Well got rid of the cobra, went to the dark side

smitty2919

Established Member
It was dealers choice to take his Cobra in knowing what was wrong with it...get over it and stop being cry babies about it.

I'm gonna laugh at you all when someone buys his cobra at an auction for a good price, comes on here and says what great deal they got and fixes it themselves for cheap and gets a nice car.

Teal Terminator

Established Member
Not my cup of tea for a trade but I whole heartely understand your frustration with a car that you continue to keep dumping money into and it isn't necessarily getting any better, especially if it is a DD. Glad you are happy with new purchase though and I hope it treats you better than your Terminator did.

dvtr-

Established Member
NA engines even with H/C/I Own FI engines in durability. There is no argument in this.

Yea.. youre pretty dumb... hotcobra03's terminator
image.php

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
The best mod/first mod for the car pound for pound is a different shifter. When I first got it I took the goat down with me to socal and was showing it off to my buddies and shifted from 2nd trying to go to 3rd a couple of times but dove into 1st!
Somebody already suggested it but the GMM rip shifter (I bought the sport) is a damn fine buy. They are made in australia for the Monaro (Aussie GTO).

And as far as someone crying about a dealership losing profit is highly laughable, those greedy asses probably knew something (if OP didn't tell them), was wrong with the car. They're in a business to make money, thats why private sales are always less than dealership sales. Also if you're a buyer of a +100k mile performance car, you bet your ass I would look long every nook and cranny.

Last edited:

dizzygoat

Established Member
So one person does it, and now its the norm?
Lets face it, neither "owns" each other in durability/reliability because neither is essentially "bad".
However, 99% of the time the machine with less moving parts is generally more reliable and/or durable.

The Gmm Rip shifters are nice pieces, id stick to the street/sport and stay away from the race. Ive heard nothing but bad things. My personal preference is the Billet pro.
Best of luck, you should notice the more you drive it, the more you like it. Its just that type of car.

nextime

Termi? Read Signature
Established Member
A downgrade in my book. I owned a 2001 C5 and traded it in for a 2011 Edge.... yeah it was an upgrade from the C5.

Users who are viewing this thread