We lost another 14 GT500

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
I have already posted this on Facebook and my Instagram, but I figured I would tell you guys also. So I was headed home from work after getting my 14 GT500 detailed and while getting off the freeway and coming to a complete stop a young kid in a 2500 HD Chevy wasn't paying attention and rear ended me doing about 45 to 50mph. Needless to say my GT500 lost big time, but it saved my life and for that I can't thank Ford enough for building a safe vehicle like our cars. I'll be getting another 14 GT500 once everything is settled.

Before the accident
24277521167_076780f61b_c.jpg

after the accident
38453973684_30b97f7866_c.jpg

39131454992_dd21dce66a_c.jpg

39161516811_8b6817f14c_c.jpg

24300312387_8e750b9840_c.jpg

and the truck that hit me
24300307907_bb9e5d3a89_c.jpg

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Ouch.

Glad you're ok. Hopefully you didn't get any serious injuries.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
Holy crap!!!!!
So sorry to hear about your car. She was a beauty. I'm glad that you weren't injured in the crash. That's an ugly sight.
Good luck going forward man.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
That sucks. Glad you're ok, but see a doctor and get checked out. An impact at those speeds can lead to injuries that will surface later, especially in the head and neck. You may want to consult with an attorney.

I'd also press the local DA to open an investigation and pursue charges against the other driver. I'm betting if they pull his phone records they'll show he was using it at the time of the crash. He could have easily killed someone.

PaxtonShelby

iamdrab
Established Member
That sucks. Glad you're ok, but see a doctor and get checked out. An impact at those speeds can lead to injuries that will surface later, especially in the head and neck. You may want to consult with an attorney.

I'd also press the local DA to open an investigation and pursue charges against the other driver. I'm betting if they pull his phone records they'll show he was using it at the time of the crash. He could have easily killed someone.

THIS X 1000!

Glad you're ok - I was in a similar accident 10 years ago. At the end of an on-ramp stopped behind 2 other cars. I saw the guy coming the whole way. I moved over toward the guardrail - not much room - put my pristine SHO 5-speed in neutral - foot in the brake - braced myself - and watched the idiot - who never touched the brakes. 40 mph square into my trunk. Took several days for my soft tissue injuries to surface. Get checked out now and in a few days.

I recovered fully and I'm thankful for that. Also - I was on my way to pick up my 1-year old from daycare. Had she been with me she would not have made it.

But I do miss that SHO...

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Sucks OP..... you just got that car from here in SoCal if I remember right!

Glad you're ok.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

MastaAce03

Established Member
Holy shit. Like snoopy said, get checked out just because if you haven't already. That was a hell of a rear end collision. Back to shopping for you I guess, glad you're ok.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
Jesus christ Stephen. Glad you're alright. No injuries?

Was wondering where you'd been......
Thanks man, I was actually about to post a bunch of stuff about my 1/2 mile race I had on Sunday. The car ran 154mph basically stock. I was so happy and proud of her and took her to work to get detailed. This all happened on my way home. I'm still beyond pissed, but I'll find another Shelby.
Ouch.

Glad you're ok. Hopefully you didn't get any serious injuries.
Nothing to bad, I walked away, but I am a little sore.
TEXTING.......I'll bet!!:mad:
I almost guarantee he was, the kid wasn't much older than 20 years old with a big ass Duramax.

Thanks Sid, I already got checked out by a Doctor and she prescribed me some muscle relaxers and some other stuff to help with being sore, I was so lucky to walk away without a cut, if he's insurance gives me what I want, than I'll drop it and move on, but if they try and screw me over I'll lawyer up and go after him.
Sucks OP..... you just got that car from here in SoCal if I remember right!

Glad you're ok.

Yup I drove out to Huntington beach to buy her, I was happy and loved the drive home and have been enjoying this car so much. I'm beyond pissed this happened and this car won't be easy to replace, but I will find another 14 GT500.

djniknala

Established Member
Holy cow. That was a heck of an impact. My wife got rear ended by a full size truck going 40 about 8 months ago. She was fine for a few days then bleeding in her kidneys plus lower back and neck problems started to surface. She is fine now but it took a while to get everything sorted out with the medical bills. Glad you’re ok and its reassuring how much of an impact these cars can take.

04MysticCobra

Established Member
Ouch that sucks losing that beauty. I remember when you posted the first pic of that GT500 from the dealer lot in Cali. Make sure that you are okay before doing anything.

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Damn Steve, so sorry to hear buddy, but at least the car can be replaced.
That was a silver stripe delete glass roof right? Gotta be a rare one. As a glass roof guy, how'd it hold up in an accident?
-J

raustin0017

Established Member
Real happy you walked away...texting and driving is the 1st thing that popped in my little brain. Good luck with the search for a new Trinity!

Dinosgt

Established Member
Glad you are ok. Remember it’s just sheet metal and can be replaced.

All the best and glad you can count your blessings. Take some of the advice here - I was in crash worthiness research for many years of my career. - whiplash injuries are very hard to detect, especially right after a crash. Just keep an eye on yourself for a while.

The next Shelby will be even better. Congrats on walking away safe and sound.

Users who are viewing this thread