Want Smoother Shifts? Try This!

Status
Not open for further replies.

my92gt

Established Member
So here's the difference the first top 3 are the new versions M20,3/4" S.O. and the last 2 are the old version 13/16",M20
496d3575.jpg

The one that says free gift is the number in the back and it's for the 13/16 m20
459703e2.jpg

Last edited:

my92gt

Established Member
Literally just finished installing them and test driving the car.. Made most of the difference on reverse but maybe because I haven't installed the McLeod RXT on my car.. The first set were installed on my spare T-56 with the 26 spline!!

Jomo1994z71

Can I get a KB WooWee!
Established Member
I did this mod about a year ago!
Best cheap mod I have ever done for the car! I highly suggest putting Penzoil Synchromesh in as well!
Butta!

my92gt

Established Member
The old style washers(13/16) are 1/10 of an inch thick. I will open one of the other packages(3/4) to check the thickness of both new and old style washers.
3c495af7.jpg

This how it should look like!
b4962342.jpg

'03snkbt

Call it like I see it....
Established Member
just did and works.............some. would recommend just like most everyone else!

SVT_Troy

Established Member
Deleted post, problems I had were adjustment issues, works great!

Last edited:

*Jay*

Tweeker by trade
Established Member
Premium Member
Don't know what's wrong with mine but i put the two washers in yesterday and I thought I was going to break my shifter putting it in reverse! I made it out the driveway before I said hell no! The washers will be coming out tomorrow!

You could try just one and see how that goes.

rudycobra

Established Member
My buddy did it and said made lot of difference ! But I did mine and can't really tell difference , still feels so notchy .

Rick James

Got Brimley???
Established Member
should be good to go! from what i understand this works on ALL t-56 tranny! :rockon:

this is also STILL one of my fav mods that i have done. still have had ZERO issues, and no popping out of gear. it helped a lot on my car.

sub...

Tims97SVT

Established Member
Want a good shifting t-56..

Use the right clutch, cable, quadrant, fw adjuster and adjust like it properly...

ROADSTR6

Deficient SVT Poster
Established Member
Tim,

I'll add to your "proper" list... RP or synchromesh fluid. However, many of us have done all of those things and the results have been less than stellar for some. It may not be a silver bullet but I believe this little $3 widget does have it's place in the world of improving the shifting of the T56. I've done everything on your list as well as the washer mod. For me the washer mod made the biggest difference of all. What about this mod is not "proper"...the fact that it only costs $3 as opposed to hundreds of dollars? An improvement is an improvement in my book. Doesn't matter what it costs.

lons13

Established Member
Did the anti venom mod this afternoon on a lift at work. Big improvement in shifter feel. Notchiness is gone. First and second feel much smoother. Biggest difference is going into third. I am impressed. I had previously swapped 2 quadrants, clutch cable, firewall adjuster and it still felt notchy until the anti venom mod. Best thing about doing this mod.....i had an ongoing back n forth race lined up with a coworker for a year in an srt4. Went from a 30mph roll. Top of 4th had 5 cars on his ass. Ha!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread