Wash n Wax day

jonas

Established Member
Originally posted by George Wax
Meguiar's Detailing Clinic has now been officially confirmed for December 6, 2003 Saturday..I will shortly be posting direction's to this event..If anyone has any other concern's please post them on this board..Thank you, everyone..

I cant make it, I have a 2003 migration and will be in huston.

I MAYYY fly home for the weekend if my team hustle and we are ahead of schedule. So far so good. I already missed FFW over this contract, I'm sure the fat check in the end will be worth it especially for the ole cobra.

jhwalker

Dead Poster Walking
Established Member
Originally posted by jonas
I cant make it, I have a 2003 migration and will be in huston.

I MAYYY fly home for the weekend if my team hustle and we are ahead of schedule. So far so good. I already missed FFW over this contract, I'm sure the fat check in the end will be worth it especially for the ole cobra.

:eek: :eek: :eek:
Take cover -- another fat check...
:rockon:
JW

03_Sonic Blur

Wanna Talk? PM Me
Established Member
He's already got a KB, what's next? Skinnies up front, and fully tubbed rear with solid axle and 15" wide slicks? Cams? Headers? JATO Bottles?

Better check with Chris on the bottles:rockon:

rmoreau

Established Member
Here is a copy of an email with Mike at Meguires:

Hi Randy,

Here is the thread I have started for the Ford SVT Day at Meguiar's clinic.

http://www.showcargarage.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&postid=3370#post3370

Please feel free to share this with your friends on your forum.

See you Saturday, let's hope it doesn't rain.

Mike

p.s.

If everyone brings $5.00 we can send out for Pizza if the event goes long. Most my clinics go to about 5:00pm.

I stick around till everyone has had enough buffing.

Mike

NukeX

My Shit Got Keyed, Yo
Established Member
C U Guys There, don't mind me messing my cars finish up over in the corner...I am a slow learner and I have no idea howto wax my car properly. :( :shrug:

-Steve
'03 White Cobra
Irvine, CA

Last edited:

jhwalker

Dead Poster Walking
Established Member
Harrumph..... Ahem... Dudes and dudettes -- there were like 3-4 2003 Cobras there today(!). Maybe 7-8 cars/trucks total.
I sped on the way down thinking that there would be no room for me...
They put on a good show, I think most of us learned something and came away with a better looking car. FuShnickens car turned (more) beautiful right before our eyes.
thanks for setting it up, mr george wax. Good seeing you guys.
James
JW

FuShnickens

Get It On!
Established Member
first off, where was everybody?!? :nonono:

a big thanks for george, mike, and meguiars for hosting the clinic. learned quite a bit, got to play w/ some power tools, and got a very nice goodie bag. :D plus, mike showed how to get rid of a nasty scratch on my hood! very impressive! :beer: i tried walking away w/ the $500 bottle of nxt but mike was too quick.

always good to see some svtp regulars and some new faces. :thumbsup:

Last edited:

FuShnickens

Get It On!
Established Member
pics from today

jh hard at work...

meguiars_01.jpg

rmoreau watching jh hard at work...

meguiars_02.jpg

cobro's immaculate cobra...

meguiars_03.jpg

rmoreau's just-nxt'd cobra...

meguiars_04.jpg

my just-nxt'd cobra...

meguiars_05.jpg

george's cherry cobra...

meguiars_06.jpg

an svt contour waiting to be nxt'd...

meguiars_07.jpg

rmoreau

Established Member
A very good and informative day!! You guys missed some fun and an oportuniuty to get some blems out of your paint. Mike showed me how to get 3 very prominant scrapes out!

Look out zaino!!! I have used both now, and when NXT comes out in February it is sure to give us carnuts an alternative!

Look on EBAy for that $500 dollor bottle!!

Randy

2F2F

[2 F]ast [2 F]urious
Established Member
Great event! I arrived late, but was still able to detail my car with products including Final Detail, Final Inspection, Mirror Glaze 38, NXT and NXT All Metal Polish. Just bought my dad (read: my dad and myself) an early X-Mas present in the form of a Porter-Cable 7424 :) .

InS0mNiAc

Just call me Lucifer
Established Member
Sound like everyone had a great time. I didn't make it....I was on my way but was suddenly detoured to some kind of racing track :D I kind of felt like I got some of the experience though. I was crusing down the 405 in the fast lane and for some reason I felt compelled to glance right and whom should I see but the black piggie vert :D Not sure if you saw me James but I was the guy in the big red truck constantly slowing down to get your attention. About a 2 minutes after I saw you you merged on to a different freeway, I'm sure on your way to meguiars. :rockon:

FuShnickens

Get It On!
Established Member
mike was really great about letting us try all of the products. if you were unable to attend, there's another how-to clinic next saturday, dec 13. check out the calendar at showcargarage.com for details.

i'm going to try tackling the "cobwebs" on my dad's explorer w/ my never been used porter cable and some dual action cleaner polish #83 tomorrow. :D

Users who are viewing this thread