Wedding bands

firebird1999us

Established Member
Recently got enganged and love the ring I got for my fiance... went with her to look at bands for me and I was totally nonplussed by all the gold and platinum stuff. Anyways I came across something I'd never heard of for wedding bands: titanium. I know it scratches/ages differently and can't be resized but I loved the look. It was cheap enough that we're considering getting a nicer one for me to wear to special occasions though that is a closer match to hers.

Anyone else have a non traditional wedding band?:shrug:

Last edited:

va boy

Established Member
I have a titanium wedding band. I really like it, and it holds up very well to abuse, which was a must for me. They are heavy and manly looking too IMO.

Deceptive

Muffin is my spirit animal
Established Member
Premium Member
I have a Titanium ring with a Celtic Knot. I take it off when I do work in the yard or garage. Two years and no scratches. I really like it.

LOL WUT

+65,000
Established Member
I have a tungsten carbide band and love it. Nearly impossible to damage looks great and is pretty heavy.

YukonRally

Established Member
This is mine:

product_thumb.php

I get compliments on it all the time. It holds up amazingly well and after 3 years of abuse it still looks brand new. I ordered it from here: Mens Tungsten Rings - Mens Tungsten Wedding Bands for Men

The site owners are great to deal with, they'll do half sizes and laser engraving too. I couldn't recommend them enough.

SpectorV

Established Member
I had a titanium one, was fine but scratched very very easy. It ended up being to big and I picked up a cheap one that I wouldnt care if I lost and put up my original one. The new one is much stronger and doesnt scratch nearly as easy.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I have a titanium wedding band. I really like it, and it holds up very well to abuse, which was a must for me. They are heavy and manly looking too IMO.

I have one as well. I like it much better than my old gold wedding band. Actually the one I have now is titanium with a gold center band.

verbal

Established Member
Tungsten carbide is awesome. I paid $50 for mine and it stands up to anything. It looks the same as platinum or titanium.

YJSONLY

Established Member
I bought a cobalt one. I was told it did not scratch as easy as titanium but is not as heavy as steel and tungsten. Looks like a white gold but is less than 100. I use my hands for my job and will hardly ever wear it. As I do not want to rock the shocker full time!

Torch10th

I make hits
Established Member
I went with a tungsten carbide ring myself. I liked the heft of it. Initially I was against the idea of diamonds on the ring, but my fiancee was adamant about it. They actually grew on me quite a bit.

Here's mine

503663902_MV_ZM_JAR.jpg

Cbarr300

Established Member
Tungsten carbide here. I love it. It's held up to 4 years in the Marine Corps messing with trucks. Still looks almost new

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

rotor_powerd

Established Member
Premium Member
I bought a tungsten carbide ring on eBay for $14.95 (I went ahead and bought a couple extras as well as a size up and a size down since they were so cheap :D ). I scraped it against a brick wall when I got it to make sure it was real, and it still looks brand new - not a scratch on it.

No reason to pay the jewelry store their 1000% markup, there are plenty of places to get them online. This is about the same as mine -

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Tungsten-Ca...99?pt=Gemstone_Rings&var=&hash=item27c6633c3f

Last edited:

ford_racer

King of SVTP
Established Member
Mine is black ceramic. It won't conduct electricity and will shatter before it takes your finger if it gets caught in machinery or something like that. It's also only $30.

CLN 6R

Established Member
Gold center with slight brushed look, with a thin silver edge on each side. Makes it neutral for almost any watch i want to wear. Wanted something simple, but not all gold.

Last edited:

ford_racer

King of SVTP
Established Member
Last edited:

65fastback2+2

Established Member
mine is a simple black titanium

but it works great because i can wrench on my vehicles and not have to take it off for fear of it scratching or anything

1726065_f520.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread