Watertown may be setting a dangerous precedent

Would you be ok with SWAT/FBI/DHS searching your property without consent/warrant?

• Yes

Votes: 28 10.0%
  • Maybe, it depends on the circumstances

Votes: 76 27.2%
  • No

Votes: 41 14.7%
  • Hell no!

Votes: 134 48.0%

• Total voters

itSSlow98

Established Member
Unless they saw the perp run in or the owner called you need to check your definition. Exigent is not stopping to help someone on the side of the road while driving in a marked car when transporting someone under arrest. Watch how many people file a lawsuit civilly, you will have to dig deep, the media will never say a word.

Watch how many of those court cases end up a waste of time. None of us know the info regarding this situation...... we are monday morning quarterbacks. You have to believe they had reasonable suspicion that the a-hole was in that neighborhood, with a weapon(possibly a bomb) putting many innocent people in immediate danger. That is exigent circumstances if you ask me and the court will rule the same just watch.

From a law dictionary
"Events that justify a departure from usual legal procedures such as the obtaining of a warrant, typically in order to save a life, preserve evidence, or prevent a suspect from fleeing."

Last edited:

*TK*

COBRO
Established Member
Your question is loaded. If the FHP knock on my door tomorrow and ask to randomly search my house I'll be telling them to get a warrant and don't come back without one.

However, if a terrorist and known killer has a shootout 2-3 blocks from my house, a perimeter is set up, and I later see police walk into my open garage to look for the suspect, that's fine.

The question is not loaded whatsoever. The SWAT team clearly searched this mans garage without a warrant or his consent. I am sure he was well aware of the situation in Boston and saw the perimeter in his neighborhood. Why does that make it ok for a governmental agency to violate your Fourth Amendment rights?

If you wouldn't care, thats your point of view but it doesn't make it any less illegal.

Last edited:

Devious_Snake

PSR Major!
Established Member
Your question is loaded. If the FHP knock on my door tomorrow and ask to randomly search my house I'll be telling them to get a warrant and don't come back without one.

However, if a terrorist and known killer has a shootout 2-3 blocks from my house, a perimeter is set up, and I later see police walk into my open garage to look for the suspect, that's fine.

Best answer here. Its an unfair question and of course another reason for people to bitch. This was a very special circumstance and they searched the exterior curtiledge of the home, they did not enter it.

TK, do you even understand the exceptions to the 4th amendment? if someone is getting the shit kicked out of them in a home, example husband vs wife, the police can enter without a warrant. That is just one example of an exigent circumstance. I would think a terrorist and killer on the loose in that town would qualify to at least search the property and hiding places for him without a homeowner's consent.

Last edited:

t01lightning

Established Member
Its good to know there are men like you out there :beer: I agree with you 100%

Your one of the main members I respect, no matter how many people don not get it based on stupidity or immaturity,as many are young on here, stay strong on your core beliefs! A moderate is a liberal with no guts as many are proving to be. It's sad being outnumbered. Who would have thought if your against abortion, pro gun rights, freedom to every man no matter what color, and believe deeply in God that you would be looked at and treated as if you have leprosy. Society is getting worse by the day. I will be pm ing certain members soon to be able to organize something on here a little better so each of us can recognize fellow understanding members. A few have text me about a few things so further information will be pmed if interested later in the week.

LC281

Established Member
So much butthurt in this thread and its page one. Some people have a horse so high they can barely climb up on the saddle. If it means keeping my neighborhood safe as well as my family, by all means help yourself! As a matter of fact help yourself to the fridge. For a situation this severe and the process it would take to acquire a search warrant for a whole neighborhood!!! Give me a break. Everyone plays mr badass until its their family member that's affected from act of terrorism. Move to Germany already

*TK*

COBRO
Established Member
Best answer here. Its an unfair question and of course another reason for people to bitch. This was a very special circumstance and they searched the exterior curtiledge of the home, they did not enter it.

TK, do you even understand the exceptions to the 4th amendment? if someone is getting the shit kicked out of them in a home, example husband vs wife, the police can enter without a warrant. That is just one example of an exigent circumstance. I would think a terrorist and killer on the loose in that town would qualify to at least search the property and hiding places for him without a homeowner's consent.

I understand completely. In your example you are correct if an officer sees a domestic physical assault taking place he can enter to stop a crime in progress. What he wouldn't be able to do is enter that home if he did not see or hear a crime actually taking place. So I ask you what crime was taking place at any of these households?

There wasn't, how many man hunts have there been searching for armed bank robber, thug etc? How many of these searches did the police/government agencies warrantless search nearby homes?

Last edited:

t01lightning

Established Member
Watch how many of those court cases end up a waste of time. None of us know the info regarding this situation...... we are monday morning quarterbacks. You have to believe they had reasonable suspicion that the a-hole was in that neighborhood, with a weapon(possibly a bomb) putting many innocent people in immediate danger. That is exigent circumstances if you ask me and the court will rule the same just watch.

From a law dictionary
"Events that justify a departure from usual legal procedures such as the obtaining of a warrant, typically in order to save a life, preserve evidence, or prevent a suspect from fleeing."

Reasonable suspicion finding nothing will get you indicted to court. Learn your terms. Probable cause is a different story. You would be surprised how close I am to a guy in Boston and I will leave it at that. This is what happens to every who fell for the PAtriot Act which is anything but. Go re read your section on reasonable suspicion and probable cause, this is not a moving vehicle it's a house, a garage is not considered open field, plain view etc.

itSSlow98

Established Member
Obviously its a pointless discussion. Everyone likes to complain, sue, and find something everyone did wrong. Have a good one.

