Walt Disney?

Mad_Marc

Procharged!
Established Member
Hello everyone, currently deployed right now but will return in about 45 days or so.. My wife is a HUGE disney land fan. I take her at least once a year however, since I have been away half the year I would like to take her to Walt disney in Florida this time around. Has anyone been to both disneyland and walt disney? Is it worth flying across the country? I haven't told her yet, its going to be her birthday shortly after I return and planned on booking the trip as a surprise bday vacation. Its going to be WAY more expensive but would like to hear from those who have been to walt disney as I have never been.

Thanks everyone.

kingCOBRAsvt_99

STOCK..looking
Established Member
Not speaking from personal experience but everything I've heard has implied Disney world is way better. I have been to Disney world 4 times and its been fun. Once was after I was 21 which was nice being able to go the club's......that same time there was a wine and beer festival at epcot, I bounced between Germany and Italy for the beer and food.

oldmodman

Established Member
The Florida Disney is Anaheim times ten.

To see even most of it will take four days. Bring comfortable shoes.

I have only been to Florida once and could only stay two days and wanted to stay a lot longer. Friend's kids REALLY didn't want to leave.

And if you have the money to blow stay in one of the theme hotels in the park.

It's super convenient. And women love being able to quickly get back to their "own" bathroom.

Mad_Marc

Procharged!
Established Member
Thanks for the quick responses guys, if i do book the trip, i will be going for a 5 days minimum.

Zemedici

Established Member
The Florida Disney is Anaheim times ten.

To see even most of it will take four days. Bring comfortable shoes.

I have only been to Florida once and could only stay two days and wanted to stay a lot longer. Friend's kids REALLY didn't want to leave.

And if you have the money to blow stay in one of the theme hotels in the park.

It's super convenient. And women love being able to quickly get back to their "own" bathroom.

This, as the Disney hotels normally give you free/discounted park entrance tickets when you book rooms. I love disney, and i'm an adult. :D

I've never been to Cali disney, but my girl and I absolutely love florida Disney. I used to go once a year.

Mad_Marc

Procharged!
Established Member
Military already gets tickets discounted... 169 for 4-day park hopper passes. Hopefully i can get a good deal on the hotel and stay at a disney resort...

ff500

Established Member
Military already gets tickets discounted... 169 for 4-day park hopper passes. Hopefully i can get a good deal on the hotel and stay at a disney resort...

We've been to Disney many times, my wife and I are dvc owners. If your wife is a huge fan I would recommend staying at either the boardwalk or the beach club. You can walk to Epcot and the mgm ( also have shuttle boats ).

Let me know the dates and what type of room you were interested in. We rent our points so I can probably save you quite a bit of money.

xtremeskime21

Established Member
We were just at DisneyWorld over Christmas, it is awesome. We stayed at Bay Lake Resort, and we had the deluxe meal plan. You will remember it forever.

Never been to Disney Land.

Mad_Marc

Procharged!
Established Member
Booked the flight already.. Leaving march 31st at night, arrive in the morning, and staying until april 5th

Stormtrooper5.0

Established Member
Went just about every year as a kid and then lived in tampa for a year and went four or five times during that year. Things to do: Get a park hopper pass so that you can go from park to park as many times in one day, book reservations for meals NOW, and the dining plan is a mega good deal. I'd look in to it for sure. Also, staying at one of the Disney hotels is the best way to go.

ff500

Established Member
Booked the flight already.. Leaving march 31st at night, arrive in the morning, and staying until april 5th

Check in on the 31st or 1st? and check out on the 5th? I can log onto dvc and see what's available for those dates at any of the dvc resorts. I can give you an idea on what it may cost you.

ff500

Established Member
Animal kingdom was available. Deluxe studio with savannah view. 98 points for those dates.

Saratoga Springs was available. Deluxe studio. 84 points for those dates.

Animal kingdom is fun but there's not a whole lot to do at night other than what's in the resort, bar and restaurant.

Saratoga is my wife's favorite, restaurants, bar, pools and you can walk to downtown Disney which has restaurants, bars, shopping and entertainment

All of the resorts have free buses to all the Disney theme parks and downtown Disney also the waterparks but I don't think they are open until late May.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I've been to both. Disney World Orlando is so much better. Plus you have Universal Studio, Epcot, Sea World, Hard Rock Cafe and more all within easy driving distance by car or shuttle. You'll both love it!

allister

Established Member
I've never been to Disnley Land or Disney world, but I have been to Universals City walk many times with friends who live nearby, and once stayed at the Hard Rock Hotel for work. It was a blast and I always enjoy going back. Lots to do.

On a side note, I took a vacation to Myrtle beach one time and stayed at a hotel that had a lazy river. Ever since then, anytime we take a vacation I try to go out of my way to find a resort that has one (just something about floating around big circles with a drink all day). I have noticed that there are 2 resorts in Orlando that have them, which I will probably never stay at just because I have friends I can stay with for free nearby, but they might be worth checking out. The hard rock was really nice but way over priced IMO.

JW Marriott Orlando Grande Lakes (FL) - Hotel Reviews - TripAdvisor

Hilton Orlando (FL) - Hotel Reviews - TripAdvisor

wallie40

Established Member
^ this... They pick you up at the airport, deliver you to your hotel, you can just take a bus to the park of your choice, or the monorail, depending on which hotel you stay at.

-Paul

Kenneth

Established Member

Good time of the year to go, Lines won't be too long to get on the rides.
Bring a light jacket for nighttime adventures.

xenodragon

Established Member
I have been to both many times and Disney World (Florida) is MUCH better than Disneyland (cali). Epcot is by far my favorite park, the food and drink there are great and at night the lights are really cool. As other people have said, try and stay on the property at one of the disneyworld hotels, will make traveling back and forth from the parks easier.

You will wnat to see these parks

Disney (duh)
Epcot
Hollywood Disney (old MGM), another one of my favorite parks

Users who are viewing this thread