Wedding bands

blecoupe89

Sprayin for 10's
Established Member
Here's mine...tungsten carbide..it was $250 and holds up extremely well.

I'm with everyone..I don't like the gold rings.

d.11-2215C-G.jpg

Iman01

Established Member
Mine is tungsten carbide. 4.5 years old and still looks brand new and is still perfectly round.

A buddy of mine got one, when working on his lawn mower someone asked him if he should take off his ring so he didn't scratch it. He told them "you can't scratch this" and he then scrapped his ring against the concrete. It came up scratched. Apperantly concrete can contain something that will scratch tungsten carbide; so that and diamonds will scratch it.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
Recently got enganged and love the ring I got for my fiance... went with her to look at bands for me and I was totally nonplussed by all the gold and platinum stuff. Anyways I came across something I'd never heard of for wedding bands: titanium. I know it scratches/ages differently and can't be resized but I loved the look. It was cheap enough that we're considering getting a nicer one for me to wear to special occasions though that is a closer match to hers.

Anyone else have a non traditional wedding band?:shrug:

I have a titanium wedding band, as I did not like the weight of traditional gold, silver rings etc. I cannot stand to have any jewelry on, rarely even wear a watch, which is a shame, got an Omega Speedmaster for a gift 4 years ago!

Bronze123

Established Member
I got a white gold band, 14k, beveled edge on it. Just kept it simple, no diamonds.

Guys with diamonds look wrong to me.

N2DAMYSTIC

WAS THERE A BILL OF SALE
Established Member
mine is a simple black titanium

but it works great because i can wrench on my vehicles and not have to take it off for fear of it scratching or anything

1726065_f520.jpg

Exactly the one I have. Believe I paid $126.00 for it. Super light, unbendable, and still looks great after 9 years.

Bad Chariot

Established Member
I got a slightly used Sz 11 White Gold one I will sell ya. I got officially divorced last friday.

What I learned was do NOT get platinum for either your or her. Its a VERY hard metal and it will chip not dent/scratch. My band was $550 in white gold and $2200 if platinum.

Blown 89

Established Member
I've seen some bad ass Tungsten Carbide rings with carbon fiber inlays. Anyone know if the inlays make them less durable?

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Actually I was wrong when I said mine was tungsten. It's a Scott Kay cobalt band with 14k gold accent. My wife loves it as much as I do. Wasn't cheap, but it was what I really wanted. Much nicer than my (more expensive) old 14k gold wedding band.

scott-kay-cobalt-band.jpg

lobra97

PIITB since 1984
Established Member
Black tungsten...unscratchable unless hit by more tungsten or a diamond. study as hell, was great because I worked on guns all day. ex wife had one too....she had her engagement ring and then black tungsten as well, it was very diff. people always complimented her on it...then we got divorced lol these were our actual rings.
rings.jpg

Last edited:

ShadowGT

Established Member
Tungsten Carbide here as well, takes anything you can throw at it, people always ask me how often I clean it, as it has no scratches and looks brand new. I have put the ring through hell (working in power plants, working on my car, skiing etc) it still looks perfect and I havent cleaned it from day one.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread