Watch out GT350, The 1LE SS is coming!

carguy19

Established Member
You can put whatever motor and package you want on the camaro, its still going to be an ugly shitbox that cannot compete with the comparable ford.

The last camaro that was worth a droplet of ball sweat was the 1973. (67-73). The new ones are horrible looking and always be chasing the better mustangs.

There's a logic to this though, its almost unfair. GM is never going to put as much research and development into a camaro as they do on the corvette. The vette has and always will have the latest in performance, new technology and research and development that GM can throw at a car. The camaro falls by the wayside. On top of the camaro not being even in the stratosphere compared to the mustangs, I honestly feel that the shelby models are even better then the corvettes personally.

DSG2003SVT

Gray only, please
Established Member
Hellcat…

In seriousness, the 1LE is going to be awesome. I have a good friend that runs a Chevy dealership that could probably order one for me exactly how I want it at ~$5,000 off, even with it being hot and brand new. Considering that would probably be ~$45,000 for a special ordered and loaded 2SS 1LE, it's a crazy good value! Knock another ~$5K off of that if you wanted the 1SS 1LE. If someone just absolutely didn't have to have the GT350, getting the Camaro would be a no-brainer.

But me, I have to have the GT350. My dreams of snagging an R allocation have been crushed, but I have an MSRP deal through the same friend's dealer network for a GT350. I'm trying to decide if I want to jump on a 2017, or hold out to see if the GT350 continues on through 2018 or 2019. All my cars would be paid of in mid-2018, so that would make this much easier on my pocketbook. I feel that all the people paying huge ADM on them to get them immediately are just a little too impatient. MSRP to $5,000 ADM is a good buy I think. Anything above that is for someone with more money to blow than I. I'll be fine to wait a little while.

b4409

Established Member
Reading all these threads with real interest as I am buying a GT350 now. Despite what the troll here is spouting, The Chevy is damn good and at today's discounted prices, is a good indicator of what is to come with the GT350 pricing - just like every other "special" mustang before it. At least competition will knock down the hype. I think it's healthy. And I'm ok with the ADM as a capitalist but it's just frustrating as a buyer and I won't pay it. We are still talking about a Mustang here folks - 90% similar to a base model at the end of the day. Pay 90k!? - you are out of your minds!

This is just my .02 as a hardcore mustang racer.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
Reading all these threads with real interest as I am buying a GT350 now. Despite what the troll here is spouting, The Chevy is damn good and at today's discounted prices, is a good indicator of what is to come with the GT350 pricing - just like every other "special" mustang before it. At least competition will knock down the hype. I think it's healthy. And I'm ok with the ADM as a capitalist but it's just frustrating as a buyer and I won't pay it. We are still talking about a Mustang here folks - 90% similar to a base model at the end of the day. Pay 90k!? - you are out of your minds!

Yes mustangs used to cost 18-20k not to long ago now they cost 55k.
The 150 used to cost 20k to now they cost 50k msrp. And the 250 are 60-70k.
Houses used to be 100k. Now that same house in my area 30 years later cost 800k. Be thankful the mustang gt did not rise 8 times like the house did!
Welcome to inflation. Get over it!

Last edited:

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
In seriousness, the 1LE is going to be awesome. I have a good friend that runs a Chevy dealership that could probably order one for me exactly how I want it at ~$5,000 off, even with it being hot and brand new. Considering that would probably be ~$45,000 for a special ordered and loaded 2SS 1LE, it's a crazy good value! Knock another ~$5K off of that if you wanted the 1SS 1LE.

I may have misread, but I'm pretty sure that the Camaro 1LE will be a 1SS model only, and not an optional 2SS 1LE.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
So you feel the new 1le will beat the recently redesigned z51 which weighs 300lbs less?

Im not sure why you want me to restate my opinion again.

Well put.

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
McLaren's regular 650S is all Ferrari's hardened 458 can handle.

I'm confident you'll figure it out.

So what? That still doesn't justify comparing the two when the 675LT is McLaren's track car of the segment. Would it make sense to compare a 911 GT3 to a base Corvette? No.

