We lost another 14 GT500

COOL COBRA

Hell Yes!
Established Member
Any plans on trying to buy it back from the insurance company? Engine, interior, suspension parts value might be worth it. Just an idea without trying to be "that guy".
Best news is you're ok and still walking on two feet.

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
Any plans on trying to buy it back from the insurance company? Engine, interior, suspension parts value might be worth it. Just an idea without trying to be "that guy".
Best news is you're ok and still walking on two feet.
You're not the first person to ask me that, As long as they don't want much more than 5k for it I'll buy it back and take the engine and trans and the wheels and anything else I can stripe off. I might hold onto the engine and build it for my next GT500.

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
Damn sorry to hear OP. Hope your ok. Sorry about your Shelby.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nxhappy

Established Member
holy shit ! that sucks man but glad you are OK !! any plans on a new car ??

Zemedici

Established Member
You're not the first person to ask me that, As long as they don't want much more than 5k for it I'll buy it back and take the engine and trans and the wheels and anything else I can stripe off. I might hold onto the engine and build it for my next GT500.

no chance. They'll want 75% of whatever they pay.

The insurance paid me $19k for my 03 cobra, and they told me they wouldnt sell it for less than 15k.....I tried the same thing when it wound up on Copart

Hourigan218

Established Member
Very sorry to see those pics but good to hear you are doing ok. Sad about the car. As it is these cars are dwindling. There are still some out there but numbers are down. Just glad no real injuries. Hope the car gets replaced

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
no chance. They'll want 75% of whatever they pay.

The insurance paid me $19k for my 03 cobra, and they told me they wouldnt sell it for less than 15k.....I tried the same thing when it wound up on Copart
Well that's shity to hear, if they want more than 10k for the car I'm not buying it back.

Cman01

hello
Established Member
That is painful to see, dumbass choices that people make behind the wheel can cause these accidents.

Happy to hear that you are ok but sad to see the car being toast.

Like others had sad, do check yourself out with your doctor usually pains and aches don't show up till much later.

3 years ago my wife was driving to work on her day off some dumbass punk rammed her from behind and spun her car over the curb facing the wrong way. The guy took off but was caught later. Her car was a write off. She didn't show any injuries AT THE TIME but a few months later started getting pain in her right shoulder and lower back area and had to go off work. It's now been 3+ years off work, 1 surgery and she still isn't 100%.

wrduft.jpg

It did end ok for her (kinda), she sought legal damages against the insurance company of the person that hit her and after some major negotiations between our lawyer and them she received a settlement for her suffering and can finally move on with her life.

She might not be able to do her former job but she has plans to go back and see about some other work she can do, otherwise it's find another job time.

Sorry for the major story but basically you might think you are ok after a hit like that but you might not be.............know your rights as a victim of this situation and sue. Good luck!!!!

72MachOne99GT

Established Member
Premium Member
Hell of a strike. Hope you stay well as time passes.

The fact that so many people are driving 3000-8000 pound rolling missles around with their brains stored in the glovebox is scary.

Users who are viewing this thread