Last edited:

jdowd

Insert Comment Here
Established Member
It is quite easy to sit back and say "no i would not let them search my home" considering that many of us watched these events unfold from behind our TV's and keyboards. The situation should dictate whether or not they can or cannot search a property without consent. The fact of the matter is that they were searching for an armed and dangerous men that would inflict harm to anyone who crossed there path. At the end of the day my friends and family safety are the most important thing to me and if the FBI or local law enforcement wanted to search my home to locate and potential terrorist, go right ahead. To those who think that this is setting a precedent for future unlawful searches of ones property, take off the tin foil hats and relax. Last week was a terrible situation. Stop playing arm charm politician and commend those who protected all of those who were put in harms way.

t01lightning

Established Member
So much butthurt in this thread and its page one. Some people have a horse so high they can barely climb up on the saddle. If it means keeping my neighborhood safe as well as my family, by all means help yourself! As a matter of fact help yourself to the fridge. For a situation this severe and the process it would take to acquire a search warrant for a whole neighborhood!!! Give me a break. Everyone plays mr badass until its their family member that's affected from act of terrorism. Move to Germany already

What a poosy, two guys one 19 yea real bad ass, 2 guys, 2 guys, 2 guys. You can't protect yourself from two guys I feel sorry for you. They are not navy seals and a family man who has shot pistols or hunted since a little kid would have been fine. Why couldn't you keep your family safe? No gun experience? Afraid of your abilities? Afraid to die for your family? It's two guys who are not ex military or anything special. Some people are bad ass and most subdivisions have one or two if not more and that is all you need. Just volunteer you and your family to be protected inside the FEMA camps you will be safer trust me. You are a disgrace to every American who gave their life. Temporary security ain't freedom and as far as liberty you will not grasp that until you understand true freedom. Pussification of America prime example.

*TK*

COBRO
Established Member
It is quite easy to sit back and say "no i would not let them search my home" considering that many of us watched these events unfold from behind our TV's and keyboards. The situation should dictate whether or not they can or cannot search a property without consent. The fact of the matter is that they were searching for an armed and dangerous men that would inflict harm to anyone who crossed there path. At the end of the day my friends and family safety are the most important thing to me and if the FBI or local law enforcement wanted to search my home to locate and potential terrorist, go right ahead. To those who think that this is setting a precedent for future unlawful searches of ones property, take off the tin foil hats and relax. Last week was a terrible situation. Stop playing arm charm politician and commend those who protected all of those who were put in harms way.

I understand what you're saying but then I ask again; how many man hunts have there been searching for armed bank robber, thug etc? How many of these searches did the police/government agencies warrantless search nearby homes?

itSSlow98

Established Member
I understand what you're saying but then I ask again; how many man hunts have there been searching for armed bank robber, thug etc? How many of these searches did the police/government agencies warrantless search nearby homes?

Come on man you can't be serious....your comparing a bank robber to a known terrorist with known overseas ties who has detonated two bombs killing and wounding all those poeple? Then walking up to a police officer who was sitting in his car and killing him? Not to mention the older guy who was wearing an explosive vest?

Your grabbing at straws here and failing miserably.

t01lightning

Established Member

You do not even deserve a response you have the majority view of California. Two men, I repeat one is 19, does no one shoot a 120 or own a rifle, pistol shot gun. No matter what weapon shot placement is everything is does not take much trust me. Two men, not a damn army, they are not army rangers or even ex cops. Notice they were heading to New York after, strict gun laws and yet they were heading there to blow more shit up. Why because most new York liberals are vaginas and will apologize for getting their legs blown off. To all the conservative new Yorkers one on here being my buddy you guys have some serious patience a d bless you and your families.

TBCobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
I have to agree with the masses here. I am pro Bill of Rights, pro gun etc etc but if I woke up to this I wouldnt mind them searching my garage. Now if they busted into my home it would be a different story.

I dont believe this event will affect any of our civil liberties one bit.

itSSlow98

Established Member
You do not even deserve a response you have the majority view of California. Two men, I repeat one is 19, does no one shoot a 120 or own a rifle, pistol shot gun. No matter what weapon shot placement is everything is does not take much trust me. Two men, not a damn army, they are not army rangers or even ex cops. Notice they were heading to New York after, strict gun laws and yet they were heading there to blow more shit up. Why because most new York liberals are vaginas and will apologize for getting their legs blown off. To all the conservative new Yorkers one on here being my buddy you guys have some serious patience a d bless you and your families.

That gun and training really helped the campus police officer who was shot point blank in his patrol vehicle right? I mean we always sit by our front door at home with a weapon ready for a terroist wearing a exposive vest to kick our door in. I know you are a black belt in tae kwon do, with a specialty in jui jit su but the internet warrior is definetly your strongest ability.

*TK*

COBRO
Established Member
Come on man you can't be serious....your comparing a bank robber to a known terrorist with known overseas ties who has detonated two bombs killing and wounding all those poeple? Then walking up to a police officer who was sitting in his car and killing him? Not to mention the older guy who was wearing an explosive vest?

Your grabbing at straws here and failing miserably.

Its one man on the run presumably armed and in the local area. How does that make him any more dangerous than any other armed killer on the loose trying to evade the authorities? I'm not reaching at straws at all.

t01lightning

Established Member

Users who are viewing this thread