VMP's Rouscharged TVS 2011 5.0 ran 10.32

kevinp

Established Member
Wonder what it would run right off the street with just 93 in it? I know that shop's are always trying to get the best numbers, and they're definitely getting it done, just like to see pump gas/dd type numbers too. :thumbsup:

I have one on order from VMP with their tune, hopefully I'll let you know soon. I'm just going to do the blower, VMP 93 tune, drag radials on stock wheels, LCAs and relocation brackets and thats it.

I weigh ~125lbs more than Rebbecca does though, if I get it done soon enough I should be able get into near sea level air so we'll see..

Terminator_NJ

Established Member
Here you go.

IMG00034-20110117-1722.jpg

Man that is a clean stock looking, but meaner, engine bay. Does Roush make a tower bar that fits under oem hood with that setup?

Justin@VMP

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Wonder what it would run right off the street with just 93 in it? I know that shop's are always trying to get the best numbers, and they're definitely getting it done, just like to see pump gas/dd type numbers too. :thumbsup:

I tune the car on the dyno with 93, and then run torco at the track for some safety margin. At the lower boost levels, I've got the cal dialed in real well to not get any knock retard. At higher boost, we have started running race gas, just because the fuel system is maxed out and the race gas has a little higher energy content than E10 pump gas. I believe that 10-12psi on pump gas would not be a problem with larger injectors or a boost referenced fuel system.

Terminator_NJ

Established Member
wOW. i dont want to hijack this threat, but I have to ask anyone at vmp, why you chose the Roushcharger over FRPP Whipple/Centrifugal/etc.

Everyone seems to keep saying all over the blog/forum world that even the new version of the Eaton tvs doesnt match twin etc etc. But man i bet the Roucharger would be plenty for a street car with street tires.

Justin@VMP

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
wOW. i dont want to hijack this threat, but I have to ask anyone at vmp, why you chose the Roushcharger over FRPP Whipple/Centrifugal/etc.

Everyone seems to keep saying all over the blog/forum world that even the new version of the Eaton tvs doesnt match twin etc etc. But man i bet the Roucharger would be plenty for a street car with street tires.

Since I am VMP, I will answer :).

I won't use anything less than the best. The engineering in the Roush 5.0L kit is top notch. Roush does millions of dollars a year in engineering work for Ford and other OEMs. FRPP actually buys the bottom half of the kit from Roush and sell's it as their own with a Whipple head unit, everything else is Roush designed/manufactured.

The engineering that Eaton has done for the 2.3L TVS is also top notch. Eaton is something like a 14-16 BILLION dollar per year company. Anything they produce has to hold up to stringent standards for OEMs like Ford and Chevy to use it. Performance of their products is top notch as well, which is why Chevy chose the TVS for their $130k ZR1.

I have my own version of the 2.3L TVS for GT500s, it has made 816RWHP on my personal car. I recently had an independent flow test on my blower, on an SAE spec test stand. Everything was monitored, inlet/outlet temps, drive torque, and airflow. From that data the isotropic and volumetric efficiency was calculated. The results, when compard to the lysholm 2.3L compressor, were quite interesting.

vmptvstestperfstand.jpg

Terminator_NJ

Established Member

I won't use anything less than the best. The engineering in the Roush 5.0L kit is top notch. Roush does millions of dollars a year in engineering work for Ford and other OEMs. FRPP actually buys the bottom half of the kit from Roush and sell's it as their own with a Whipple head unit, everything else is Roush designed/manufactured.

The engineering that Eaton has done for the 2.3L TVS is also top notch. Eaton is something like a 14-16 BILLION dollar per year company. Anything they produce has to hold up to stringent standards for OEMs like Ford and Chevy to use it. Performance of their products is top notch as well, which is why Chevy chose the TVS for their $130k ZR1.

I have my own version of the 2.3L TVS for GT500s, it has made 816RWHP on my personal car. I recently had an independent flow test on my blower, on an SAE spec test stand. Everything was monitored, inlet/outlet temps, drive torque, and airflow. From that data the isotropic and volumetric efficiency was calculated. The results, when compard to the lysholm 2.3L compressor, were quite interesting.

vmptvstestperfstand.jpg

Sucks you are so far from NJ. I feel the installer is as important as the components. What are your thoughts on keeping stock Roush tune with 3 yr/36k warranty, or Tuner package with only 90 days warranty? And does the 3 yr warranty only cover Roush parts, or Ford drivetrain too?

bad360rt

slo truk
Established Member
I tune the car on the dyno with 93, and then run torco at the track for some safety margin. At the lower boost levels, I've got the cal dialed in real well to not get any knock retard. At higher boost, we have started running race gas, just because the fuel system is maxed out and the race gas has a little higher energy content than E10 pump gas. I believe that 10-12psi on pump gas would not be a problem with larger injectors or a boost referenced fuel system.

Thanks Justin, that's good to know. :beer:

grnenvy

Established Member
Yes

This is why I went with this blower and also purchased it from Justin. :banana:

vmptvstestperfstand.jpg

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
just cruising you wont even know its there if you stay out of boost...they ran to the store while I worked on my car and I never heard the blower while listening for it

kevinp

Established Member
thats what i was hoping for. quiet when you want it to be, and loud and obnoxious when you mash the gas

Mine with the 90mm (7psi) pulley is dead quiet whether idling around or full throttle. I have the GT500 mufflers and otherwise stock exhaust and I have never heard the blower at all.

OrangeMach23

BOOSTIDMACH
Established Member
Wow that's riding out! I am telling you Ford finally got it right with the new Coyote engine! Guess it's time to build the bottom end and turn my boost up!!!!!

92fiveohfox

Established Member
Justin: How much boost can this blower potentially make? I realize a built bottom end is probably needed to turn it up real high. Just curious how close to maxed it is with the boost you are running.

Senkak

SVT Poster
Established Member
Wow that's riding out! I am telling you Ford finally got it right with the new Coyote engine! Guess it's time to build the bottom end and turn my boost up!!!!!

Justin: How much boost can this blower potentially make? I realize a built bottom end is probably needed to turn it up real high. Just curious how close to maxed it is with the boost you are running.

The TVS is good beyond 20lbs. This is based upon my experience with this unit on 03 CObras and GT 500s.

I'm thinking you will see a couple mid 9sec TVS cars.

I agree and my money is on Rebecca doing it.

Users who are viewing this thread