w00t! Suspension upgrades on their way via Revan Racing

sikryd

Established Member
Just got off the phone with Van from Revan Racing. The following parts will be on there way shortly.

BMR Springs Front and Rear

BMR Panhard Bar

BMR Panhard Support Rod

BMR Upper Control Arm Mount

BMR Upper Control Arm Adjustable

BMR Camber Bolts

I had previously purchased LCA's from Bobs Auto Sports at a great price...

This was my first time purchasing from Van, but not the first time I spoke with him over the phone. I can't say enough about what a great guy he is, very knowledgeable and very helpful. This won't be the last time that I make a purchase from Van, thats a guarantee.

Light was getting low, so not the best location. These pictures are after BMR suspension upgrades.

dsc7793d.jpg

By sikryd at 2011-12-16

dsc7792r.jpg

By sikryd at 2011-12-16

dsc7791w.jpg

By sikryd at 2011-12-16

dsc7790v.jpg

By sikryd at 2011-12-16

dsc7789.jpg

By sikryd at 2011-12-16

dsc7788l.jpg

By sikryd at 2011-12-16

dsc7787e.jpg

By sikryd at 2011-12-16

dsc7786x.jpg

By sikryd at 2011-12-16

dsc7783k.jpg

By sikryd at 2011-12-16

dsc7782w.jpg

By sikryd at 2011-12-16

dsc7782w.jpg

By sikryd at 2011-12-16

dsc7779g.jpg

By sikryd at 2011-12-16

dsc7778g.jpg

By sikryd at 2011-12-16

Last edited:

Van@RevanRacing

Just got off the phone with Van from Revan Racing. The following parts will be on there way shortly.

BMR Springs Front and Rear

BMR Panhard Bar

BMR Panhard Support Rod

BMR Upper Control Arm Mount

BMR Upper Control Arm Adjustable

BMR Camber Bolts

I had previously purchased LCA's from Bobs Auto Sports at a great price...

This was my first time purchasing from Van, but not the first time I spoke with him over the phone. I can't say enough about what a great guy he is, very knowledgeable and very helpful. This won't be the last time that I make a purchase from Van, thats a guarantee.

Thanks Sikryd! Enjoyed our conversation and I look forward to working with you more in the future!

Thanks again.

Van

03 KB Sonic Blue

Established Member
I'm curious to see how cars turns out. Can't wait for results. :burnout:

I'm about to lower car and was gonna contact van for his input.

Will need panhard bar for new wheels and was thinking of trying bmr springs, but haven't seen to many reviews on them.
I'm more of a looks kinda guy than track or strip performance.

sikryd

Established Member
I'm curious to see how cars turns out. Can't wait for results. :burnout:

I'm about to lower car and was gonna contact van for his input.

Will need panhard bar for new wheels and was thinking of trying bmr springs, but haven't seen to many reviews on them.
I'm more of a looks kinda guy than track or strip performance.

I will take some pics and post when I finish the install. Looking at 8 - 10 days of shipping time to Hawaii, once BMR send them.

sikryd

Established Member
I received an email from Van this morning, he had placed my order on hold to take advantage of the 15% discount that BMR is giving for the Thanksgiving holiday. I am extremely happy with the fact that Van was able to save me an additional $88 on my order by waiting a few days. Van really does go the extra mile for his customers...
I have been working on and building cars for 20 year, and have met less than a hand full of people that have my complete customer satisfaction. Van is one of those few... I can not tell you how good it feels to know that Van and Revan Racing has my best interest in mind.
When I am ready to step my Shelby up to make stupid horsepower, Van is the one that I will be calling. Now to find a way to get my Shelby from Hawaii to Florida for the Dyno tune... I think it would be cheaper for me to fly him down to Hawaii and give him a vacation on me.

