Want Smoother Shifts? Try This!

Status
Not open for further replies.

-Luke-

Thanks mate we feel the same way about the cars your guys get! The mustangs that made it to Aus where horrendously expensive (in excess of 80K Aud) and the RHD conversion was horrible!

Blk4V00GT

Established Member
Put the 2. Washers in mine last night and switching to pensoil syncromesh, hopefully will have her all back together later today

Blk4V00GT

Established Member
Exactly what I run...winning Combo sir!

Cruisin around on the street seemed a little smoother but nothing crazy, ran at the local track last night on street tires just to see how shifting was and its 10x better. I can shift soo much faster now.

Very happy I did this mod.

31BCobra

#60 04' Cobra - Torch Red
Established Member
Gonna try this out when I put the new starter in, Synchromesh already made it light years better... cant wait to try this out !

31BCobra

#60 04' Cobra - Torch Red
Established Member
Also, with all the positive feedback this mod has recieved shouldnt it be a sticky by now ?
Or at least in a thread of "Important Mods" that is stickied ? Just seems like it should be up there with the MGW shifter thread :shrug:
Can't believe that I just now seen this thread after over a year of it being up :nonono:

ROADSTR6

Deficient SVT Poster
Established Member
I'm sure the thread hasn't gotten as much traction because it was created by a person who has a low post count. It's not that I'm a newb. I just don't post much. My feeling is that if I don't have anything significant to contribute then I generally just keep quiet. I try to keep current with all things Cobra related but I just don't have the time to be on here constantly. I really do think it's a good mod. It made a world of difference for me but if it doesn't make it to the top of the pile as a sticky then so what? Those of you who have tried it with success know what it's about. The way I see it, this cheap little mod just gives us a tiny, microscopic edge over the guys who don't know about it or are too skeptical to try it. I guess it'll just be our little secret. Anti-venom mod FTW!

ROADSTR6

Deficient SVT Poster
Established Member
Calling it anti-venom mod on a cobra is gay.

I have to agree that the name is pretty damn gay but it originated in a Corvette forum so what do you expect? I didn't name it. The original post explains that this mod was gleaned from the Z06 Forum archives where the guys over there do basically the same mod on their T56's. They coined the term, "anti-venom." I assume the venom they are speaking of is that of a Viper and not necessarily a Cobra but we all know that there are pleny of Terminators out there that will take a Z's lunch money. We could re-name it over here to something a little less gay. Any ideas?

Last edited:

MalcolmV8

Established Member
No ideas on names dude. I suck at naming things :) lol. The mod however is sweet. I did this way back when you first started this thread and have loved it ever since. My friends and I just refer to it as the "shifter mod" but that's sorta misleading too. We know what it is but someone else would think we're meaning the shifter literally. I've also heard the "washer mod". We should probably just call it the "anti-T56" mod cause these trannies suck to shift haha.

SVT_Troy

Established Member
Thats alot of pages to go through....basically through my skiming i see that this simple mods works..... But do you really have to remove the tranny for it is what I want to know...

nooner

Established Member
Thats alot of pages to go through....basically through my skiming i see that this simple mods works..... But do you really have to remove the tranny for it is what I want to know...

Some have been able to do it without dropping the tranny and explain how. I suggest reading back through this thread to find out how. I did mine when the tranny was dropped for a TOB/clutch replacement.

forcefedcobra

Established Member

no need to drop the trans. short socket with an elbow and extension to crack it loose. cram your hand in there to remove it. install washers and cram your hand back in there to get it threaded in and use socket to get the last bit of torque on it.

Svtracer

Established Member
just picked up my 03 cobra and wot shifting is impossible. my gt never had this problem I will be doing this about tomorrow. Anyone have a steeda tri-ax with this mod?

Senkak

SVT Poster
Established Member
just picked up my 03 cobra and wot shifting is impossible. my gt never had this problem I will be doing this about tomorrow. Anyone have a steeda tri-ax with this mod?

Installing a new fire wall adjuster and quadrant will help with the shifting significantly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread