Vortech Boost A Pump Priming problem

str3ck

Established Member
Just seeing if there is any new news. I know it's not been quite a week, but this is directly holding me up.

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Just seeing if there is any new news. I know it's not been quite a week, but this is directly holding me up.

you may or may not have to cycle the key a couple times for priming,

i do not believe there are any issues with the bap not working other than the startup

wazslow

Established Member
Turn the key to the on position for 2 seconds then start it. It will fire up like normal everytime, thats what I do with mine. If I just try and start it, the motor cranks for a bit before it fires. This is with the boost referenced 2011+ specific bap. I only have to do this when starting from cold.

str3ck

Established Member
Turn the key to the on position for 2 seconds then start it. It will fire up like normal everytime, thats what I do with mine. If I just try and start it, the motor cranks for a bit before it fires. This is with the boost referenced 2011+ specific bap. I only have to do this when starting from cold.

this is not how it works with the BAP not priming. not matter how log you wait, the fuel rails never reach the correct pressure.

Jukens

Established Member
this is not how it works with the BAP not priming. not matter how log you wait, the fuel rails never reach the correct pressure.

Just do what I did and get the universal and it will work perfect. Take the hit because it doesn't look like there will be any kind of fix because I was told by vortech that there's something wrong with my car not their bap.

Last edited:

wazslow

Established Member

Well mine will crank and crank before starting unless i turn the key to the on position for a second. And I never hear the pump prime.

RFM50

Established Member
No problems with the universal pump here at all. Just return the boost referenced pump and get a universal.

5PointOHNO

Established Member
OP, I can see why you would want to keep the boost referenced version.

I am happy with my Vortech boost referenced BAP so far. I've done some logging to verify that it's adding voltage and it is.

I hope you get it sorted out soon.

mtrsprt

Established Member
My 2013 Boss is also going lean with a 40A BAP. Installed with soldered connections, and exactly how Evolutions Boss was wired when it put down 834rwhp........ BAP is stepping up the voltage correctly too. Car starts and runs mint, but STFT's are trying to compensate for cammanded Lamda, yet at about 6000rpm, it still starts to lean. Same exact results without the BAP. Wonder if something in the tune can actually hold this back............

Sof Top

boost junkie!
Established Member
My 2013 Boss is also going lean with a 40A BAP. Installed with soldered connections, and exactly how Evolutions Boss was wired when it put down 834rwhp........ BAP is stepping up the voltage correctly too. Car starts and runs mint, but STFT's are trying to compensate for cammanded Lamda, yet at about 6000rpm, it still starts to lean. Same exact results without the BAP. Wonder if something in the tune can actually hold this back............

Yep, doesnt surprise me. Once ammo gets back to normal, my BAP is gonna be a target.

mtrsprt

Established Member
Yep, doesnt surprise me. Once ammo gets back to normal, my BAP is gonna be a target.
It's not the BAP. It's stepping up voltage as intended, but it seems the PCM/pump(s) are not responding it seems.

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
The issue with these BAPs are in the cycling at key on, its in the programming, we had softop some new settings that seen to work, but its not saving them, hopefully have the priming issue fixed soon

str3ck

Established Member
thought i would chime back in here. i've been dealing with Vortech directly on this issue now since I was trying to just change it out. Vortech has a new software for making changes to the BAP. the software is not available to the public yet (matter of fact I was told only 1 other person had it.) anyway this new software fixed my priming issue.

with the new software, I was able to make the needed changes as recommended by the Vortech rep I was dealing with, and the BAP was able to retain the new settings. now, it works like expected.

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
thought i would chime back in here. i've been dealing with Vortech directly on this issue now since I was trying to just change it out. Vortech has a new software for making changes to the BAP. the software is not available to the public yet (matter of fact I was told only 1 other person had it.) anyway this new software fixed my priming issue.

with the new software, I was able to make the needed changes as recommended by the Vortech rep I was dealing with, and the BAP was able to retain the new settings. now, it works like expected.

Cool, soft top has it as well, now if he'd get to testing...

:poke:

Jukens

Established Member
Great now to get reimbursed some how for having to pay the price of a programmable for a universal.

Jukens

Established Member
A little upset about all of this. I originally posted this issue over 9 months ago to be told that it was an issue with my car and was stuck using a universal BAP and never offered any kind of reimbursement for the difference in price only to get the non functioning programmable BAP back. Pretty unreasonable by both the vendor and manufacturer. And if you dig a bit deeper and look into my Paxton install/tuning review you would see that this also caused issues with the tuner as he was making adjustments trying to tune out the priming issue.

Ill_W1N

Established Member
Ive been having this same issue. Heres the response i got from vortech

change the power on delay. It should be currently set at 500ms. Try the settings below.

Start with 40ms time on, and 100ms time off

To Program the unit, load device, make changes, save device, then reset and go

Let me know if this fixes the problem.

They sent an update file with the email. Im getting a new unit my first one was bad all together. Should be here by friday ill let u guys know if it works

Users who are viewing this thread