Van@RevanRacing

I received an email from Van this morning, he had placed my order on hold to take advantage of the 15% discount that BMR is giving for the Thanksgiving holiday. I am extremely happy with the fact that Van was able to save me an additional $88 on my order by waiting a few days. Van really does go the extra mile for his customers...
I have been working on and building cars for 20 year, and have met less than a hand full of people that have my complete customer satisfaction. Van is one of those few... I can not tell you how good it feels to know that Van and Revan Racing has my best interest in mind.
When I am ready to step my Shelby up to make stupid horsepower, Van is the one that I will be calling. Now to find a way to get my Shelby from Hawaii to Florida for the Dyno tune... I think it would be cheaper for me to fly him down to Hawaii and give him a vacation on me.

Mahalo!!

Van

sikryd

Established Member
Did the install Friday night and Saturday day, over all it went pretty well.
Install instructions for the rear springs were non existent, so I had to call Van Saturday morning to ask about direction of the rear coils. I was not sure which direction the closer together coils went, up or down. Got an answer (up), and finished up the rear. The upper control arm bracket was a pain to install, due to the fact that I had to drop the gas tank half way to get old bracket out and new on in (no mention in the instructions).
The Adjustable Panhard rod and brace was easy to install, and was done quickly. I was not able to adjust the pinion angle due to the fact that there is not much room whilst on jack stands and my work area is not level. I will have the alignment guy take care of the pinion angle on Tuesday. Lower control arms were simple to do and straight forward.
The front went the quickest, although I expected it to take the longest. I have never done a spring swap on a coil over strut car, so I was thinking about what a pain a regular coil spring car was with seperating ball joints and such. Got the struts off, took em down to the local Midas to have the springs changed as i do not have the tool for this. $60 and 30 minutes later, I was happy that I had them do it. Got them back in quickly, and the car is done. Looks awesome, perfect amount of drop. I did not have a camera with me, forgot it at my Fiancées house. I will take some pics shortly, and post them up for you all to see.
I love the fact that I can work on my car myself, and save myself a crap ton of money on labor. I would not be able to afford upgrades if I had to pay someone to do it for me.

Van@RevanRacing

Did the install Friday night and Saturday day, over all it went pretty well.
Install instructions for the rear springs were non existent, so I had to call Van Saturday morning to ask about direction of the rear coils. I was not sure which direction the closer together coils went, up or down. Got an answer (up), and finished up the rear. The upper control arm bracket was a pain to install, due to the fact that I had to drop the gas tank half way to get old bracket out and new on in (no mention in the instructions).
The Adjustable Panhard rod and brace was easy to install, and was done quickly. I was not able to adjust the pinion angle due to the fact that there is not much room whilst on jack stands and my work area is not level. I will have the alignment guy take care of the pinion angle on Tuesday. Lower control arms were simple to do and straight forward.
The front went the quickest, although I expected it to take the longest. I have never done a spring swap on a coil over strut car, so I was thinking about what a pain a regular coil spring car was with seperating ball joints and such. Got the struts off, took em down to the local Midas to have the springs changed as i do not have the tool for this. $60 and 30 minutes later, I was happy that I had them do it. Got them back in quickly, and the car is done. Looks awesome, perfect amount of drop. I did not have a camera with me, forgot it at my Fiancées house. I will take some pics shortly, and post them up for you all to see.
I love the fact that I can work on my car myself, and save myself a crap ton of money on labor. I would not be able to afford upgrades if I had to pay someone to do it for me.

Well done Jared.

slocum1946

singularity
Established Member

and I wouldn't be able to afford to mod my car if I did the work myself :)

Van@RevanRacing

Thanks Van, I really appreciate you taking the time to answer my questions on your busy Saturday.

No problem bud. Kids and Taekwondo tests! I was in between sessions and it worked out great. My son is a black belt and watching him spar is almost as good as running a sub 2:00 lap time at Daytona. Nah, watching my kids compete, nothing better. :beer:

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
absolutely killer stance man, your shelby is lookin good!

and yet another person that van obviously paid off to make this thread:D

lkatya

slow 4V
Established Member

Yep, Van won my business for anything related to my GT500. Can't get any better customer service.

Enjoy the new goodies I may be having Van put a little something together for the back of my turd here soon. Maybe I'll be able to 60' the damn thing.
:beer:

Users who are viewing this thread