Welders

trc46

Layer of Pipe
Established Member
Imagine slivers of broken glass and sand in your eyes when you blink...that's flash burn

trc46

Layer of Pipe
Established Member
Oh if you've got it, cut some potatoes and put them on your eyes sounds weird but trust me they're magical.

97cobra...

Established Member
Did you guys go to an eye doctor to get it checked out or just let it go away on its own ? And that's the exact feeling I had

trc46

Layer of Pipe
Established Member
No, you can get eye drops for it but that's about it. They can't do a whole lot, Best is to do the potatoes and rest it out.

97cobra...

Established Member
No, you can get eye drops for it but that's about it. They can't do a whole lot, Best is to do the potatoes and rest it out.

Okay thanks for the info man I've been putting some ointment in my eyes for it and it's gotten better next time I'll do the potatoes

blkGT500nCA

Established Member
You're not suppose to stare at the pretty blue light.

What causes this? No helmet, or ???

trc46

Layer of Pipe
Established Member
Welding in most cases is brighter than the sun! Even if you close your eyes the retinas can become damaged and 'burned' it's basically a severe sun burn on your eyes. Last week I had left my shop shirt a button up collared long sleeve shirt at home. I welded in my t shirt. The tops of my arms didn't get burnt but the way I was holding the booth curtain bar watching a demo allowed the bottom or soft side of my forearm and bicep to not only get severe burns but also mild nerve damage. It's nasty stuff.

I also have heard that if the lense inside of your helmet is not correctly installed the light will seep through the cracks and burn your eyes from the reflection off the lense. It's up there top ten worst pains,

Users who are viewing this thread