Wash n Wax day

2F2F

[2 F]ast [2 F]urious
Established Member
"I would like to thank Mike and Lynn Phillip's of Meguiar's Inc. and George Wax for their participation and lending their truly professional skill's for us novice's when it comes to paint correction. It turned out to be a great event."

Cobro

Banned
"Big thanks to Mike, Lynn, and Meguiar's Inc. for their help and use of product. G. Wax for setting it up :rockon:

It was fun working on “ other peoples cars “ and seeing the transformation. :-D

Great meeting some of you again and also some new faces, now keep those cars look-in good!!

WoW someone took a pic of my car

Cobro

Banned
Originally posted by FuShnickens
you have the *CLEANEST* car i've seen. it looks better than it probably did coming off the dealer lot more than a couple years ago.

Thank you for the compliment. The build date was 12-19-95, I purchased it 1-8-96

I’ve been very anal about the upkeep of all the past cars I’ve owned, sometimes to the extreme, but it’s a hobby for me and it keeps me happy.

I drool every time I see yours, maybe someday you’ll give me a ride! :rockon:

rmoreau

Established Member
All I can say is WOW!! This stuff just gets better!

I just noticed how much more brilliant the shine is today than when first applied!! NXT is getting nicer and nicer.

I also can tell that the car isn't picking up the road grime like it usually does, especially at the rear trunk sill. I drive every day and typically have to wash the car 1-2 times a week. It will only have to be done once this week......maybe??? ( the car was last washed in the morning on the day of the event)

Randy

Last edited:

2F2F

[2 F]ast [2 F]urious
Established Member
I have noticed the same, Randy. My hood is generally free is its usual layer of dirt. The static-repelling feature of NXT at work, perhaps?

rmoreau

Established Member
Dear Johnny,

Please dont bother Santa. He is very busy with the end of the year and all.

Maybe you could plea with Cupid?? He is just beginning to ramp for his "End of Year".

:)

Rmoreau

tvguy

Anyone from San Diego going to this event tomorrow and is it only for Special Vehicles Team Cobra Club? I just read the club only issue at another website. Thanks.
pacotaco

Last edited by a moderator:

rmoreau

Established Member
the SVT day was last saturday. Tomorrow is for LAPD personal cars, But we were invited!! show up, just dont do anything to get unwanted attention!!

Randy

tvguy

Originally posted by rmoreau
the SVT day was last saturday. Tomorrow is for LAPD personal cars, But we were invited!! show up, just dont do anything to get unwanted attention!!

Randy

Hey, thanks for the tip. I soo wish I could have made it to the SVT event. Living at the beach, my paint is already rough to the touch, even after washes. Think I'll need a little more attention and training than most. Heck, the only think I know about waxing if from the movie Karate Kid. Guess I'll wait till the next SVT event as I don't want to take time away from the LAPD people. Guess that means no burnouts in the parking lot!! Or does it mean TONS of burnouts in the parking lot!! Hehe. I really hope they do another SVT event soon. Thanks again.
pacotaco

BALDSNAKE

Stop the Car Tax
Established Member
I'm looking towards one of the next events/rides where I can see this handy work. We (I) become blinded by whats in front of us. So far I have not seen a car that outshines or has that deep creamy luster as if you could dip your finger into the paint and taste it like frosting on a cake like mine does. It's been waxed twice using some milky crap I got at a swap meet from a flim flam man and my weekly wipe offs with a polishing cloth.

BALDSNAKE

Stop the Car Tax
Established Member
"The Glosser"....available at any auto supply.

I am lazy about spending much time on cleaning anything. My Expidition has not been washed in over a year. I'm only anal about money.

rmoreau

Established Member
I thought maybe you meant the Glosser. I used those for the first year on my Silver. I Liked them very much!

Then I clay bar'd. WOW!! what a difference just doing that and using a coat of wax. Much better shine. I stopped using the Glosser.

In February when NXT is available I will do the full clay-polish-sealer-wax routine.

I think silver and white are the hardest cars to notice a good shine on.

As for that "deep creamy luster as if you could dip your finger into the paint and taste it like frosting on a cake" Id like to see that. I dont think you could really get from a factory paint job.

What color is yours??

Randy

Users who are viewing this thread