Vmp stage 4 kit

lockman

Established Member
Just received kit today it looks amazing. Due to work requirements I only have 3 hours in between shifts I guess you cold say. So I installed the throttle body and intake they look amazing by the way I hate putting that intake on pia all the way. I'll put the tune and the pulleys on Wednesday when I have time to let her cool. From what I read it's ok to drive for a day or so.

lockman

Established Member
Ok so I installed the throttle body and intake but then I drive a mile and the wench light came on and it wouldn't go over 1500 rpm and it spit and spuddered got it back to the house and now it won't start at all. So my question is would installing the maf backwards cause that because it doesn't have an arrow on it at all so I just put it in with the hole facing the air filter but I spun it around when I got home and still no joy I disconnected the battery and still no joy what did I mess up on hmmmm????

Norton

Long-time SVT Enthusiast
Established Member
Ok so I installed the throttle body and intake but then I drive a mile and the wench light came on and it wouldn't go over 1500 rpm and it spit and spuddered got it back to the house and now it won't start at all. So my question is would installing the maf backwards cause that because it doesn't have an arrow on it at all so I just put it in with the hole facing the air filter but I spun it around when I got home and still no joy I disconnected the battery and still no joy what did I mess up on hmmmm????
I have no first-hand experience with it but, according to a friend, installing the MAF backwards IS possible and does NOT work correctly. (He did so when installing his Revan 13-6 kit.) I don't recall the exact symptoms he experienced, but I THINK they were similar to what you describe.

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
Put the car back to stock. See if that fixes it. Don't modify it again til you take it to someone that knows what they are doing.

lockman

Established Member
Well great advice as I've installed 20 or so cold air intakes and this is the first one that the maf didn't have the direction on it.

lockman

Established Member
Well it's fixed it was the maf. But since Wednesday I won't be working much I'll put the pully and the tune can't wait. And Chris your dumbass isn't needed

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
Well it's fixed it was the maf. But since Wednesday I won't be working much I'll put the pully and the tune can't wait. And Chris your dumbass isn't needed

Dumbass? C'mon bro. Your 1st post in this thread was the least descriptive post I've seen in a long while. Your 2nd post made it sound like you had no idea what you were doing. Your 3rd post totally contradicted that.

However, if I had installed something 20 times, if it wasnt working the 21st time, id probably try putting it back to stock 1st. Get a good nights rest (like someone else reccomended), and try it again in the morning.

But, you got it figured out. Nice recovery.

VNMOUS1

Established Member
Just received kit today it looks amazing. Due to work requirements I only have 3 hours in between shifts I guess you cold say. So I installed the throttle body and intake they look amazing by the way I hate putting that intake on pia all the way. I'll put the tune and the pulleys on Wednesday when I have time to let her cool. From what I read it's ok to drive for a day or so.

Never change the maf without installing the tune.

Do your pulley with the car HOT.

Call with any questions.

BJ

ThomasL

Established Member
To think this could have been me posting this nonsense once upon a time. Glad i live 90 minutes from VMP.

lockman

Established Member
Ok YouTube said to do the pulley cold. I've never done any supercharger work but I'll take your word for it your the expert. So I'll tackle that tonight since I won't have to be to work early tomorrow

Devious_Snake

PSR Major!
Established Member
The heat helps with pulling the pulley off and pushing it on. Youtube is helpful, somtimes. But you have the sources right here on this forum. Use them.

Users who are viewing this thread