Wash n Wax day

jhwalker

Dead Poster Walking
Established Member
Originally posted by 2F2F
Great event! I arrived late, but was still able to detail my car with products including Final Detail, Final Inspection, Mirror Glaze 38, NXT and NXT All Metal Polish. Just bought my dad (read: my dad and myself) an early X-Mas present in the form of a Porter-Cable 7424 :) .

I must have just missed you...
take it easy
James

FuShnickens

Get It On!
Established Member
i think msrp for the nxt wax (when it comes out) is like $15. the big $$$ on ebay is because it hasn't been released yet and is being auctioned off for charity.

03DOHC

Established Member
Originally posted by FuShnickens
plus, mike showed how to get rid of a nasty scratch on my hood! very impressive! :beer:
I have a nasty scratch on my hood too. How did you get rid of the scratch?

03_Sonic Blur

Wanna Talk? PM Me
Established Member
In the words of Emily Latella, "Never Mind"

Thanks for clearing that up. The price I mean.

What is the cure time?
Any silicones in it? I don't like silicones.
One step? I like one step

You guys who used it, fill me in please:read:

FuShnickens

Get It On!
Established Member
Originally posted by 03DOHC
I have a nasty scratch on my hood too. How did you get rid of the scratch?

mine was pretty deep and needed wet sanding. :eek: i believe the process was water soaked 1500 unigrit lubed w/ final inspection, then (using a rotary) a couple passes w/ compound power cleaner on a red pad followed by dual action cleaner/polish on a yellow pad. at that point the hood was ready for the porter cable and nxt.

i'm gonna strangle that damn cat if i ever see it again. :bash:

03DOHC

Established Member
Originally posted by FuShnickens
mine was pretty deep and needed wet sanding. :eek: i believe the process was water soaked 1500 unigrit lubed w/ final inspection, then (using a rotary) a couple passes w/ compound power cleaner on a red pad followed by dual action cleaner/polish on a yellow pad. at that point the hood was ready for the porter cable and nxt.

i'm gonna strangle that damn cat if i ever see it again. :bash:
Thanks for the reply. I think I'm going to leave the scratch alone. There's no way I'm going near my thin ass paint with sand paper. :lol1:

FuShnickens

Get It On!
Established Member
Originally posted by 03_Sonic Blur
What is the cure time?
Any silicones in it? I don't like silicones.
One step? I like one step

there wasn't any mention of a cure time. :??: if you were doing a full-on detail you'd probably use something like #20 (polymer sealant) first and let that cure for 24 hours prior to using the nxt. unsure about silicones.

FuShnickens

Get It On!
Established Member
Originally posted by 03DOHC
Thanks for the reply. I think I'm going to leave the scratch alone. There's no way I'm going near my thin ass paint with sand paper. :lol1:

that's totally understandable - if i didn't have the chance to have it worked on *free* by a pro i would've left it alone. it was scary seeing mike w/ the sandpaper considering how thin our paint is, but he was using it *really* lightly and using the final inspection as lube every few strokes. his skills w/ the rotary were very impressive too. the guy's a magician! :bowdown:

path914

Established Member
It was great getting to meet all you mustang guys. Your cars definitely made me jealous, especially FuShnickens(nice KB). I was very pleased with the results on my car. As bad as my paint was, I didn't really expect too much, but all the cobwebs on the hood and trunk are gone and the clearcoat stripe on my door is barely visable. Props to Mike and all the rest helping out there on Saturday.

I thought I was going to be the last one there, until this big swarm of stangs came rolling in late in the afternoon. Very impressive.

Last edited:

jhwalker

Dead Poster Walking
Established Member
Path,
Good to meet you too.
I would have liked to see how your contour worked out.
I was amazed at the transformation of the cars -- in general.
And Mike has some serious skills.
JW

George Wax

Established Member
I would like to thank Mike and Lynn Phillip's of Meguiar's Inc, for their participation and lending their truly professional skill's for us novice's when it comes to paint correction. It turned out to be a great event.. Special thank's goes out to Svtperformance and Wildhorsesclub.com for their participation. The next generation wax NXT should be available to the public in February of 2004. Here are some important's step's I feel will yield the best result's on automotive paint. 1. Wash Step, I endorse M-62-01 Professional Car Wash and Shampoo.(Meguiar's). 2. Clay step I endorse either Clay Magic Clay bar(blue bar) or Meguiar's Yellow detailing bar (200 gram) from their detailer line of product's 3. For their Cleaner and Polish Step Meguiar's Dual Action Cleaner Polish M-83-32 this product will take care of 80 to 90 % of surface defect's make sure this product is used with a Porter Cable Dual Action Polish or High Speed Rotary buffer.. pad's that should be used with this product are Meguiar's W-8006 pad for mild defect's W-7006 for more serious defect's(red pad).. The speed on the Porter Cable polisher should be set at 6, and for the high speed buffer 1,500 r.p.m's ) NOTE: If you do not have experience with a high speed buffer please only use the Porter Cable Dual Action Polisher. 4. Last step I endorse Meguiar's Next Generation Wax NXT wax due out in February.. I also endorse Meguiar's High Tech Yellow wax M-26-16.. I also endorse the use of Meguiar's Micro-fiber cloth's. for product removal.

jhwalker

Dead Poster Walking
Established Member
"I would like to thank Mike and Lynn Phillip's of Meguiar's Inc, for their participation and lending their truly professional skill's for us novice's when it comes to paint correction. It turned out to be a great event"

I'll second that...
James

Users who are viewing this thread