DBK

Re-retired
Established Member
So what? That still doesn't justify comparing the two when the 675LT is McLaren's track car of the segment. Would it make sense to compare a 911 GT3 to a base Corvette? No.

Got it. Comparing cars of similar MSRP and performance is not "justified."

A GT3 and base Corvette are not close in performance or price.

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
Got it. Comparing cars of similar MSRP and performance is not "justified."

A GT3 and base Corvette are not close in performance or price.

A Corvette Z06 isn't close in price to a 911 GT3, either. For the base price of the 911 GT3, you can theoretically buy two GT350Rs with electronics package and have money left over. But both of those cars have been compared to the GT3 in some fashion.

DBK

Re-retired
Established Member
A Corvette Z06 isn't close in price to a 911 GT3, either. For the base price of the 911 GT3, you can theoretically buy two GT350Rs with electronics package and have money left over. But both of those cars have been compared to the GT3 in some fashion.

Ok great. Thanks.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member

Stop talking. You just proved DBK point. A car the that cost less with similar or better performance won't effect the cost of the GT3. Just as the 1le won't effect the cost of the GT350.

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
Stop talking. You just proved DBK point. A car the that cost less with similar or better performance won't effect the cost of the GT3. Just as the 1le won't effect the cost of the GT350.

Who's talking about affecting costs? :shrug: We're talking about performance model parallels. DBK brought up price out of nowhere. Pay attention or stay out of it.

DSG2003SVT

Gray only, please
Established Member
The OP brought up affecting costs in his first post. I'm sure it's still in the back of everyone's mind in this thread.

hognutz

Established Member
I like the GT350 better than the 1le I just refuse to pay ADM and have not found one at MSRP yet. If head to head the 1le is as fast and I could just order it below invoice I might go get hypnotized and told I like the looks as good so it saves me money ha ha.

I am really shocked people are paying what they are for the car. 63-68k is too much money for a 12 second car in my mind so even though I want one I will never pay that.

krt22

Established Member
I am really shocked people are paying what they are for the car. 63-68k is too much money for a 12 second car in my mind so even though I want one I will never pay that.
uhhh, not sure why you care if you are really worried about 1/4 mile times. :dw::dw:

hognutz

Established Member
uhhh, not sure why you care if you are really worried about 1/4 mile times. :dw::dw:

it's because I still have my penis. people who are very well endowed like there cake and to eat it to wile eating cupcakes. I like a car that does it all. have a care that handles good but it is turd acceleration wise does not do it for me.

this car is right on that verge it is not bad but it is not really great acceleration. going from cars or bikes that trap 125-135 down to car that are in the teens are a let down. my zl1 was like that until I modified it.

on my zl1 I was never nervous about mods though it was fairly bullet proof this car I am not 100% confident that is the case. I hope it is but it might now be.

Last edited:

krt22

Established Member
it's because I still have my penis. people who are very well endowed like there cake and to eat it to wile eating cupcakes. I like a car that does it all. have a care that handles good but it is turd acceleration wise does not do it for me.

this car is right on that verge it is not bad but it is not really great acceleration. going from cars or bikes that trap 125-135 down to car that are in the teens are a let down. my zl1 was like that until I modified it.

on my zl1 I was never nervous about mods though it was fairly bullet proof this car I am not 100% confident that is the case. I hope it is but it might now be.

translation:I want the latest and greatest for water cooler conversations. I will only drive it in a straight line but I like to know that it could turn and stop in the right hands

Wait for the GT500

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
Two cars being close performance competitors is usually utterly meaningless relative to the prices the cars trade at.

Ok, explain to me why a 458 Speciale and a 650S, often roughly MSRP $330k, same segment, similar performance, one trades at $50-75k over MSRP, one at $75-100k below.

People buy cars for more than the numbers on a sheet.

Who's talking about affecting costs? :shrug: We're talking about performance model parallels. DBK brought up price out of nowhere. Pay attention or stay out of it.

Look at the above to quotes from this thread that you inserted you misguided or wrong opinion into DBK discussion.

Users who are viewing this thread