Want my A6 to shift HARD, which tune?

htk084

Established Member
Hey I have a completely stock 2012 GT with the 6 speed auto, and the one complaint I have is that it shifts too soft. Which tuner should I go with to make this car shift like proper performance car and realy make those shifts bang out? Thanks!

htk084

Established Member
Looks like bbr is the best, what about VMP? I heard good things about them especially since they own an automatic.

Also, power wise, do these coyote's gain anything worthwhile from just a tune and no mods?

N20D5OH

Established Member
Looks like bbr is the best, what about VMP? I heard good things about them especially since they own an automatic.

Also, power wise, do these coyote's gain anything worthwhile from just a tune and no mods?

Yes, they gain plenty. I have no cats and a tune. I put 4 cars on a $150k, 560hp Mercedes Amg SL63 this morning from a dig. They are pigs but the guy was just a tad upset.

KrisR

Established Member
I can recommend contacting Mike Rousch from Mid Atlantic Performance in VA. He has been tuning my 2011 A6 car. He also has his own personal Coyote automatic car so he has been working on getting calibrations just right for these cars for quite some time now.

He will set it up exactly how you want it for both part and full throttle shifting. He got mine very close to exactly what I wanted on the first tune file he sent me, and has made some incremental changes since then to tailor it to my wants/needs. The part throttle shifts in my files are quick but not jarring, and the WOT is pretty aggressive with the 1-2 shift spinning the tires pretty good and a nice little 2-3 chirp. Want it to knock your socks off every shift? He can do that too, if you prefer.

Mine shifts at 7400 1-2, 7500 2-3, and 7600 3-4 with my Boss manifold, which is what I wanted.

Contact Mike - you will not be disappointed. He takes great pride in tailoring your automatic tune for exactly what you want.

truebluedevil02

Captain Jackstands
Established Member
My bama tune make the car shift pretty hard, no complaints on my end. This is the 2nd car I have had BAMA tune with great results. I'm going back to the track to see what a tune did for my ET's.

hot1le

Established Member
My jpc tune shifts very hard at wot. It will chirp my drag radical at the track. At normal driving has a nice crisp engagement .

John@Lethal

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
We have lots of Auto customers with a Lund Racing tune who are very happy.

Coming from personal experience, I bought my brother a SCT 3015 with a Lund tune for his 2011 with just some bolt ons. I've driven all the MT-82 cars we've had here, but this was the first time I've tested an auto. Before, it did seem slow and sluggish and clearly had room for improvement. Once I loaded the tune for him and test drove the car, I was amazed. The shifts were crisp, quick, and man it moved out. Needless to say, he was eager to take on a friends Hemi with ease.

If you want to give a Lund Tune a shot, give me a shout. You'll be more than happy.

Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread