not disappointing with their effusive frenzy of delusion. Rogain, Lawdork, Roach69, and MBB (which, I'm almost positive, stands for My Balls Bounce) are the prime offenders. Besides coping with unruly combovers that whip them in the mandible bone whenever they drive fast with the windows down, every one of those ball sac Tarzans are completely unplugged from the notion of subjectivity. For example, Rogain--who I'm convinced is a full-on geriatric probably forced to walk the earth with a permanent Foley Catheter insertion--has ordained the Z06 as a better-looking car, that roams the streets in far fewer numbers, than the Shelby. Jesus. I hope that cat's physician scales back the volume and dosage of the morphine he's feeding him (obviously for the pain of that tube shoved bladder deep in his cyclops). I get ten times the attention in my Shelby that I did in my Z06. Among other Mustangs, it stands out very clearly as what it is.

Conversely, the Z06 blended with the other 11,452 Vettes in any given parking lot at any given time. It was far more challenging to identify as a 'special' Vette than the Shelby is as not your mom's Mustang. Case in point: I used to fill my Z06 up at the same local gas station to which I now bring my Shelby. Kids in particular would walk by and not give the Z06 a second look, as if their reaction to it was: "Oh. Look. A Vette. How rare." A couple weeks ago, a gaggle of young bucks, maybe 15, rolled past that same gas station as I was sating the Shelby's thirst. Very different response. One of them recognized the Shelby immediately and enlightened the others:

"Whoaaaaa. Doooooooood. Niiiiiiiice. That's a '13 or '14 Shelby GT500. I can tell by the rims and the open grill. Dayyyuuuuuum! Sweeeeeet. That car is the bomb."

Kid knew exactly what it was and how it was different from other Mustangs. I never experienced such spirited differentiation on the part of passerby when I had my Z06.

If the total production numbers of the Shelby are really more than that of the Z06, the frequency of sightings does not support that fact. At least not in the New York City metro. Including mine, I've seen five GT500es in the six months that I've owned mine. I can't say exactly how many Z06es I've seen, but it has been at least twice that many and probably more than that. Vettes in total? I've probably encountered somewhere on the order of 17,543 in 2013.

As for looks, it's comical the way Rogain and rest of the Clan of the Combover assert the Z06 as a better looking ride, as if that point is not debatable. Rogain is probably one of these guys who vacations in the south of France - he tries to convince the unclothed coeds that his liver-spotted dough pillows looks better in a chartreuse mankini than their nubile tailfeathers do in nothing. Hands down.

I'd love to go over there and torch those swooning cads, but I'd be booted, stat, by their hyper-righteous mods. Plus, if any of them are also on Z06Vette.com and recognize the writing style, the thread will go into morg mode very quickly. They'll remember what used to happen to those at whom the Smackiavellian crosshairs were aimed. Back when I was on their side.

Hey, at least we now know why Chevy put butterfly valves in the Z06's exhaust. Clearly, they were trying to prevent owners overzealous in their blind love for the car from tapping it in the tailpipes.

Dude, I literally laughed out loud reading this. Yeah, those guys were doing some serious hatin' over there. A few were cool and gave props, but geesh, some of those guys act like there's no point in driving any other car since the C6Z is out. I repeated many times that I was coming in peace and just sharing my new purchase. I guess leaving the mighty C6Z for a lowly GT500 was as the equivalent to bitch slapping their mommas or something. No love lost for the Z though. It's a great car and no one hardly ever denies that. I held back because I knew the mods would quickly slap my hand if the thread got too rowdy. Also, I did get a little fed up of hearing about popped motors from exhaust valves though and that was a factor in my decision. Kinda sucks GM technically never acknowledged that after all these years.

Users who are viewing this thread