Warrant Issue carrier bearing failed

Joraft

Established Member
... If the getting your hands on parts for a 2 year old car are this bad now, think of how it will be in the future.

My thoughts exactly. There are many parts that are unique to the 13/14 GT500.

How many more items will become "unavailable" as time goes on?

Snoopy49

Established Member
Anyone have a housing for sale?

How can you guarantee the housing you buy does not have the same problems as the one you are replacing?
What happens next when your transmission goes south and Ford doesn't have any in stock? Are you going to have to go out and find your own? When your only solution to a parts shortage is to buy your own, your warranty has become completely worthless.

Last edited:

nsstang

Nasty Style
Established Member
ARP main studs and a rear end girdle I am having installed along side the 4:10 gears should reduce the chance for another failure. Warranty is up in May and I don't mind buying parts when I tear them up so long as they are available.

93 347 Cobra

Established Member
My thoughts exactly. There are many parts that are unique to the 13/14 GT500.

How many more items will become "unavailable" as time goes on?

'93 Cobras were the WORST to source parts for. First it was wheels and center caps, then side valances, rear bumper cover and the list kept growing. The 13-14 GT500s are on that same path with only 10.5K total production.

Also consider any Ford Racing items that are specific to the 13-14 cars. I'm thinking the Ford Racing axle-back will get scarce in a couple of years. Same thing happened to the FR500 exhaust which was the only no-drone axle-back for the Terminator.

OP should buy a low-mile stock take-off from Shelby if they have any. It's probably the best solution.

fearthesnake

Established Member
ARP main studs and a rear end girdle I am having installed along side the 4:10 gears should reduce the chance for another failure. Warranty is up in May and I don't mind buying parts when I tear them up so long as they are available.

Just curious nsstang - anything new to report on the rear end?

nsstang

Nasty Style
Established Member
I must say that after going through all of this I will never purchase another Ford product with the way that Corporate Ford has handled this issue or lack there of.

14GT5HUNDRED

Established Member
I must say that after going through all of this I will never purchase another Ford product with the way that Corporate Ford has handled this issue or lack there of.

I can imagine.. I don't know how they get away with not having a part to warranty.. I paid for a 100k ESP warranty through ford.. hat probably was a waste of money after hearing what you have been through.. I have been a VERY loyal Ford customer.. I have started moving to other brands due to Fords attitude.. they have become very difficult in the service end of things.. their attitude is very bad towards warranty these days..

Robot_trainer

Established Member
It sad that this is the case, but in my opinion you are probably better off having something aftermarket built. I'm sure any one of the custom axle manufacturer's have something. The 8.8 is great rear end, but in these cars, unless you are not beating on it, they marginal at best. Getting a new one will probably end with the same results somewhere down the road.

93 347 Cobra

Established Member
I'm sorry to hear this was never resolved Nsstang.

Does anyone know Why did they let those aftermarket companies buy their entire inventory of rear-ends?

paluka21

Established Member
Jordan,

This situation sucks. Hopefully I see you back at shows/cruises this year. If I were in your shoes, and I planned to keep the car, I would look to the aftermarket as well, and try to work something out with the dealer/Ford to reimburse you for the parts. Unfortunately I'm not sure how that would work with the diff cooler/lines the factory housing contains.

SlowVert

Established Member
This sucks - and I'm sure there will be a bunch of people in your exact situation as the years go on.

A few years ago I had a intermittent windshield leak issue which had my car in the Ford dealership over 30 something days during the first 6 months I owned it. Magically the effort to fix it went up once the Lemon Law discussion happened - but in my case I had no issue with them taking the car back, I was actually hoping they would. Not sure what would happen if you went that route - but had a friend that had his Mustang bought back on Lemon law for a moon roof leak - which he then tracked and bought it back at auction... if you could pull that move you'd probably have a nice chunk of change to get a 9" built and put in with some extra cash for your troubles.

J.

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member

Sorry to hear, but how was this resolved or what did you upgrade on your own?
If you love the car and it is fixed right, it will be an ugly memory to forget when you go WOT
:beer:
-J

fearthesnake

Established Member
Jordan,

This situation sucks. Hopefully I see you back at shows/cruises this year. If I were in your shoes, and I planned to keep the car, I would look to the aftermarket as well, and try to work something out with the dealer/Ford to reimburse you for the parts. Unfortunately I'm not sure how that would work with the diff cooler/lines the factory housing contains.

This seems like the most reasonable route, if you have a great relationship with the dealer I would think they would help reimburse you on the cost of the repair. Surely they can dish out $1,000-$2,000 to you in cash to comp you. If not and you buy all your cars through them, have them write up a "nice" discount contract on the next vehicle you purchase from them. Like $5K or more.... They have more flexibility there.

Just thinking outside the box.

Robot_trainer

Established Member
What I find interesting is that no one from Ford (Deysha?) has chimed in on this. Usually the respond and offer to escalate the issue. I don't see that here. The silence might be a huge indicator that they have no real resolution.

sleek98

Established Member
When I was having an issue with something unrelated I found a post where they were leaving the forums for a while so that is likely why they have not responded.

David Neibert

Established Member
Ford should have bought the car back if they couldn't fix it within 60 days. They should also have been supplying OP with a loaner while things were being sorted out. If the car is still sitting at dealer without resolution, you really need to hire an attorney to get the matter resolved to YOUR satisfaction. At this point they are just taking advantage of you, and it's wrong.

David

nsstang

Nasty Style
Established Member
Ford never supplied a housing or responded to any of my complaints. I purchased some Mark Williams billet steel main caps and had the main caps machined to fit the housing. I also had the axle tubes welded and painted the housing. I have returned the housing to the dealership and they are assembling it and installing it back in the car. I should have my car back some time next week.

IMG_1404.JPG
IMG_1407.JPG
IMG_1411.JPG
IMG_1412.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_1413.JPG
    IMG_1413.JPG
    110.3 KB · Views: 257

nsstang

Nasty Style
Established Member
As well as all this. So that's the update and how it all turned out so far.

So the car should be stronger than ever and I'm happy to be getting back on the road again.

I will post pic's and a update when It's all back together and running.

IMG_1237.JPG
IMG_1242.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread